Comic

Anya

Indeed, check out the Dabel Brothers, who are the studio producing the Sworn Sword (second issue just came out a week or two ago) for Marvel Comics. You can also get the handsome, hardcover collection of The Hedge Knight, the first miniseries, at Amazon and other booksellers.

As to his other works, there's quite a bit in the works. Fevre Dream has been adapted for Avatar Comics (yet to be published, though, as the art isn't done) by Daniel Abraham, who is also adapting George's award-winning novella "The Skin Trade" (for Avatar again, I think), John Jos. Miller will be adapting the creepy story "In The House of the Worm" for Avatar as well, and there's going to be a new, all-original Wild Cards comic book miniseries to be published by the Dabels.

The Dabels have also said that they'd love to do A Game of Thrones itself. However, I don't think anything's been signed or set in stone yet with regards to that.

By my reckoning it would take upwards of 40 issues to do AGoT by itself ( :stunned: ), let alone the other books, so I'm not sure how they'd approach the project.

The Dabels have also said that they'd love to do A Game of Thrones itself. However, I don't think anything's been signed or set in stone yet with regards to that.

By my reckoning it would take upwards of 40 issues to do AGoT by itself ( :stunned: ), let alone the other books, so I'm not sure how they'd approach the project.

I'd love it if they did it! Are they accepting comments on their site? I thought the Hedge Knight was very well done. I had no idea this was even being discussed. It would be great if they did it as bound graphic novels rather than in traditional comic book form. That might work better.

**Goes to check Dabel Bros. website to leave comment that this is a good idea!**

Well the story goes that the Dabels as a relatively new company approached GRRM about adapting ASoI&F and his answer was something like 'not quite yet, but show me what you can do with this' and offered them Hedge Knight instead. I believe it was their first real contract and from I've read they're quite grateful to GRRM for showing the initial interest that built their company's reputation.

Anyway given that GRRM was pleased enough with the Hedge Knight adaption to give them the rights to Sworn Sword is a good sign that DB may get the chance to draw a longer trip to Westeros sometime in the future. Another good sign is they already adapting novel length material such as Raymond E Feist's Magician.

If anyone's going to adapt ASoIaF, it's probably going to be the Dabels, so I can see why he said no. Doubtless if there's big interest, foreign publication rights might be worked out.

If anyone's going to adapt ASoIaF, it's probably going to be the Dabels, so I can see why he said no. Doubtless if there's big interest, foreign publication rights might be worked out.

It probably doesn't need to be said here, but it would really ROCK if they adapted ASoIaF. I loved what they did with the Hedge Knight, and so far Sworn Sword has been excellent.

In one of my numerous conversations with GRRM we discussed the comic adaptation of the books. He had mentioned the Dabels as the only company he wanted doing it. With the art done primarily by Mike S. Miller. Also, he said that when he knew exactly how many books it was going to take and when he got close to that number by completing the other novels then he would talk with the Dabels about starting the project. So the project could start fairly soon if he still plans on keeping the series at 7 books.

BH

I hope so. The more I think about it, I may be more excited to see a comic adaptation than the HBO series. While the series would be awsome, most likely, there are still a lot more opportunities for failures and cancellations. The Dables have already demonstrated their prowess with HN and SS, so the chances of them mucking up ASOIAF are slim indeed. And their chances for making it a smashingly great series are quite good. Plus, getting a new issue of ASOIAF every month for the next 10 years or so has its benefits. It would certainly help pass the time while waiting for GRRM to churn out the last couple books.

Archived