Comic Books

Nephrite

I only read one comic, 2000AD and I've been reading that for more that 20 years and have over 1000 issues at home. If any of the

members of the various X-teams turned up on Judge Dredd's turf, Mega-City One he'd have them arrested on two charges. Firstly mutants are illegal in MC-1 and are automatically thrown out. Secondly, Justice Department is the official (and only) law enforcement agency in MC-1 and anyone who tries to catch criminals is viewed as a dangerous vigilante!!

I haven't read any comics in a good five year period, and actually closer to ten. I'm a marvel guy. Can I pick up a Cap or avengers and jump in, or will i be so lost it's not even funny?

It's not too hard to jump into any series. Comics aren't all that complex.. and if you do start feeling lost, there's pretty good summaries of what's happened since conception on Wiki.

So why did DC feel the need to go through the whole Crisis On Infinite Earths fuss???

Because they severely underestimated the capabilities of their readers. Even as a 10 year old (who had only read maybe a dozen DC comic books at that point), I understood the concepts of Earth 1, 2, S, X, etc... DC figured that yes, the existing comic fans understood it, but new readers wouldn't... but I find that almost insulting. While I understand them wanting to make it "1 universe" where what's happening in Batman could potentially affect what's happening in Superman... even post-Crisis, most books remained by and large independent of the rest. What happens in JLA is so separate from JSA, they might as well be different Earths.

Archived