The Hound is a nice guy

MTGAP

The Hound is much nicer than you may believe. I mean, Sansa is scared to death of him, but still, all he ever does is help her. In her last AGOT chapter, he gives her advice. Blunt and hurtful advice, but if she didn't take it she'd be hurt more. And not just one thing, either. My book isn't nearby, but she gave him at least 3 good pieces of advice.

I want to see someone be about to kill Sansa, and then the Hound saves her. And then she hugs him and shows him some affection and kindness. I wonder how he'd react to that! :stunned: Then I want to see him have sex with Sansa, because Sansa's hot and she needs to have sex with someone. And Sandor... well, for all we know he's a virgin.

I don't think the Hound is actually an overall nice guy, but I think there is a nice guy hiding out somewhere inside the Hound.

I really like the dynamic between him and Sansa. It seems like maybe Sansa reminds him of innocence - you know, before his brother became fully freakin evil.

Anyway, I'll be sad if he is truly gone from the series.

He didn't just help Sansa, but also saved Loras at the hands Tournament from his brother Gregor. Although I dont think he did it just to be a hero, but because he hates his brother a lot.

And I love Sandor's character too, I will also be sad if hes actually gone from the series.

I want to see someone be about to kill Sansa, and then the Hound saves her. And then she hugs him and shows him some affection and kindness. I wonder how he'd react to that! :stunned: Then I want to see him have sex with Sansa, because Sansa's hot and she needs to have sex with someone. And Sandor... well, for all we know he's a virgin.

:rofl:

Hound is dead. That was stated very clear in the last book. Yet the “Hound†was a mask the real Sandor hided behind and Sandor never was such a bad man he wanted to look. He was maimed both physically and mentally by his monstrous brother yet unlike him he kept much human inside.

The Hound has already saved Sansa's life several times,

1. Blocking her from jumping off a parapet and taking Joffrey with her.

2. Catching her to keep her from falling down a long steep stairway at night.

3. Cutting his way to her in the food riot, and riding out with her on his horse.

Sandor is another perversion of the code of Chivalry, like the Maid of Tarth and the Kingslayer. In Sandor's case, he derides the knights who take their vows and then maliciously enjoy their raping, looting and killing of the weak and innocent they swore to protect but at the same time, he tries to hold to those vows in his own way.

Sandor has followed his swornsword status faithfully up to the point where Joffrey threw his Dog into the Kingsguard. At which time, Sandor learned that his White brothers {knights all} became Joffrey's Dogs like he was but Sandor's role grew so that he had to protect the whole of King's Landing and not just Joffrey anymore. He was not up to the task.

Sandor enjoyed his status as Dog. He obeyed only Joffrey but he had a little room so he could counter some of Joff's crueler moments. For example, Sandor killed the butcher boy Mycah while he was running away so he didn't have to kill Arya Stark when she returned to her father. But as a Whitebrother, he was outnumbered by those who would blindly follow orders to harass Sansa Stark.

Is he dead or alive? I don't know but if he's found people worth serving then he's probably happier about it. And if his brother's truly and completely dead, then he's at peace.

Sandor creted the Hound, prob thought as i look like a monster people will expect me to be one, made it easier to deal with his emotional scars and nurture the hate he has for gregor. When he is with Sansa and later Arya you can see that he does care about other people but finds it hard to express it so stays in the character of the Hound...

The Hound has already saved Sansa's life several times,

1. Blocking her from jumping off a parapet and taking Joffrey with her.

2. Catching her to keep her from falling down a long steep stairway at night.

3. Cutting his way to her in the food riot, and riding out with her on his horse.

Yeah, but he never got GRATITUDE or APPRECIATION!!!

The Hound is no virgin. In ACOK Varys confirms to Tyrion that like many other men, the Hound visits brothels.

Nor was he any kind of a nice guy before the quite Isle. In AFFC the Elder Brother on the Quite Isle states that the Hound's deeds were so dark that word of them reached even the brothers on the Island. He would have been up to some nasty business indeed to have that kind of infamy in a land as harsh as the Seven Kingdoms. He butchers the butcher's son Mycah and has himself a very merry laugh about it. All the evidence that he was really a 'nice guys' in King's Landing stems from the fact that he has some kind of a soft spot for Sansa. He may not have been a Bloody Mummer, or like his brother Gregor and his vermin but he was no Baelor the Blessed.

It has also been discussed in another thread somewhere, that perhaps the hate between Tyrion and the Hound that seems to predate the series could be a result of the Hound being one of Tywin's guardsmen who helps teach Tyrion a lesson with his wife at the time, Tysha. If this was the case it would appear that the old Hound was not above rape either.

The Hound is no virgin. In ACOK Varys confirms to Tyrion that like many other men, the Hound visits brothels.

Visited. Nothing wrong about a sworn sword doing so... Did Sandor feel that the vows of Kingsguard forbade him from continuing it in ACOK?

Then I want to see him have sex with Sansa, because Sansa's hot and she needs to have sex with someone. And Sandor... well, for all we know he's a virgin.

i've been waiting for a hot SSSSS (super sexy sandor sexytime scene) since book one. i just want him to hold me & keep me safe..............wait!!! i like girls.....& sports......& drywall

on topic. if the gravedigger is sandor & he's never received any recognition for his good deeds, & he thinks the gal he loves would never give him a chance because she loves handsome knights, then he is a perfect candidate to become religious fanatic soldier. he will find the recognition he desperately needs through the 7 because they don't care about looks & if he believes he has a second life & old sins are gone then he will be perfect warriors son.

I agree with this. some san san action would be nice.

and I also do not think he is THAT bad of a person. Deep down i am sure he isn't.

and I am pretty sure he is not a virgin.

i've been waiting for a hot SSSSS (super sexy sandor sexytime scene) since book one. i just want him to hold me & keep me safe..............wait!!! i like girls.....& sports......& drywall

on topic. if the gravedigger is sandor & he's never received any recognition for his good deeds, & he thinks the gal he loves would never give him a chance because she loves handsome knights, then he is a perfect candidate to become religious fanatic soldier. he will find the recognition he desperately needs through the 7 because they don't care about looks & if he believes he has a second life & old sins are gone then he will be perfect warriors son.

The Hound is one of the few Characters in the book that isn't full of shit. He's a bad guy, or at least you are lead to believe that at first. The only thing that makes him bad are his evil grins and him following Joff's orders. He isn't overly nice and charming no doubt....but that would be fake for the hound...he's real. He doesn't care what other people think of him. He doesn't do things to look like a Hero night...he does things because that's what he should do.

...perhaps the hate between Tyrion and the Hound that seems to predate the series could be a result of the Hound being one of Tywin's guardsmen who helps teach Tyrion a lesson with his wife at the time, Tysha. If this was the case it would appear that the old Hound was not above rape either.

Tyrion and Sandor are the same age. I cannot imagine Sandor Clegane doing something like that at the age of 13.

... edit: while typing the above, I suddenly realise I can imagine. It changes my opinion about Sandor a bit, I must confess... :unsure:

-G-

Sandor enjoyed his status as Dog. He obeyed only Joffrey but he had a little room so he could counter some of Joff's crueler moments. For example, Sandor killed the butcher boy Mycah while he was running away so he didn't have to kill Arya Stark when she returned to her father.

Yeah, murdering a child is definitely a "nice guy" trait. What's wrong with you people?

Sandor is a tragic character. He is conflicted in that he has so much hate inside him for the world, and then on top of that the world hates him back. He seems to have good intentions, but he's done so many terrible things that perhaps he doesn't feel that he can redeem himself. At any rate, I hope that he can achieve inner peace, but I hope anymore that he gets back to kickin' ass and taking names quickly after he does.

Archived