New Miniatures Line!

Ran

One question, i would like to buy those miniatures painted, i know there are websites

that provide this service, i was just wondering if anyone could link some of the

better ones?

By the way, if you are going to commission someone to paint these, make sure you specify exactly what you want. For example, Cersei as a brunette just wouldn't work :P Or Jaime in black armor. Dark Sword will probably get someone to paint them up and you might be able to use them as examples, but I am not sure if their painter will be familiar with ASoiF and so there may be some "mistakes" relative to how we think the characters should look.

Be warned, a good paint job in the US will cost you on the order of $25 a figure, minimum, for an "average" painter (A lot really depends on what you want. Something that looks average to me, who is in the hobby and has judged multiple contests, might look fantastic to you). You want award winning quality and it'll cost a lot more than that. You can do better overseas, but shipping costs may cut into that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

By the way, don't know if you guys have been checking out the Dark Sword site lately, but there's 2 new Night's Watch minis up. They also state that the first 10 miniatures will go up for sale after Thanksgiving on their Website: http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/. Soon I will have some of these guys in my hot little hands :)

So anyone know of a good basic guide for learning how to properly paint miniatures?

There are literally hundreds of articles out there on painting miniatures. This site:

http://www.paintingclinic.com/

Has a lot of articles written by the site owner (who is an award winning painter) and others. There's a broad variety of articles from the beginner to advanced level. Many of the miniature manufacturer's sites also have painting articles. Games Workshop and Reaper Miniatures both have some good articles. The website http://www.coolminiornot.com/ also has a ton of articles ranging from the basics to advanced topics.

Reaper miniatures also has some (I think its 4) kits "How to paint" that come with paints, brush, a miniature and an instruction booklet on how to paint the miniature that comes with it. It's a good way to get started.

Also, I have a lot of experience teaching miniature painting for beginners. I teach a Beginner Painting class at Gen Con and volunteer at the Paint & Take there. So feel free to PM me for more specific advice.

Would people be interested in a Step-by-step of some of the ASoiF minis? I'm not an award winning painter by any means, but I think it could be helpful to folks wanting to paint their own minis.

Would people be interested in a Step-by-step of some of the ASoiF minis? I'm not an award winning painter by any means, but I think it could be helpful to folks wanting to paint their own minis.

I would be very interested! If you took the time to do something like this it would be greatly appreciated.

Heads-up!

Something of interest: Jim Ludwig updated his Dark Sword Miniatures web site today with some welcome news.

"Later this week, we will post up painted pictures of the first 10 George R.R. Martin Masterworks miniatures in the line and allow those that wish to pre-order them to do so as they will be ready to ship out to people in approx 10 days. Those folks that are members of our mailing list for updates will be the first to know when they will be posted for sale."

http://darkswordminiatures.com/

I myself will pre-order a set as soon as possible. :thumbsup:

Heads-up!

Something of interest: Jim Ludwig updated his Dark Sword Miniatures web site today with some welcome news.

"Later this week, we will post up painted pictures of the first 10 George R.R. Martin Masterworks miniatures in the line and allow those that wish to pre-order them to do so as they will be ready to ship out to people in approx 10 days. Those folks that are members of our mailing list for updates will be the first to know when they will be posted for sale."

http://darkswordminiatures.com/

I myself will pre-order a set as soon as possible. :thumbsup:

I can't wait to get my pre-order on :drool:

ll of our sets have certain miniatures that come in multiple parts to get more dynamic posing and to work within the confines of our mold making and casting process. Super Glue will be needed. These Miniature sets come in bare Pewter metal and are NOT pre-painted!

:bang:

Take them to the local hobby shop, Jay, and commission someone to build and paint 'em. :) Or wait for the people with mad skillz to do it themselves and offer them up on eBay, maybe?

Not sure how Linda and I are going to approach it. There's a Gamers Workshop store recently opened in Gothenburg, so going there and seeing if there's anyone interested is one possibility. The other might be just to take a few deep breaths and try the assembly ourselves, and maybe just go with an ink wash for antiquing.... Hrm.

Take them to the local hobby shop, Jay, and commission someone to build and paint 'em. :) Or wait for the people with mad skillz to do it themselves and offer them up on eBay, maybe?

Not sure how Linda and I are going to approach it. There's a Gamers Workshop store recently opened in Gothenburg, so going there and seeing if there's anyone interested is one possibility. The other might be just to take a few deep breaths and try the assembly ourselves, and maybe just go with an ink wash for antiquing.... Hrm.

If there is a local hobby shop here I am not aware of it. I certainly know talented painters but I think the application may be different.

Ebay it is I guess :/

Archived