Goodkind XXVI- Preferably Something Work-Safe in the Title

The Wolf Maid

OK, I don't know if any of you have seen the latest mystarism, but apparently he seems to think that J.K. Rowling was influenced by SoT :lmao:

These allusions have been there from the beginning. Remember that Harry was named "Seeker" way back in the first book, the same as Richard.

it would be totally cheesy for another author to refer to the hero of their book as Richard Rahl directly... although flattering to Mr. Goodkind that another author recognizes his work but still...

I can't tell if these people are retarded or just delusional. The funniest part about it is that they are sitting here claiming J.K. is alluding to a work that came out only 2 years before her first book because of one word-"Seeker", but if you were to mention to them the ridiculous amount of similarities between SoT and WoT they would come up with some lame ass excuse and probably call it coincidence. (Or tell you that you aren't reading the books correctly)

Also, apparently Someone doesn't know the difference between the word "elude" and the word "allude". I am amazed at how smart these people are.

The Sloganizer:

Welcome to Yeard Country.

Gonna be a while? Grab a Yeard.

Cleans right round the Yeard.

Do the Yeard.

Give that man a Yeard.

OMFG:

Biting the hand that feeds Yeard.

This is officially the best thing ever.

Nothing Sucks like a Yeard.

Only the Crumbliest Flakiest Yeard.

Yeard Saves Your Soul.

Where's the Yeardly Goodness?

You can be sure of Namble Cock.

Takes a Namble Cock but it keeps on tickin'. <-----LOL

Wait til we get our namble cock on you.

Is namble cock in you? I think I'm going to get fired because I keep bursting out laughing at work.

Top Breeders Recommend Namble Cock.

Do You Eat The Namble Cock Last?

The Good Namble Cock Kids Go For.

Namble Cock Keeps Going and Going.

Double the Pleasure, Double the Namble Cock.

It Takes A Tough Man To Make A Tender Almost Rape.

There's First Love, and There's Almost Rape Love.

Where Almost Rape is a Pleasure.

Here's one Tairy follows religiously: An Almost Rape A Day Helps You Work, Rest and Play.

ROFLMAO. Okay I have to stop this and actually try to do some work, great find Erzulie.

I feel tempted to post there and inquire about the similarities between Richard and the Old Testament God - was Tairy influenced by the Bible? (skip the similarities with Jordan, they are too obvious)

I believe the more celerious question is - was the Bible influenced by Tairy?

I believe the more celerious question is - was the Bible influenced by Tairy?

All right, questions like these establish WLU as the Omega Yeard! *salutes with namble-shaped electric buttplug*

:cheers:

Muttering Bill:

So he's finally admitted to being illiterate...

No, he just shows his disdain towards pinko commie lemmings who read.

word:

I can't tell if these people are retarded or just delusional. The funniest part about it is that they are sitting here claiming J.K. is alluding to a work that came out only 2 years before her first book because of one word-"Seeker", but if you were to mention to them the ridiculous amount of similarities between SoT and WoT they would come up with some lame ass excuse and probably call it coincidence.

Immunity to independent thought, a 1st-level spell for the Disciples of SoT (yes, I am a geek. Sue me.)

Also, didn't Frank Herbert mention a hunter-seeker in Dune? Hmmm...Richard Cypher/Rahl was a hunter, if I remember correctly, and then he was named a seeker...So, did Frank Herbert also plagiarize Tairy, or what?

ETA:

Just checked Wikipedia for "seeker" - this was the result...interesting...

OK, I don't know if any of you have seen the latest mystarism, but apparently he seems to think that J.K. Rowling was influenced by SoT :lmao:

I read the thread. The thing that everyone seemed to miss was just how fucking derivative both series are from conventional fantasy. I'm guessing there's no 'allusions', I'm guessing they are drawing on the same source material, though Rowling also pulls on British boarding school material while Yeardii yanks on Jordan.

Are my posts fucking invisible now? Have I been stricken with the jaxom curse? Fucking lemmings.

I don't reply to anything funnier than me. Though I did try out the link.

Fuck you, Mme. I'm pissed that you dumped your lovely Ayn Rand avatar. Bring it back and I will consider speaking to you again.

Erzulie's old avatar kept me up at night, but in a bad way. Not like Wolf Maid's, which also keeps me up at night.

All right, questions like these establish WLU as the Omega Yeard! *salutes with namble-shaped electric buttplug*

Your praise is ambrosia to me. Feel my love. It feels like kielbasa.

No, he just shows his disdain towards pinko commie lemmings who read.

No, I'm pretty sure he's just illiterate. He has his kids type up his responses for him and they do so because it's the only way they get attention. Also explains the poor spelling. The poor reasoning is just 'cause he's dumb.

Oy oy, enough with the personal attacks, we don't want to lose our threads through strategic mod-action.

My bad, I was under the impression that as long as I didn't mention specific names it was okay. Looking back though, perhaps you are right, calling them in "retards" was probably not in good taste. (as true as it may be)

I'm actually afraid of women with really big breast size. I keep on imagining them hitting someone and knocking them unconscious.

Wel, duh. Who isn't afraid of that? But that's a chance you take when the DDs are attached to a slut. :P Yeah. That's it. That's the ticket...

OK, I don't know if any of you have seen the latest mystarism, but apparently he seems to think that J.K. Rowling was influenced by SoT

Is anyone not banned over here who can politely go over and point out that who bit is now the absolute stupidest thing they've ever said over there. I don't even read HP and I know that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Have I been stricken with the jaxom curse?

Don't be a bitch, Mme. :P

ETA: Jaxom curse?

That's Mme trying to steal my bit where I post and post and no one actually responds. I'm 12,000+ posts of "C'MON! READ WHAT I POSTED!" :P

And as for mystar's alleged allusions (alliteratively)...I saw nothing. Other authors are allowed to write noble, heroic characters, too. - Damson Rhee @ TG.net

Guess who's gonna get himself kicked out of the O'ist Compund if he keeps spouting off like that... :lol:

Just to set the record straight: I believe Richard is the "Seeker of Truth", and HP is a "Seeker" of the Snitch. This makes any "illusion" by JK Rowling totally ridiculous, as Richard is infinitely better than Harry Potter. Any fool can see this is true because Harry Potter is seeking a flying ball in a game played by teams (collectives of non-individuals, as Tairy calls 'em), where as Richard is seeking the MOTHERF*CKIN' TRUTH!

Also, I believe Harry and the good guys hole up in Hogwarts and fight the baddies from there, instead of all of them leaving Hogwarts to go to the Death Eaters' homes and cut off the ears of their spouses/house elves, burn their abodes to the ground, and poop in their gardens.

Also *spoiler for Phantom*, Richard is sort of the anti-Messiah, because when Nicci put the Boxes of Orden into play for Richard, she thought "She had just entrusted everyone's life to to him. If she couldn't trust Richard, then life wasn't worth living." Besides the grammatical error (shouldn't it be "lives"?), this shows that Richard probably wouldn't sacrifice himself for everyone (he already sort of sacrificed rescuing Kahlan for everyone), and now everyone else will die based on Richard, instead of vice versa.

Just checked Wikipedia for "seeker" - this was the result...interesting...

Yes, it is interesting - I forgot that Eddings' Elenium (started in 1990) had a race called the Seekers. The CIA (heaven protect them against the jackals of dissent, or whatever) needs to be investigating how Mr. Eddings traveled forward in time 4 years and ripped that name off from Tairy.

Fuck you, Mme. I'm pissed that you dumped your lovely Ayn Rand avatar. Bring it back and I will consider speaking to you again.

It pisses me off that there's a link to Ayn Rand's books in your post. My rage is so disproportionate to the actual severity of this issue that I feel like ripping out some spines.

I'll rip out Wizard's First Rule's spine. Yeah, that's the ticket.

It pisses me off that there's a link to Ayn Rand's books in your post. My rage is so disproportionate to the actual severity of this issue that I feel like ripping out some spines.

I'll rip out Wizard's First Rule's spine. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I didn't intentionally put that link in there, but I'm glad it poped up; this thread could a little more celery.

My bad, I was under the impression that as long as I didn't mention specific names it was okay. Looking back though, perhaps you are right, calling them in "retards" was probably not in good taste. (as true as it may be)

I was under the impression that as long as the mods don't actually warn us, it's OK. That's not true, I just love bashing individual fans. I am uncouth.

Is anyone not banned over here who can politely go over and point out that bit is for now the absolute stupidest thing they've ever said over there.

I've added a qualification for you Jax.

Vigo the Carpathian? He rules. His celery is enormous.

Is anyone not banned over here who can politely go over and point out that who bit is now the absolute stupidest thing they've ever said over there. I don't even read HP and I know that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

I was peeking around that other place... they're pretty quiet. They really could use a lemming or two to liven the place up a bit. I nominate word. :P

Guys I can't go over there and talk to them, I already have an account and post often, it's "Mendo".

Just kidding. (I'm guessing the people who read the thread where everybody at The Site That Must Not Be Named says that rape is a-okay remembers Mendo)

But seriously it would be kinda fun except that that thread is two weeks old and really only 2 or 3 people agreed with Yourplanet and I'm guessing its against board rules to go to other boards and start flame wars.

Archived