Footie footie footie with the feet

Mme Erzulie

So, is anyone else watching the Pompey - Fulham game? It's crazy, gung-ho attacking footie. It's currently 2-1 Portsmouth, but it could easily have been 3-1 or 3-2. PL at it's best (or at least most enjoyable).

I'll be in chat if anyone wants to watch it together.

Meh, the Bundesliga is going to be very frustrating for me this season as it looks like Bayern are going to run away with it. What a depressing thought. I just wish I could be neutral about them but I remember way too many horrible games and lucky victories to be able to appreciate them now that they are playing well for a change. :(

Meh, the Bundesliga is going to be very frustrating for me this season as it looks like Bayern are going to run away with it. What a depressing thought. I just wish I could be neutral about them but I remember way too many horrible games and lucky victories to be able to appreciate them now that they are playing well for a change. :(

Yeah, I was listening to some commentators saying it was a race for second before the season even started, and I was a little surprised.

Yeah, I was listening to some commentators saying it was a race for second before the season even started, and I was a little surprised.

Bayern spent about 70 million on new players (and allegedly offered Luca Toni a higher salary than Barca were willing to pay him), an unprecedeted sum in German football. I kept hoping the many stars would fail to work together as a team but apparently that was a vain hope.

I saw a summary of the Bremen-Bayern match and really liked Bayern. They've completely revitalized their squad. They cut away some useless players and bought good ones like the now excellent French playmaker Ribery and strikers Klose and Toni ( from Fiorentina). It's a shame we won't be seeing this Bayern in the Champion's League this year because they look much more attractive now. They have a seriously strong team now, with van Bommel and Lucio as other central pillars.

Ribery was A-W-E-S-O-M-E !!

bayern played attractive , fast football and its still august.. its indeed damn shame that they do not compete in CL. i d really enjoy watching them trumping barcelona with all their self-sufficing supermegastars

Bah, humbug... the local pub is showing Chelsea-Liverpool and the United-City derby tomorrow, and I'm going to be on a plane instead. Damn scheduling.

So Man City beat Man Utd 1-0. United really are just like Arsenal last season - lots of pretty play, but no penetration. And Micah Richards was immense for City. Definitely got a bright future ahead of him.

Next up, Liverpool v Chelsea. Lets hope it's more entertaining than their CL games last season.

Can't believe Man U lost, just when they really needed to win to keep the distance at least somewhat moderate with the other 3 big teams. Haven't seen the match yet but come on, even without Rooney and Ronaldo they should be able to take 3 points from matches like this.

Hmm, back to the Premier League, please?

Come on man, show some love. I know England and Germany aren't exactly football-friends, but come on... This IS a football thread, not a premier league-thread.

And Martin Jol is a good manager. I don't know why the press devised a disaster-mood (according to Match of the Day it was the press throwing up the shit), but after two matches... Spurs will do fine, I don't doubt. Of course, spending that amount of money sets expectations, maybe too high, but qualifying for European football should be possible.

And wtf is going on with Man U?

So back to the Bundesliga, which would be one of the most interesting and balanced leagues in the world if it wasn't for Bayern. Hamburg is the only non-Bavarian team to win their first two games and I am now really hoping that van der Vaart sticks around for another season: he avoided getting lynched by angry HSV fans by proving what an asset he can be to the team and stepping up and scoring the winner from the spot. Who knows, maybe Hamburg can mount a serious title challenge this season (if they do they are probably going to struggle against relegation again next year...).

That has to be the worst penalty decision I have ever seen. Liverpool were robbed there. Styles had a shocking match.

I agree, but I do wish Andy Gray would find something else to talk about apart from the ref. Can't stand that guy.

ETA: Did any one else see Lehmann's howler? :rofl:

Archived