Footie footie footie with the feet

Mme Erzulie

Inquisitor,

you re the boarder formerly known as loras arent you? anyway you should watch a Bayern match as soon as possible. i think you wil be enthused and despaired in equal measures! ribery is growing to become a new Zizu all over again. maybe its a little too soon but there are unquestionable marks of grandeur in his play .

btw bundesliga is my favorite league after the spanish one. FYI :P

Comments on the EPL matches:

Man United vs City. I counted seven major chances for Man U, some of which hit the bar or went just wide. I counted very little for City. Man U should by all means have won this match, even a draw would have been undeserved, but there you go. I don't think it needs to be pointed out where Man U's problems lie. Depressing start.

Liverpool-Chelsea. Ridiculous penalty. Regardless of what club you favour, that was an offensive foul from Malouda on Finnan if it was a foul at all. There was nothing of a penalty in it and a disgraceful hit by the ref in shuch an important match. The Torres goal was indeed beautiful, I love it when a striker just runs passed a defender based on sheer speed or a simple move. Liverpool deserved 3 points.

Blackburn-Arsenal. Same story still, Arsenal continue to lean very heavily on Van Persie and that engine wil run out sooner rather than later. They look impotent and I not see them as a contender for the title like Man U ( :rolleyes: ), Chelsea and Liverpool.

Also have to mention here that Ajax Amsterdam lost to Slavia Prague 0-1 at home in the Champions League last Wednesday. This is the club that dominated European football roughly a decade ago, stunned with wonderful play from a very talented squad. What has remained is an utterly empty shell that's never performed when it matters in the last 7 years. Losing at home against Slavia Prague, FFS.

A bit part of the reason United didn't beat City is because Micah Richards had the game of his life. He was beyond belief.

And City's goal was a freak, they never deserved to score, though obviously United didn't do enough to score either (and by that, I mean finish).

Just saw on BBC Sport, Styles has been dropped from officiating next week because of his cock ups in the Liverpool-Chelsea match.

The linesman in the Boro and Fulham match has being dropped as well for not calling Healy's goal correctly.

:P and that City goal was a good strike and as a gooner fan I'm going to have to lynch Lehman.

and that City goal was a good strike

As I saw it, it deflected off Vidic and wouldn't have gone in but for that.

Speaking of Vidic, he had a great powered header chance from a corner that hit the bar and could easily have gone in (Schmeichel was stranded and wouldn't have gotten to it).

I stand corrected then!

and god that was a howler for liverpool.

Styles had an awful game. While the penalty decision was the worst of it, he had a load of shitty calls, and his management of the game was awful.

He was 4th choice last season. Since then, they got rid of Nicky Weaver, Andreas Isaksson got injured, and then Joe Hart dislocated his finger, so City don't really have a lot of other choices. I doubt Eriksson would have thrown him in at the deep end like he has otherwise.

I didn't even know Peter Smeichel had a son, let alone that's keeping for Man City.

I wonder how good he will become. He doesn't seem to have his father's height though does he?

You guys should play more Football Manager. He's been one of the top young keepers on there for the past few years ;) (as has Andreas Isaksson, in a strange coincidence).

Archived