Westeros in 1/72

Juba

I've been working on building a diorama of the tourney at Ashford Meadows with 1/72 scale plastic miniatures. What is 1/72 scale plastic? Plastic figures that are small as all hell, but quite cheap, and with a great variety of historical subjects and time periods available. They're also much better proportioned than many metal historical figures, and cheaper too boot.

Of course compromises have to be made at times because of lack of product even though conversions are much easier with plastic than metal. Daeron's three headed dragon helm is a good example, my version only has one head (taken from a metal mini dragon). Recently I ordered some Magic Sculpt, so who knows, maybe I'll get it right after all. Even so, they make the perfect milieu to cover ASoIaF, at least until I get my hands on Tom Meir's Dark Sword Mini's.

So here's a preview of my Ashford Meadows diorama. It's mostly just figures, as I haven't started on the landscapes yet. As I've painted I've gotten better, so I'll likely touch-up many of the figures shown as they were done when I first started the project, just over a year a go. My second diorama will depict The Three Thousand of Qohor. After that, I'm thinking about doing some ships, most likely an Iron Islands longship, an Arbor war galley and a Summer Islands Swan Ship.

Hopefully I'll have a dedicated Westeros in 1/72 web page up in the next couple of months. Anyway, let me know what you think.

EDIT-Fixed link

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback.

I've almost finished my battle of the Three Thousand of Qohor, I'll put it up when I'm done. I haven't found a good hosting site yet, anybody have any suggestions?

The Bravenet site works pretty good for my Westerosi Nights project (by the way, the 1/72 pics are no longer there, unfortunately there's not enough room for them) but isn't the best for showing photos of small figures.

Thanks for the feedback.

I've almost finished my battle of the Three Thousand of Qohor, I'll put it up when I'm done. I haven't found a good hosting site yet, anybody have any suggestions?

The Bravenet site works pretty good for my Westerosi Nights project (by the way, the 1/72 pics are no longer there, unfortunately there's not enough room for them) but isn't the best for showing photos of small figures.

Have you considered CoolMiniorNot? This is the sort of thing that the site was made for!

• 4 weeks later...
Finally got a site up here. Unfortunately its at Myspace, but it's free, so there you are.

Added pics of the Battle of the Three Thousand of Qohor-here.

and Robert and Rhaegar at the Trident-here.

The one bad thing is "You must be logged-in to do that!" when you click the viewpics. I don't have a MySpace account. Can you adjust any settings to make them viewable to nonmembers?

I never knew you had to be registered to view the pics, and unfortunately I can't change it either. If I'd have known that I would never have put the site up there. In fact maybe I'll change sites soon, I hate that kind of shit.

Thanks for the heads up RLB.

EDIT-

Can someone who isn't a member of Myspace let me know if they have access to this link? I'm curious as to what non-members can see, many thanks.

Westeros in 1/72 blog

I never knew you had to be registered to view the pics, and unfortunately I can't change it either. If I'd have known that I would never have put the site up there. In fact maybe I'll change sites soon, I hate that kind of shit.

Thanks for the heads up RLB.

EDIT-

Can someone who isn't a member of Myspace let me know if they have access to this link? I'm curious as to what non-members can see, many thanks.

Westeros in 1/72 blog

Your entire Myspace blog is visible to non-members (Myspace) through the link. What doesn't work is when you click on Ashford Meadows Tourney diorama or "Oh yeah, there are tons of pics of the above mentioned minis here." Looks like everything hosted on your Myspace page doesn't work. When you click on them it sends you to the Myspace home page where it says you have to log in to see them.

Archived