WoW - continued

Lyanna Stark

One think I can add on the Lurker fight is: we don't tank the archer adds. They hit really hard on anything in melee range so don't melee them :P. We always have at least one mage or warlock or hunter for each platform- they CC one add (all sheepable/fearable/trapable) and nuke down the other first. The arrows are easily healed up by any raid healers you got sprinkled all around :)

Spent the night in SSC. We're working on Lurker Below, and at least one person has offered to help me with the infinite primal life I'll need to get the resist gear I'll need for when we move to Hydross. Of course, that still leaves nethers, and shadow, and felsteel. Nethers I think I got offered help with too, but it will be a long time before I get Wildguard and the NR ring crafted.

It took me a week, man. Grind! And get your guildies to help you.

Progression is a guild-wide responsibility. And that res gear is for progression.

Ah, but this is a multi-guild run. Not that there's anyone in guild who would refuse to help me with this, but it's pretty clear the raid leader doesn't think people in general need more than one or two items to give them a bit of each resist. As someone who is frankly a better tank than him but sidelined to third string by details of who runs the raid, I still do need resistance. Bugging the people in my guild is one thing, but I hardly know many of these people at all; I probably know about half the raid. The rest I recognize names but that's all. So between not knowing people and being third-string in the minds of some of them, I won't be able to pull a lot out of the rest of the raid.

Which frustrates me, as when we were doing MC I had to put in zero effort to getting FR gear put together for me. I helped with some of the trips through BRD to get to the forge and anvil, but nobody expected me to go gather my own fire resistance. Here the raid leader clearly thinks of it as each person's responsibility.

So, assuming there's no SSC after Gruul tonight, there'll be a brief mining run probably. Do some dailies, then rustle up a stack or so of adamantite and bank the eternium I get, sell the adamantite for more cash. If people will hand me life, that leaves only felsteel and shadow. Fel Iron is trivial; I can get that on my own in a couple of hours, even though it's around 240 ore. Eternium is more of a pain, though.

But I'm not devoting every hour I have outside of raids to getting resistance gear for this, with or without help. Not even close. Certainly not until I get treated with more general respect by the raid leader.

Still no computer for me. I am getting angry.

I called last night after work and was told the guy who was assigned my comp gets in a 5 and they'd have him call me. No call.

When I dropped it off last wednesday they told me 3-5 days. and if they got the diagnostics done quick it would be sooner. The diagnostics were done that night. so we are on day 6 to plug in a video card, some ram, a power supply, and a HD. No software installation. Probably less than an hour to stick those 4 things in the case.

GIEV COMPUTER BACK!

Ro I still use WASZ to move, I use the mouse to steer and click.

I hate Arena. I put in my time to get my phat lootz. I hate it beacsue I suck at it. I suck at it Becasue 1) my Gear is PvE not PvP, and I already have 2 offspec sets of gear, I dont have room for a 4th set. 2) my spec isnt a PvP spec 3) my class has no CC worth calling CC, and its anti CC is taken out with a wand shot. 4)I'm not good at jumping around like a monkey on speed.

Being good at arena takes a lot of skill, being good at pvp takes skill. Being good at PVE takes a lot of skill. Its very difficult to be good at all facets of the game due to balance issues, spec issues, and gearing.

Phelan, thats a crappy attitude from the Raid leader. Do you have a shared forum? Try posting there that help with resist gear would be appreciated.

I don't even get to go on the 25 mans normally, but I donated a buttload of primals to help people gear up.

race, your job in arena is to chain heal, interrupt when you can, and so on (yes being good in arena requires respec from pve to pvp.) Enhancement Shammies have to be REALLy geared to do damage. Our threes team played a team with an enchanement shammy on it a couple of times last night and he decided it was gonan be his job to fuck with the pally (me.) He failed miserably. If you want to enjoy arena more i suggest teaming with a pally and a ms war. you guys will kick ass.

Being good at arena takes a lot of skill, being good at pvp takes skill. Being good at PVE takes a lot of skill. Its very difficult to be good at all facets of the game due to balance issues, spec issues, and gearing.

playing on a pvp server REALLY helps. its rough to jump into 70's arena without practice.

Anyoen have any idea if the xpac will move the arena lvl to 80, or will there be two arena lvl tiers? (which wouldn tmake much sense imo)

We grouped up and slaughtered - it was very fast and efficient. And since we adore each other, we had fun. :D

Stegho - plz, will you talk to Xyon for me today and mongoose me (off hand)? *begs*

It will be my first prio, as soon as I get home from PT. :)

race, your job in arena is to chain heal, interrupt when you can, and so on (yes being good in arena requires respec from pve to pvp.) Enhancement Shammies have to be REALLy geared to do damage. Our threes team played a team with an enchanement shammy on it a couple of times last night and he decided it was gonan be his job to fuck with the pally (me.) He failed miserably. If you want to enjoy arena more i suggest teaming with a pally and a ms war. you guys will kick ass.

Relic, yeah I know if i want to be good at Arena, I need to respec. I don't really like healing, so I don't want to respec resto. I'm not going to spend the 100g to respec back and forth every week.

Maybe if we can get a well balanced team its worth it, but not with the group make-up we have now.

Archived