NHL Hockey!

Habber

Wait... You bet on Toronto in that case?????

With even odds???

and you wanted to bet MORE money?????

Wow, I love my team too man, but you have to keep those crazy thoughts from cropping up in your head.

NHL Center Ice which I get through Dish Network has like the first week free. I think I may watch Toronto vs Ottawa tonight.

Comcast is doing this too; at least for this game. I figured this out a few minutes in though. Does anyone know why Toskala didn't start?

Comcast is doing this too; at least for this game. I figured this out a few minutes in though. Does anyone know why Toskala didn't start?

No, I don't, and I was wondering that also, especially as Heatley just tied the game at 3 all.

ETA: Toskala's healthy... maybe Maurice is just fucking around? Toskala didn't have such a great preseason, but he's your marquee pickup, and he's supposed to be the man for you in net this year. I think you start him in the home opener vs. your provincial rival.

/bizarre 2nd person mode.

I watched some of the Canadians game and most of the Toronto game. Glad Montreal won, but wish you could have done it in regulation. Montreal looked good from what I saw.

Toronto had no busines losing that game. They controlled the game for 2 periods then sat back. Their power play last night was just horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Ottawa may have had more shots on penalty kill then Toronto did with the man advantage. As much as I hate Heatley, that son of a bitch is good. I guess all the people who said he would be playing for someone else next year were wrong. I am sure Ottawa fans are happy with resigning him for 6 years. One less big free agent that will be available at the end of the year. If the Thrashers could just resign Hossa now..........

I'm impressed with how well the Habs powerplay was. Perhaps they won't miss Souray as much as some thought.

Still, with an effort like they had I hoped they would've scored at least one even strength goal.

And did you see that save by Huet? Unreal!!!! :stunned:

I'm impressed with how well the Habs powerplay was. Perhaps they won't miss Souray as much as some thought.

Still, with an effort like they had I hoped they would've scored at least one even strength goal.

And did you see that save by Huet? Unreal!!!! :stunned:

Save of the year candidate. I call it a bit of a fluke but it got them 2 points instead of 0 so I'm happy. Scoring 5 on 5 is still a concern though. But, a win in Carolina hasn't been easy recently for this club so I am very happy. Too bad RDS was out at my place. Couldn't watch the game so I lost my excuse to study for my hardass class.

Toskala played today and I was decently impressed. He had a few nice saves. Ottawa really needs Emery back though. Gerber is the rebound king. Reminds me of the fat kids we used to put in goal for road hockey and they just stand there and let the puck hit them and go from there.

ETA:

Houndrules, I picked up Zhitnik with my last D pick in my pool since I saw he picked up his point totals after the trade last year. Anything good/bad you can tell me about him? I hope it's a steal.

Houndrules, I picked up Zhitnik with my last D pick in my pool since I saw he picked up his point totals after the trade last year. Anything good/bad you can tell me about him? I hope it's a steal.

I expect him to have a very productive year. He played well for us last year and a full year with Havelid playing next to him should be good. He will quarterback the power play and should put some points on the board. I expect good things from him this year.

I can not wait for the game today. My brother and I will try to get there early to get a lot of beer in us. Bettman is going to be at the game. I think the game is a sellout. The place is going to be rocking. I really want to see how our 4 rookies look. I am also interested in seeing how Holik does. Last year he was the 3rd line center (our checking line). He is going to center Hossa and Kozlov to start the year off. The first part of the year is going to be very important for us. We only play 4 of our first 14 games at home. Not sure if playing on the road with 10 new players on the team is good. Hopefully they come together quickly.

The Leafs are going nowhere with the goaltending they have... a distinctly average duo.

The rest of their team seems a bit better, and Blake really seemed to add a new dimension of speed they had been missing... but that goaltending. :ack:

Yeah, Toronto is gonna blow again as usual. They really need to revamp the team.

Well, I had a great time up until they dropped the puck. Not really. I love hockey and had a great time. The place was packed and rocking. To bad we played like shit. Looked like a bunch of guys we put together 5 minutes before the game. To much talent to play that bad. We did nothing good. Hopefully we rebound against Tampa tonight.

I have to say that I love woman that go to hockey games. They are all so damn sexy and hot. Smoking hot. And lots of them. I did not know if I should watch the game or the woman around me. Hot.

I can't wait for Toews to come back. I just want that division to get competitive already. With Nashville losing a chunk of it's core, it's going the other way with1 great team and 3 medicore ones and shitty Columbus. No excitement in it year after year.

IIRC, Roenick's contract is heavily performance-based, so if he has a shitty season (which he should, as he's nothing but a loudmouth has-been) it won't cost them much.

I wasn't really talking monetarily, that's a given... I was talking more about him being an active detriment to the team; apparently he and another player took minors at the same time tonight to give the Avs a 5-on-3?

Ah, I see. Well Roenick's Roenick. He'll do dumb shit like that. That used to be balanced out by his offensive performances, but he hasn't been doing much of offence lately. Dunno, I have yet to actually see him play this year.

Archived