ASoIaF Campaign

Mern IX Gardener

Hey there, y'all! You might have seen my two posts over at the Westeros: Total War forum. You may be able to judge that I haven't been here very long. :D

For the last couple of months I've been brainstorming and planning a Dungeons and Dragons campaign Set in Westeros. Here's my teaser, feel free to post ideas or whether you're interested or not.

It is called Death in the Garden of Gods - with two main campaigns called Blood and Honour, and the Price of Victory. Its entirely fictional and non-canon but its more how I feel the south would have reacted to the Targaryen Hegemony.

In the first, it is the immediate reaction to the Targaryen election of the Tyrells after Aegon's Landing. All the houses go to war in the Reach - Hightower, Florent, Tyrell, Redwyne, Oakheart, Tarly and Rowan. The Shield Lords are fighting off the Ironborn in the background. Blood and Honour are the only way to victory.

In the second, each of the houses united under a single Great House (determined in part one) go to war against the Ironborn. Hightower, Shield Lord and Redwyne muster a navy and combat the Ironborn along the coast, but as they leave, Dorne invades. What is the Price of Victory?

The Reach is burning.

Mern IX Gardener is dead, but his legacy lives on.

The Valyrian Conqueror gifts the leadership to the Tyrells.

But the fox, the huntsman, the rowan and the oak all have equal claims.

The Reach is burning.

Ironborn raid across the coast, and the Shield Lords are split.

The Arbor is silently mustering and the Dornish move in the hills.

In the oldest town, something stirs in the Hightower.

Hey there, y'all! You might have seen my two posts over at the Westeros: Total War forum. You may be able to judge that I haven't been here very long. biggrin.gif

For the last couple of months I've been brainstorming and planning a Dungeons and Dragons campaign Set in Westeros. Here's my teaser, feel free to post ideas or whether you're interested or not.

It is called Death in the Garden of Gods - with two main campaigns called Blood and Honour, and the Price of Victory. Its entirely fictional and non-canon but its more how I feel the south would have reacted to the Targaryen Hegemony.

In the first, it is the immediate reaction to the Targaryen election of the Tyrells after Aegon's Landing. All the houses go to war in the Reach - Hightower, Florent, Tyrell, Redwyne, Oakheart, Tarly and Rowan. The Shield Lords are fighting off the Ironborn in the background. Blood and Honour are the only way to victory.

In the second, each of the houses united under a single Great House (determined in part one) go to war against the Ironborn. Hightower, Shield Lord and Redwyne muster a navy and combat the Ironborn along the coast, but as they leave, Dorne invades. What is the Price of Victory?

The Reach is burning.

Mern IX Gardener is dead, but his legacy lives on.

The Valyrian Conqueror gifts the leadership to the Tyrells.

But the fox, the huntsman, the rowan and the oak all have equal claims.

The Reach is burning.

Ironborn raid across the coast, and the Shield Lords are split.

The Arbor is silently mustering and the Dornish move in the hills.

In the oldest town, something stirs in the Hightower.

Is this something you are running with a group of friends, or are you using one of those online D&D clients and looking for players to join your group?

Also curious, have you done extensive homebrew rules, or is it going to be pretty straight-forward D&D rules, just set in Westeros?

I'm using straight-forward D & D rules, and I play with my friends. I was just wondering if there was any interest. For example, if you wanted me to post some of the rules. Like I've got rid of the races and replaced them with Reach houses, the race being human by default. Magick using classes have been removed but I'm introducing the Red Priests, Maesters and possibly the Black Brothers as three new classes.

• 3 weeks later...

You might want to track down the short lived A Game of Thrones D20 RPG book. Some major bookstores still have copies available, as well as online sources.

I've used to it help modify my Neverwinter Nights (online DnD) ruleset. It makes things much easier.

• 3 weeks later...

I would greatly suggest buying the Game of Thrones campaign book. It gives great backup information and in my opinion a more interesting system of playing than standard D&D. It's just better suited for the world. I GM for some friends and they all think the system is better and more realistic (well except for one guy who keeps trying to make his character a wizard thing and continues to get brutally murdered)

Archived