Avatar The Last Air Bender Book 3: Fire

Trebla

Here's the super cool promo from comic-con in case you haven't seen it, the non-pirated version.

I'm really excited about the new season! So...

-Who will teach Aang to firebend? Jeong Jeong? Iroh? Zuko? Azula? A new character?

-Who will be the Firelord when Aang finally goes to face him (her)? Ozai? Azula? Zuko?

-Is Suki alive?

-Will this be the final season? Or will there be a 4th season for Air?

One question that seems to have been answered by the clip is Zuko and Mai. How people could think Zuko and Katara could hook up is beyond me. ZUTARA, INDEED! :lol:

I never thought they would seriously hook up but I did think they were setting up a love-triangle there for a while. Nothing definite, but Zuko even did a She's not my Girlfriend at one point.... But I always liked Mai anyway. She's hilarious.

Also, can't wait for next season.... :P

Also, TOPH! God, I love Toph.

Being able to state that one does not love Toph with a straight face would be the first indication of a person lacking a soul.

Zutara would never work.

Yeah.

But Mai, that lucky bitch

Personally I thought the "Tales form Ba Sing Se" short was just about the cutest thing ever.

Toph going "It's upside down, isn't it?" was the most awesome.

I don't think there will be a fourth season for Air. It might be better that way instead of drawing things out. But maybe they'll do a spin-off series about finding new Air people, or about Aang restoring balance by founding a new Air people.

SPOILER: trailer
Aang has a new staff in that trailer. I wonder what happened to his old one.

Re: Mai + Zuko,

It's very possible that the scene in the trailer with the two of them kissing is a flashback. It was implied the first time Mai and Ty Lee see each other that Mai and Zuko have a history together.

Perhaps. But it was not so much implied that they had a history together, but Ty Lee's awareness and acknowledgment of the crush that Mai had on Zuko, which we see in the young Zuko flashbacks in which Azula and Ty Lee play a trick on Mai's affections and Zuko.

Re: Mai + Zuko,

It's very possible that the scene in the trailer with the two of them kissing is a flashback. It was implied the first time Mai and Ty Lee see each other that Mai and Zuko have a history together.

Don't think it's a flashback. Notice that Zuko's face is scarred.

I'd always figured Azula was older than Zuko, until I read up at the Wiki entry that Zuko is 16 and Azula is 14. Gettin' your butt kicked by your little sister! Loving Zuko even more.

To me Zutara is more appealing than Aantara(sp). Anyway, can't Zuko be an item with Mai and then Katara. Serial monogamy beats infidelity if you can pull it off ;) .

I believe the shipper term they've come up with is "Kataang".

At any rate, I'm interested to see how the Mai thing plays out, since Zuko's had a painfully small chance to be a kid and a teenager, and is only now starting to see the flip side of girls. Although personality wise I really can't see how the two of them would ever get along. Not like I'd see Katara and Zuko getting along, the two of them would clash. I guess that's the appeal of that pair. I think the writers have always dropped blatant hints that Katara and Aang are meant to be, and the shippers find something to glom onto. Isn't that always the way it is?

As for poor Sokka, I kind of don't want Toph and Sokka to get together because well, every girl Sokka likes is doomed. I love Toph and I don't want her to fall to the curse of Sokka's past loves. I was holding out for Suki, but of course the writers are evil and imply that she's been killed. Plus, for Sokka, I think he needs to find someone who's willing to go back with him and be a part of the Water Tribe.

The little bit we get to see of Toph in the trailer is great. There need to be more Toph-centric episodes showcasing her bending skill.

I do love Toph as well. And "Uncle Lazy" Iroh. And Sokka. So MANY lovable characters on the show.

I thought "The Serpent's Pass" episode was a classic Toph episode as it showed her at her tomboy best (sarcastic, punching Sokka) but also showed her as girly when she uttered the famous "Oh Sokka, you SAVED ME!" and kissed Suki! :lol: Of course followed by the "Oh...you can go ahead and let me drown now"

I'm really curious as to who will end up teaching Aang to firebend. Jeong Jeong was his initial teacher in Book 1, but I'd be surprised if it ended up being him. I'd put my money on Iroh or a new character that they meet on their new destination in Book 3.

I think this show is one of the most brilliant on TV. Zuko is one of the most conflicted and brilliantly acted characters I've seen. I am so looking forward to the season premiere...I'm DVRing it because I have a game tomorrow night!

Watching it, thoughts:

SPOILER: S01E03: The Awakening

Okay, feels very setup-ish (as is expected I suppose) but wow, cool anyway. Feels like we missed something (those comics from the nickelodeon magazine were supposed to answer that but how the heck do I get them here?!

The speech by Azula's attendants was well-done (and we got to see some of the minor characters, like Zukos would-be girlfriend from "Tales of Ba Sing Se" and the family from "Serpent's Pass"....)

The earth king just randomly going away was just a !HUH!?" moment...

Loved the turtleducks being scared of Azula. That was a nice touch back from "Zuko Alone".

Toph is being pure awesome as usual, oh, and everything looks more badass if done wearing a cape.

Love Ozai's look. He doesen't look like a villain at all.

Azula is just pure evil. Pure delicious evil.

Archived