Avatar The Last Air Bender Book 3: Fire

Trebla

Yeah I'm glad that Book 3 has finally begun-I've been waiting for it longer than ADwD. Overall the first episode was pretty good, one semi-good battle, Azula being evil as ever and Zuko still one step behind her (sorta like Littlefinger/Cersei and Eddard Stark in a way, cept Zuko probably won't get pwned as easily in the end since he can actually fight). And the Earth King-did they do that just to get rid of him, or will he rally his people while traveling in disguise and play a role later on (maybe by joining the invasion or organizing a mass revolt in the Earth Kingdom to distract the Fire Nation armies.) Also, who knows about the invasion plan besides Aang & friends? Did they tell any of the Earth Kingdom generals who were captured by the Fire Nation? If so, does the Fire Nation know of the plan?

second episode was ok

SPOILER: some thoughts
1 ok mai and zuko are together, we get it. can they make any clearer

2 what's up with the footloose plot?

3 in a lapse of attention i did not notice if lazy uncle iroh spoke when zuko visited. there is supposed to be a new voice actor to replace Mako (RIP) but i had the impression that iroh was silent the whole time.

I thought last night's episode was brilliant. The dialogue!

Mai: Orange is such a terrible color.

Zuko: You're so beautiful when you hate the world.

They kiss.

Zuko: I don't hate you.

Mai: I don't hate you too.

:lmao:

Did they tell any of the Earth Kingdom generals who were captured by the Fire Nation? If so, does the Fire Nation know of the plan?

*Azula* knows. Whether or not she has told anyone is anyone's guess. Especially considering that she has her own band of non-fire benders loyal to her in the form of the Dai Li....

I've enjoyed both episodes a great deal. Episode One was REALLY well done, I thought and the second one may be better than we think. I enjoyed the conflict within our two protagonists: Aang and Zuko. Aang really just wants to be a kid but knows he can't while Zuko wrestles with this new thing he's developed....a conscience.

I also am enjoying the view of the Fire Nation...like Zuko, they appear to be more complex than just "villians."

I'm really looking forward to the fourth episode....I think..."Sokka's Master," where Sokka gets a sword master so he can help out more with the fight. Sokka's such a great character I want to see him develop some more.

Ep2:

Azula really does steal any scene she's in. And Zuko and Mai are so adorable. Doesen't help that Grey Delisle is at least an order of competence better voice-actor than the others in the show. (Apart from Iroh and Ozai, of course)

Aang: "You don't know what it's like Sokka! You get to be normal all the time!"

Toph: "Ha-ha."

Toph rules.

And Zuko is a total tool, but adorable for it.

Good call on Grey DeLisle. She is probably my favorite voice actor.

I also thought of "Footloose" but I didn't find it corny at all. In fact, the whole episode was campy in a way that shows how the Fire nation is so rigid that they are blind and backwards to certain a degree. I loved how Sokka and Katara dressed up as Aang's parents and it worked. Also after Daddy Sokka "berates" Aang, the school administrator says "That's what we like to hear" :lol:

Greg Baldwin is the new voice for Iroh, replacing the great Mako. If you watched last weeks' mini short after the first episode, you would have heard Iroh speaking. That was Greg Baldwin. Sounds quite a bit like Mako. I think as far as the story, Irih is just not talking to Zuko because of the betrayal at Ba Sing Se.

yeah all in all a funny and insightful episode (i still think it was a bit corny :P)

i like how the episode highlighted how the current fire nation government sucks:

-repressing their own culture: no dancing kiddies "Just march in place place"

-revisionist history in the war with air nomads

the attitude towards someone from the colonies shows a bit prejudice too

favorite quote: "Everyone here eats meat...even the meat"

second episode was ok

SPOILER: some thoughts
1 ok mai and zuko are together, we get it. can they make any clearer

Hmm... I think the real point of the Mai/Zuko scene was the look Mai gave Azula before walking off. A bit of foreshadowing, methinks.

*Azula* knows. Whether or not she has told anyone is anyone's guess. Especially considering that she has her own band of non-fire benders loyal to her in the form of the Dai Li....

This is an interesting point actually... Azula knew that there was a plan, one that had the sponsorship of the Earth Kingdom military for invasion. Whether she knows that there is still a plan, despite the Earth Kingdom offically falling... that is a big question. It could well be that Azula's key mistake will be forgetting about that plan and overlooking the possible effect of Water Tribe and Earth Kingdom guerrillas teaming up to hit the Fire Nation.

Hmm... I think the real point of the Mai/Zuko scene was the look Mai gave Azula before walking off. A bit of foreshadowing, methinks.

Yep, I think the point was to foreshadow that when Mai has to chose she'll go with Zuko rather than Azula.

Second episode was good, letting it sink in at the moment.

From the first episode:

Azula:

"Please Zuko. What alterior motive could I have? What could I possibly gain by letting you get all the glory for defeating the Avatar? Unless, somehow the Avatar was actually alive. All that glory would suddenly turn to shame and foolishness. But you said yourself that was impossible. Sleep well Zuzu."

B*tch is playing the game of thrones!

What a deliciously calculating character they've developed in her, both with her look, actions and dialogue. [Grey DeLisle - from her pic on IMDB she even looks like Azula (great body of work btw)]

"Sleep well Zuzu."

I'm reminded of Iroh once advising Zuko:

"No. She's crazy and she needs to go down."

Yeah Zuko knows now that he's still being outmatched by his sister at every turn. She does make a great villain though-cunning and powerful. And yeah, she's playing the equivalent of the Game of Thrones-though it's not much of a game with only one real player. I wonder if she's going to try to take out her father on the day of the eclipse, maybe with her Dai Li.

And Zuko looked almost scary/badass in his cloak. Made me think of Star Wars for a second.

Second episode was good, letting it sink in at the moment.

From the first episode:

Azula:

"Please Zuko. What alterior motive could I have? What could I possibly gain by letting you get all the glory for defeating the Avatar? Unless, somehow the Avatar was actually alive. All that glory would suddenly turn to shame and foolishness. But you said yourself that was impossible. Sleep well Zuzu."

B*tch is playing the game of thrones!

What a deliciously calculating character they've developed in her, both with her look, actions and dialogue. [Grey DeLisle - from her pic on IMDB she even looks like Azula (great body of work btw)]

"Sleep well Zuzu."

I'm reminded of Iroh once advising Zuko:

"No. She's crazy and she needs to go down."

Wow, She's ( Grey DeLisle ) was born at Fort Ord ( about 20 minutes from where I was raised ). I wonder if Ran knew her . . . after all, he's a military brat and partially raised there.

ab

How do you think Iroh is going to affect this season? So far he hasn't said anything, but clearly he still matters.
There is really only one reason for Iroh's character, as both a foil for and a key to Zuko's maturation. I doubt Iroh will stay in prison for the rest of the season, and I doubt that Zuko will be stationary either. So it is really a question of what will Zuko most likely do with Iroh.

Archived