Avatar The Last Air Bender Book 3: Fire

Trebla

It was a fair episode, yeah. I actually did get more of a kick out of the short after the episode. lol. I loved how all of the animals were parked outside the "school". And for the record, this Sokka fan would take SUKI!

While I'm not sure about Iroh's ultimate fate, I do think he will play a role with Aang as well. There still is the fact that Iroh went into the spirit world, almost certainly after Lu Ten died. I think that needs to be resolved, as well as Aang needing to be taught firebending.

Didn't really like the third episode, myself, though all the physical shticks and gags did make it funny. Oozing clam? Dripping fish? The sound design guys were great.

Can't wait for next week's episode. And I demand more Fire Nation royalty!

The one thing that bothers me about the new episodes is the way they're becoming more standard animeish, especially with the facial expressions every so often (like the kid at the end of the Headband, and Aang when he gets pissed and starts steaming in Painted Lady). If it becomes more frequent it's gonna get annoying fast. And the slo-mo when the fire wave was approaching Katara. I want none of that again lol.

I would have preferred it if in the end, the fire nation destroyed the village anyway and the factory were rebuilt. It would add a slightly less kiddish backdrop to the war and give a reason fro why the gang can't go and solve all the world's problems despite the fact that its kind of cliche.

this was a pretty good episode. Sokka has a "DAWN" katana! And you gotta love Iroh getting BUFF while sitting in the pokey. I think they are definitely leaning toward him being the firebender master. He looks like he has something to live for.

This was a really good Sokka episode. I've always liked that Sokka was the Han Solo/Every-guy character. This kinda grows him up a tad, but not too much.

Next weeks episode looks good too, especially with the Fire nation beach party. Looks like no one talks trash like Azula! :D

Sokka's Master

Good episode. They had to set up the scenario a bit though. In past episodes Sokka would have been the field commander coordinating the team's response to the meteorite fire.

Iroh and the White Lotus. Completely forgotten he had met up with other initiates in the Desert episode. Seems he set some plans in motion after all :)

They had to set up the scenario a bit though. In past episodes Sokka would have been the field commander coordinating the team's response to the meteorite fire.

Or getting on their nerves. :lol: By "The Drill" he was certainly getting on Katara's and to a certain extent, Aang's nerves. He had been reduced to literally being a a cheerleader once the plan was decided on. As he put in this episode, all 3 are amazing bending masters. This gives him another niché.

Bacl to Iroh...I also got to thinking what other motives he might have. Fact is, he is the rightful Firelord. He was passed over by his ruthless brotherwhen Lu Ten died at Ba Sing Se. He may be looking to finannly end the war that took his son and bring his version of honor back to the Fire nation

I'm wondering if a possible civil war is in making. He may be woefully short of allies at the moment, but he does have the connections of the White Lotus. The jouney of the kids have been showing that the Fire nation people are not all mindless fanatics.

Ack, I believe I've missed the last two episodes now. The last one I watched was the dance party with the Fire nation students.

Personally, I get a little bored by all the little side ventures. I just want to see a lot more development as far as the actual plot is concerned. (There was a beach party in the last episode?) Actually, scratch that, it seems like they seem to be making some headway in their plans based on some of the posts I'm reading.

Like Trebla said, I would love it if Iroh did become Aang's firebending teacher. I'd much rather see Aang learn more about bending than anything else.

I enjoyed tonight's episode (this was the "beach party" one by the way). Sure, the plot didn't really go anywhere, but it was fun and they did some decent character development for the bad guys.

Any theories out there on Mr. Explody Head? Doesn't look like he can be explained away by bending.

Tonight's episode? :lmao: Sheer win. And fail at the same time, because of the pacing.

"HA! YOU HAVE BEEN DEFEATED FOR ALL ETERNITY! YOU WILL NEVER RISE FROM THE ASHES OF YOUR SHAME AND HUMILIATION!"

"TOGETHER WE WILL BECOME THE MOST POWERFUL COUPLE IN ALL THE FIRE NATION!" *blue flame explodes from her hands*

Oh Azula, until now I wasn't interested, but that was TOO funny.

Plus, Zuko's flinging of his robe, with the wind ruffling his hair and doves flying up in the background, and all the opportunities the animators took to make him fill anime stereotypes... I loved this episode.

Archived