The Hobbit Movie

Werthead

Hooray!

Now the question is if New Line are actually going to learn from this and do things right and proper from now on, or are they going to continue trying to screw people over, not get away with it, and be pumped for cash in an expensive legal action? Because this is getting monotonous now.

IO'm more hoping New Line learns the "Wrong" Lesson from this and turns it's lawyers on Disney to try and stop copyright from being extended again.

The sooner they can get Tolkien's stuff in the public domain, the sooner they can milk that cash cow to high heaven.

I didn't dislike it because he changed it from the novels, I realize that it was an adaptation. I didn't like it because of miscasting (Liv Tyler? Bleh!!), turning Legolas into Spiderman, turning Gimli into a lame running-joke, the fake english accents were atrocious, the hobbits grated on my nerves, Sam and Frodo's homo-erotic love affair was nauseating, etc. Basically, I was wincing way too much for it to be a good movie. It had it's moments, but the repeated head slappings left my forehead red, and I don't want to watch it again.

You can make a great drinking game out of that.

Rule: Take a shot everytime Frodo and Sam looks like they are gonna kiss.

Cant remember which one of the movies will fuck you up the most, because by the 1/2 way mark of any of them Im usually to trashed to see straight.

Third Hobbit movie rumoured. And again.

Oh God, not again. Are they trying to piss the fans off? There seemed to be widespread dislike of the 'bridge' movie concept so folding it into the Hobbit proper seemed to fulfil that wish whilst still ensuring the new movies were focused on The Hobbit. Now it sounds like New Line are liking the idea of a 'new trilogy' so the concept has reared its ugly head again.

Hope it gets shot down, and if it doesn't they decide to do it only if they get the rights to the CT-edited material, otherwise it's not a great idea.

Meanwhile, according to Ian McKellan, Bilbo has been cast but he won't say who it is. Daniel Radcliffe has unsurprisingly ruled himself out. Jackson won't comment on the Tennant rumours, but there also appears to be growing belief it won't be McAvoy, who is filming a movie in the States around the time that filming of The Hobbit begins. Meanwhile, pre-production is underway.

Meanwhile (again), Viggo has given up acting (for a bit) and presumably won't be back for The Hobbit (although given Aragorn would be aged somewhere between 10 and 25 depending on how they handle the timeline, it would be a tough sell having Viggo play him anyway).

Meanwhile, according to Ian McKellan, Bilbo has been cast but he won't say who it is. Daniel Radcliffe has unsurprisingly ruled himself out. Jackson won't comment on the Tennant rumours, but there also appears to be growing belief it won't be McAvoy, who is filming a movie in the States around the time that filming of The Hobbit begins. Meanwhile, pre-production is underway.

I think it'd be a pity if its not McAvoy because I think he'd be pretty good and also could conceivably be a younger version of Holm. I see no similarity between Tennant and Holm whatsoever so it would be pretty bizarre to cast Tennant I think.

Archived