NBA Thread

Caliban

Okay, I'm not normally much of an NBA fan, but I had to post this somewhere:

Dwyane Wade is dating Star Jones? Really?

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article.../804240400/1048

Two things just happened at the same time. First, D-Wade has officially jumped the shark and second, Baby Jesus is bawling his little Baby Jesus eyes out.

...and third, Charles Barkley, has removed Wade from out of his Fav 5.

I like these Lakers...

The dry out Kobe (30 points), Gasol scores 38 points and gets 16 rebounds

The dry out Gasol the 2nd match (18 points and 10 rebounds), Kobe gets 49 points... ;)

And all the while Odom adds 15-15 per night.

Here's for a Celtics - Lakers final!

No fucking way. He dumped Mahaka?

:P

Any random NBA player there would be a huge surprise, but D Wade???? No way. He's way too cool for this.

Also, I thought D Wade was married, since college. I distinctly remember "He stayed at school, he's a family man, really mature, ready to shoulder responsibility" stories when he was being drafted.

(Not that this news would be any less shocking if he were single)

...and third, Charles Barkley, has removed Wade from out of his Fav 5.

:cheers: I lol'd, which is rare. Thank you.

Celtics vs. Lakers would be great. KG would have his hands full, though I'd be wishing him the best.

Is it possible for any b-ball fan not to enjoy watching Chris Paul play?

Wha? While I agree the Suns are in some big trouble, I don't see how you can be optimistic about Dallas. At least the Suns looked like they could beat the Spurs. Dallas has been the definition of hapless since the third quarter of game 1. They can't hang.

Lemme say that I agree the Celts will be able to handle either the Wizards or Lebron just fine. I just think they'll have more difficulty than Detroit will have with their second round opponent.

Also, Pierce had some decent series a few years ago (last got out of the first round, what, 03?), but I think calling him a big time playoff guy is reaching.

Well, Dallas won one are still in it. The suns are on the brink of getting hit by the door after that home loss to the spurs. what a dissapointment has that series been. Looks like a few years ago when they played 5 very exciting games (amare av. 40+ points?) but with the spurs going to the next round. I said it once and i'll say it again: As long as nash cant play D the suns are in trouble in every series they face a quick and/or scoring guard (Williams, Paul, Parker even Kidd if he takes Nash to the post)

Detroit frustrates me beyond end. They need to start taking EVERY oponent seriously and not just the likes of LA, Spurs, Dallas and Celtics. I still think they'll pull it out.

I stand by my remarks about Pierce. He can drive, shoot, post up take it strong to the hole. His last great play off successes came when he didnt have to carry the entire load and had Walker beside him. Now he has Allen and KG. Teams cant collapse on him. He'll have a great play off.

Archived