eBooks

lupis42

I have my paper copies and enjoy them mightily, but I have found that I have considerable time that must be spent staring at a computer screen, and such time could be more enjoyable if said screen contained a copy of an ASoIaF book. I have seen eBooks for sale on the intertubes, in a variety of formats, but all of them fail one of three criteria: They either require special software, require me to register the computer in question (I cannot), or require a Palm OS or Windows device. All I want is an unencumbered pdf or html file, that I could keep on a flash drive and copy to and from whatever computer I happen to be reading on, Linux or Windows. I have had no luck finding such a thing from any online retailer, and I am wondering whether there is the slightest chance of one coming into existence. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

The only ones you've found are the only ones available. It may be that some day a retailer will sell the books as straightforward PDFs or HTML, but it's likelier that it'll never happen.

I'd recommend the lit format personally, for your purposes. See Wikipedia for information on open source tools developed to complement the software.

Archived