NFL IV

Kel

Heard this one while watching the Seahawks - Saints game and the announcers were talking about all the timeout mindgames happening with end of the half/game field goals:

This is what we've come to in the year 2007 - coaches are faking timeouts.

Okay, so, Evil Patriots, blah blah blah- they score when the other team is down, they taunt elderly fans, they make TO cry. Whatever. We’re 6-0 and just absolutely TRASHED another undefeated team. Utterly unstoppable. Meh. That’s immaterial right now.

Here’s the question:

Seriously, how good is Tom Brady?

This is not fanboy crap; this is not homer-nation. This is an HONEST TO GOD question. How good – all time –is Tom Brady? Start with Joe Montana and Dan Marino and go all the way down to Kordell Stewart and Rex Grossman.

Joe Montana had the best WR in NFL history. Dan Marino had an entire organization built around him. Okay. We understand this. Here is Brady’s line (through 6 games):

148/204 (72.5%) 1771yds, 21 TDs 2INTs 128.7 (appx).

He’s working on a 10:1 TD to INT ratio; he completes 3 of every 4 passes. At this rate he will break almost every meaningful single season record. He is doing it in the greatest “Go Fuck Yourself†manner I can imagine. He is literally flipping the bird at every single DUMB argument anybody has ever had (“Yeah, Brady is a good game manager, but Manning has all the stats … give Manning that defense..." sound familiar?). He’s putting up insane numbers. Its week 6 and people are freaked. OPEN comparisons to the 72 Dolphins and 85 Bears- and not by yahoos, but by Cris Collingsworth.

And it leaves this question: have we seen his best yet? Think about this.

Three Superbowls- None of the WRs on any of those teams has had a discernable impact on any other team (Deion Branch may end up as the exception, but right now, I am staring to think he’s holding Tom Brady’s 3rd MVP award); he has 2 SB MVPs; SI Sportsman of the Year (2005). The man is a monster. With Moss he has made EVERYONE better.

And this team … folks… its starting to be scary what is happening here.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Nope, we're not getting the NE-Dallas game. I want the Raiders to go back to LA and get off my TV.

Lol, in LA, we got the Chargers-Raiders game as well. So, all you Northern Cal types, stop your whining. At least Raiders are technically your team. What the fuck did we do to deserve that?

At least Raiders are technically your team.

When I was growing up there was one team in the Bay Area. I come back from the military and there are a bunch of assholes playing football in the Athletics ballpark and ruining Sundays. Lame.

Archived