BwB Norcal

Bazzlebane

All purpose organizing thread for BwB Norcal. We just got our Victorian drink on at Hobson's; what's our next get-together?

Teri had a great conversation recap near the end of the last thread right before it got closed. Figured I would import it over:

Seeing as how I was one of the few who did not get drunk (partly due to wanting to have a safe drive home, and partly due to simply not liking sweet drinks like punch), I can remember most of the conversation. Topics included:

comparison of our high schools and our graduating classes

joys and trials being a teacher

FD's job

so cal regional fast food chains

comparison of the drug cultures of the eighties vs now

fantasy football (mostly Bronn and Bazz)

the mafia slow game (Kat, me and Bronn)

the whiteness of the BwB and theories on causes

the price of mojitos

the merits (or not) of karaoke bars

when and what gets you singing

babies, do you enjoy being around them?

being a stay-at-home dad

are there good looking women at sf/fantasy cons?

coyote's daughter's red dress (example of above)

teasing Kat about her state of inebriation

living arrangements (esp AG's and Lann's, also Bronn's)

Bazz's facial hair experiments

reactionary reappearance of 'glories of the domestic arts' propoganda

teasing drunk Kat some more (actually, insert this line between any topic change)

There were frequent brief references to NHAW, but perhaps surprisingly, it wasn't a subject of extended conversation, more just toss-away comments.

We still dread eagerly await the coming of the event photos.

Re: Your lack of facial hair, check out the thread called something like 'Are you face-blind' that occurred in GenChat a while ago. I'm terrible at faces, and I'm not kidding. I usually have to rely on things like facial hair, clothing, hairstyle, glasses, etc to recognize people until I become really familiar with them. :( So don't be offended that I barely recognized you. If it makes you feel any better, I like the beardless look.

So...karaoke joints. I went back and looked up that place in Mountain View, but the karaoke DJ is only there on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday or something--not exactly prime meeting nights. I liked the idea before because he actually has non-shitty music. You know, not just the karaoke cheesetacular standards, but songs that aren't by Madonna written after 1989 and current songs. But those nights are no good.

In SF, there are a couple of options...there's The Mint, which my friends go to. I've never been, but apparently it's really busy. And gay. Might be too crowded on a Friday/Saturday. There's also the Encore Karaoke Lounge, which is apparently less busy.

This place is the kind where you can get a private room, but they don't serve booze. Reviews say you can BYOB, but be discreet. And they don't have an online list of songs, so it could be mostly non-English.

We still dread eagerly await the coming of the event photos.

The photos are uploaded into photobucket and labeled. I just need to figure out how to post the link to the album so that people can't get to all my other stuff (not that there's anything creepy in there). Every time I try it the link takes me straight back into my account, which might just be how it is. I've just woken from a long nap, so I might be a bit sharper now. Or duller. Could really go either way.

ETA: The Onion pretty much said all that needs to be said regarding good looking women at cons.

If all else fails, you could create a new, completely independent account. Maybe just name it "BwB Norcal" and upload the photos there. That way it can't connect to your personal albums.

Norcal members could even share the password via PM if multiple people had photos to upload, and use the same account for future events.

Then again, if we're going to go that route, it might be better to use something like flickr or picasa.

Some of those conversations must have happened after I left. One for sure.

If you're referring to my listing "also Bronn's" on living arrangements, I was referring to you telling us about how you felt about living by yourself vs with an SO. Which was pretty much what AG and Lann were talking about too, except they brought in references to roommates and roommates' boyfriends as well.

If that line wasn't what you meant, then, yeah, we did continue having conversations after you were gone. :P

If we're going to delete unflattering pictures, might as well remove all the ones of me. I look.....shiny. And not in a good way. :P

Kat, you look super cute in all your photos! Trust me, I had your back (all the ladies, in fact!) and there were a few which didn't make the cut (me and Lann included). Seriously, I'm not fond of many of my pictures, either! I feel the need to explain that I had gotten stuck in the rain earlier in the day and didn't have time to re-do my hair, which is why it looks so weird. But whatever.

Fine. I retract the demand. But everyone should know I don't always walk around looking like that :P .

:tantrum: Dammit. False advertising.

Who is MSI101? They keep reading the thread visibly. If you're someone from Norcal and you're not creepy, you should post! ;)

I was wondering that, too!

Great pics AG! Looks like a fun time was had by all. :)

Thanks, but the photos were definately a group effort. Lann had the foresight to bring the camera, which was then passed around the table throughout the course of the evening. I just edited, uploaded, and posted them.

Kat, you look super cute in all your photos! Trust me, I had your back (all the ladies, in fact!) and there were a few which didn't make the cut (me and Lann included). Seriously, I'm not fond of many of my pictures, either! I feel the need to explain that I had gotten stuck in the rain earlier in the day and didn't have time to re-do my hair, which is why it looks so weird. But whatever.

Ah, you protect the girls but leave my poor tongue exposed. I see how it is.

:tantrum: Dammit. False advertising.

I'm not touching that. NHAW has passed and I am mild-mannered and non-suggestive once more.

Archived