A Feast for Crows Voyager/Amazon Limited Edition

Clocks

My first post! :cheers:

I've had a long search around here and can't find a thread on this yet.

I was wondering what the position is on the 'A Feast for Crows' Amazon/Voyager Slipcased Limited Edition and was hoping someone here (and more knowledgeable than I!) would be able to help out!

As far as I know they were released in two sets:

The US/UK edition - 1000 copies

The International edition - 300 copies.

However, I was looking at this edition sometime in the early part of the year and found the edition being discussed at length on a forum website. Now I have searched for hours for that particular thread on several of the GRRM, ASOIAF, SF&F that I know and I haven't managed to find it at all!! :thumbsdown: From what I remember of that thread though, the International Edition only managed to get to one or two countries and for some reason was not suppose to be released at all and/or the international editions were called back (as you can see the memory is a little hazy!). However I remember something of that nature was discussed, thus making the International Editions even more rare than 1/300 they started out at even!

Any help on this would be very much appreciated and I thought this the best place to ask!

So, what info are you looking for? The only signed limited I can find published by HarperCollins is ISBN: 000722463X - which was a print run of 1000. I don't see a publisher's acknowledgement of there ever being an "International Edition", nor mention on any fan sites. It seems like a nice copy of the book, but it doesn't come close to the SubPress version. I'm talking about a book that is 3x the cost of the HarperCollins edition though, so not exactly apples to apples.

So, what info are you looking for? The only signed limited I can find published by HarperCollins is ISBN: 000722463X - which was a print run of 1000. I don't see a publisher's acknowledgement of there ever being an "International Edition", nor mention on any fan sites. It seems like a nice copy of the book, but it doesn't come close to the SubPress version. I'm talking about a book that is 3x the cost of the HarperCollins edition though, so not exactly apples to apples.

What's the status of the subpress version anyways?

The following link provides clear evidence of this release: http://speculativereviews.blogspot.com/200...-rr-martin.html - Scroll down to A Feast For Crows and it is listed there.

I do also actually own a copy of the /300 edition as well.

As far as information goes, I wanted to know anything more than what I put on the original post. I vaguely remember a thread about it from early this year. It mentioned something in the light of the /300 limited release (rare in its own right) actually not being released in the end, however very a small number of books made it to a certain country. And it was from that country that I managed to track down a copy of the release.

So if anyone can shed any light on this at all, it would be much appreciated! I'm just very interested to know what exactly happened to this set! I may also ask the website linked above if I get no luck here.

I'm the one who posted about this, having had at the time some contact with Voyager. :) Linda managed to dig up the e-mail we received on the subject.

Okay, the Amazon edition was numbered for a 1000 run. Then there was the international edition (which was intended for everywhere else, including Australia and New Zealand markets) , which was _not_ intended to be numbered, but they ended up being numbered during printing and some of them got out of the warehouse to retailers before they realized the error. They froze the remaining stock they had and planned to sticker them to cover over the numbering before releasing them.

I'm not sure if that happened or not, but at the time the speculation was that there would be far fewer than 300 of the international edition that were numbered, with the rest (when released) being stickered.

I'd be very interested to hear if anyone's seen a stickered edition. Linda and I saw a few of the international edition at the SF Bokhandeln in Gothenburg back then, though they're now gone.

Never seen a stickered edition Ran, though that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

GRRM mentioned the international edition to me at the AFfC signing in Glasgow when the book was released. I've seen a couple up for sale on EBay, but never bought one. And haven't seen any for a while. TBH, it's one of those curiosities that, even as a fairly rabid collector, I'm not really interested in so I havn't really looked into it.

I do have an international edition of the GoT U.K. paperback though, always wondered about that.:P

In what ways does the International edition differ from the Amazon edition? What is the ISBN for the International? The pictures that Stego has linked on his blog are identical (000722463X). Since you have an actual copy, can you provide this information? You've really got my curiousity up- I have several different editions myself and would simply like more info on the subject.

Archived