What games are you playing / looking forward to?

zakalwe7

Playing

- Currently completely addicted to Medieval Total War 2. Not been this badly addicted since my BG2 replay about 6 months ago.

- Xbox live is down at the moment, so I'm not finding time for Halo 3. Mainly waiting to play through the SP campaign with one of my mates when he's in town next

- Feeling guilty about Bioshock. About halfway through but got distracted by M2TW. Loving the game - only problem is that alot of the setting remains pretty similar.

Looking forward to

- Mass Effect - looks simply incredible - kind of game that i might have fantasised about.

- Assassin's Creed - i must have watched that first trailer video about a gazillion times

- Fallout 3 - long time away but pretty exciting nonetheless

- Empire Total War - should be interesting. Not my favourite time period but definitely the right step for CA

- Currently completely addicted to Medieval Total War 2. Not been this badly addicted since my BG2 replay about 6 months ago.

I just bought the Kingdoms expansion pack. If I can drag myself away from Oblivion, I think I'll fire it up this weekend.

When you finish the Kingdoms campaigns, make sure to install the semi-official Retro-fit mods which add in some fo the Kingdom features and units into the Grand Campaign

Guessing that you are going to start as England and crush the welsh, scots, irish and norwegians?:P

Playing

The Orange Box - the advanced Portal maps are hard!!!

Gears of War - going back to get the Insane-level achievements

Looking Forward To

Mass Effect

Mass Effect

Mass Effect

Too Human

Mass Effect

Assassin's Creed

Mass Effect

Mass Effect

Fallout 3

Disciples 3

Mass Effect

Unreal Tournament III

Soulstorm

Mass Effect

Also, Mass Effect.

Crysis motherfuckers!

Also, I think you forgot Mass Effect flayed man. I'm gonna have to pick up a 360 now, shit.

Hellgate: London could be good. I'm gonna check it out this weekend.

The Witcher, although I don't think you can get it everywhere yet. It's an RPG. Action heavy I think. All you need to know is it contains copious amounts of nudity and female characters to seduce. When the patch notes include:

- Fixes for sex scene with nurses in Act 5.

- Dialogue with cow - moooing is louder.

you know it's worth at least looking at.

Also, Disciples 3!

Crysis motherfuckers!

Also, I think you forgot Mass Effect flayed man. I'm gonna have to pick up a 360 now, shit.

As consoles go, it really looks like the best buy for the foreseeable future. Wii has a very very fun gimmick, but it's still a gimmick. PS3 seems to be very difficult to develop games for (if the release delays on games like UTIII are any indicator) and despite better, more expensive hardware has yet to produce any games that with better graphics than the 360. While 360 has Gears, Bioshock, Halo 3, and the Orange Box as console exclusives (with a fscking amazing holiday lineup to boot), PS3 has... ummm... Heavenly Sword? If Killzone 2 isn't the balls out best game of the year PS3 I'm not sure what it will have left to offer.

Also, Disciples 3!

Glad someone else remembers this series. There never seemed to be much buzz around these games, but both Disciples I & II were awesome - much better than the endlessly repetitive HOMM retreads. I'm not too sure about this new Russian development team, though.

Playing

Halo 3

Looking forward to this year

GRAW 2 Co-op Collection -- should show up on Live any day now

Call of Duty 4 -- looks to be a great SP & MP game

Assassin's Creed

America's Army -- but I have serious doubts after playing the demo last night

Looking forward to next year

Alan Wake

Army of Two -- looks to be a great co-op game

Fracture

Turning Point -- a Nazi invasion of the US? good times

Legendary: The Box -- Pandora's box gets opened in NYC? awesome

Turok

Rogue Warrior

Too Human

Viking: Battle for Asgard -- could be stupid, but I'm tentatively interested

Resident Evil 5

Crysis motherfuckers!

Hellgate: London could be good. I'm gonna check it out this weekend.

The Witcher, although I don't think you can get it everywhere yet. It's an RPG. Action heavy I think. All you need to know is it contains copious amounts of nudity and female characters to seduce. When the patch notes include:

you know it's worth at least looking at.

Also, Disciples 3!

I got the sexless American version--lame. But the game is really cool.

The trailer looked cool - like a mix of Total War and God of War. Not sure how they'll pull it off, but if it works it might kick some serious ass.

Yep, exactly. Could be great, could be awful. All depends on how they're able to pull it all together. Could very easily end up being some Norse mythology inspired version of Ninety-Nine Nights where you just run around mashing the attack button, which would of course suck.

Forgot to add Resident Evil 5 to my next year list.

As consoles go, it really looks like the best buy for the foreseeable future. Wii has a very very fun gimmick, but it's still a gimmick. PS3 seems to be very difficult to develop games for (if the release delays on games like UTIII are any indicator) and despite better, more expensive hardware has yet to produce any games that with better graphics than the 360. While 360 has Gears, Bioshock, Halo 3, and the Orange Box as console exclusives (with a fscking amazing holiday lineup to boot), PS3 has... ummm... Heavenly Sword? If Killzone 2 isn't the balls out best game of the year PS3 I'm not sure what it will have left to offer.

Oh I agree. I'm a PC gamer at heart though. I guess I gotta jump in some time. I'm just waiting till early next near when they release the new, $100 or less PS2s. Then I take the plunge.

Glad someone else remembers this series. There never seemed to be much buzz around these games, but both Disciples I & II were awesome - much better than the endlessly repetitive HOMM retreads. I'm not too sure about this new Russian development team, though.

Yeah, I loved those games, even if they did have a few issues. We'll see how this new developer handles it. It's better then no Disciples 3.

Currently playing Bioshock. Still early in t he game but loving it so far.

Prior to that I was feeding my Civ4 addiction, somethibng I will probably return to once I'm done with Bioshock.

Random, but I'm waiting on Castlevania: Symphony of the Night which should arrive any day. Never played it and I know people loved it back in the day.

Assassin's Creed looks crazy. It reminds me so much of Kingdom of Heaven the film.

This is looking way ahead, but when the next Knights of the Old Republic comes out, I will take a week off from work and go into a deep dark hole where I cannot be disturbed.

Archived