Amusing game review site

Werthead

Yahtzee's just put out another amateur game himself on his page (www.fullyramblomatic.com) which is pretty damn cool. It's a 2D stealth game, pretty short but with quite a bit of depth and very replayable.

That's funny considering he rips on PopCap for making mad cash on 2D games, :P (the Peggle review)

I liked the Zelda review better. Mostly because the fanboy backlash was glorious.

And I've been watching this guy since the Heavenly Sword demo video, which is still one of my favorites. He always entertains, and makes my Wednesdays so great.

I liked the Zelda review better. Mostly because the fanboy backlash was glorious.

I loved it mostly for the following:

"How about something original like instead of fagballs we have another main character like... A dog..." And then he goes on to describe Okami perfectly.

I like the text bits at the end of that one too - "I sometimes name the main character "I Say" because it makes all the other characters sound like Foghorn Leghorn."

And "Shut up about Flak Towers," because of all the guys telling him that the towers from Medal of Honor Airborne were based on something real.

• 2 weeks later...
The latest one is good: FEAR: Perseus Mandate, wherein he points out that making a visceral horror game that genuinely scares you is a bit difficult when you play a gun-toting maniac who can slow down time at will and wields an arsenal greater than some small countries' combined armed forces. I particularly like the image of the game frantically rummaging around trying to find different ways of impressing the player and making a bit of a hash of it.

Hubby laughed at me yesterday - I kept wracking my brain to remember why I was so excited it was Wednesday...

Then it hit like "a bat of frozen stupid":

"Oh sh*t! the new Yahtzee review is out!" :D

The latest one: Assassin's Creed.

"Assassinations take up a small percentage of the game but I'm guessing that Faffing About Creed doesn't have the same ring to it."

"It's a bit like you're enjoying a nice but bland grilled cheese sandwich livened up by Branston's pickle but then someone snatches it from your mouth and replaces it with a spoonful of watery ejaculant squeezed between two pieces of wood."

"Give it a chance but I can't say I'll blame you if you end up trying to fire it into the sun."

This is becoming a staple part of Wednesday nights.

This week: Guitar Hero III

"Guitar Hero and I have a history. Sometime it's been a good and loyal friend and sometimes it's bent me over the furniture and wailed on my arse with a steak tenderiser but I take all of that with good grace because we know for the promise of simulated rock stardom will always bewitch the pasty, nebbish fantasists that are gaming's core demographic."

"Battle mode feels a wee bit broken. THe first time we played the very first power-up either of us acquired crippled the other player and ended the match in about five seconds in a clear case of what is known as Mario Kart syndrome."

Archived