Amusing game review site

Werthead

"Don't believe the lie 'Guitar Hero III.' It's actually the fourth title in the series, the third being 'Rock the 80s' which I haven't played but the day I fork out seventy bucks for an expansion pack is the day I swallow razor wire, pull the end out of my arse and floss myself to death."

Awesome.

Don't think so, and yes the site is tough to navigate. This Link though has all the reviews listed in a neat, chronological order, escapist just made it a bitch to find though.

And yeah, that review was great. As always.

Did anyone but me think the angry game nerd is a bit... shit?

It's a one-joke idea, namely describing the game in a slightly sarcastic manner, then stopping for dramatic effect and then screaming, "WHAT THE SHIT IS THAT ABOUT?" Funny the first time I saw it (on the TMNT game review, especially as I remember the bit he started frothing about), but a bit dull the tenth.

Yahtzee just finds excellent descriptions for the sheer asshattery of gamemaking decisions. It'll probably get old eventually, but for now it's fun.

I'm getting addicted to this thing. I haven't even watched it yet as I want to make a cup of tea and prepare a plate of cookies before I sit down to enjoy it :thumbsup:

THe nerd fella was kinda funny, but yeah, its gotten old fairly quickly. I do think though that if you have played the game he is talking about its much easier to appreciate the review. To be honest I think he is running out of games.

Something slightly creepy has started happening to me...

It seems that when I have to read a long stretch of text - I start hearing Yahtzee's voice in my head, complete with accent and snarky inflection instead of my normal reading voice.

It's helping me read faster (and with more amusement) - but I'm not sure it's a healthy sign...

• 2 weeks later...

How do I get it to work? It keeps asking me to upgrade to Flash 7 or something which I've done several times. I've checked my browser security and cant see anything obvious. This problem occurs on other sites with flash.

Edit: Nm, fixed it.

Awesome.

I can't actually quote one bit of it as the whole thing is just too funny. I've never played any of the Silent Hill games and never particularly wanted to, but this review may just be the best one he's done yet.

Amen, brother.

This review was pretty damn funny, especially Yahtzee's review PC being apparently made of solid obsidian with processing power rivalling the Monolith from 2001, yet it still screaming like a bitch at Crysis' demands.

I really liked the bit where he pointed out that in Crysis you basically have some kind of nano-tech super-suit which can hold off the firepower of a small Middle Eastern army to take down a few dozen lame Koreans and not-all-that aliens, whilst in Far Cry you took super-mutants with bazookas in their arms and a trillion mercenaries whilst your character was armoured with a Hawaiian shirt.

To be fair, a third of the way through the game

SPOILER: Crysis
the Koreans get their own nanosuits, and can take several bullets to the head without dying. Also, they have miniguns. And in regards to the U.S. military superiority, it was all moot, because I never got to drive the tank w/ the railgun. Boo.

Still a very funny review, though.

Archived