AGOT MAFIA 46

House Targaryen

Bon Jovi? You're being a mite too defensive. More than a mite, what with having only one not-even-real vote on you. :rolleyes: What's got you so worried? One English man quoting your songs?

Again....joking. Why are all of you taking me seriously? What could you possibly think was serious about any of my posts prior to all of this?

Are you all just horribly rusty after the long lay off? This is becoming more than a little bit disconcerting. I'm not very confident in our ability to win the game if this is a sign of things to come. :unsure:

Someone has my drugs. Of course i'm taking it seriously!

But seriously, you have tried to kick off two vote-spates already, both baseless. It really does raise the question "Why?"

Were they really jokes, as a way of lightening the mood and kickstarting discussion, or were they an attempt to make an early evening of the odds?

But saying that, not lynching on day 1 is silly, especially in a CF game... so an intelligent bad guy can sit in the shadows and lurk.

I'm not very confident in our ability to win the game if this is a sign of things to come. :unsure:

So what do you suggest, that we waste the first day joking around, practicly garentee an innocent death that leads to absolutely NO clues, giving the badguys a headstart?

We'd be 2 down and none the wiser.

The only way we're going to win this is by having action on day one. Action with reasons, at that.

And so far, the only clue we have is that Bon Jovi melts under pressure, a little like Jacko's nose.

Are you all just horribly rusty after the long lay off? This is becoming more than a little bit disconcerting. I'm not very confident in our ability to win the game if this is a sign of things to come. :unsure:

I'm glad you're able to peg the entire innocent faction and their abilities on page 4 of day 1. Very impressive indeed.

Again....joking. Why are all of you taking me seriously? What could you possibly think was serious about any of my posts prior to all of this?

Your vote on Jagger doesn't bother me, and that was clearly a joke. Jagger's vote on you was also clearly a joke (and an amusing one at that).

Is there a limit? An accusation shortage that is threatening the group? I wasn't aware that we had to ration. Somebody should really think hard about adding that to the rules.

To answer your question, there are 3 evil players. You can count, can't you, Ms. Lopez? So yes, I do want to get rid of more than 2 players. Are you trying to imply that you don't want the same? If so, why?

This looks serious to me though--and it's the only thing to ping my mafiadar for, like, the past month, so you'll have to forgive me for latching on so eagerly. She made a little comment on your flip-flopping and you respond with a generous dose of, as she puts it, indignation. A bit excessive of a reaction, perhaps? A bit of panic at the first sort-of accusation thrown your way? I think you overreacted. That's all. We're only on pg4, chillax.

ETA: @MJ: :lmao:

:cry:

I don't think I can even bring myself to make jokes about myself here. I got the worst of all possible identities. I'm going to crawl off into a corner and die now.

Did you moonwalk into said corner, not wanting to turn your back on any of us?

Anyway, pleased to meet you.

Hope you guess my name.

Of course I'm taking this serious. No point joking around for more than a few hours. Your reaction to my "accusation" was interesting and completely unnecessary. Are you claiming that the indignation was just a joke? Are you claiming that you twisting my question onto me was a joke as well? Certainly didn't seem like it to me.

Congrats, Piper, I'm not certain how you managed it, but the people in this game are acting as crazy as the celebrities they are supposed to represent.

Okay, real slow for you, J-Lo. It's day 1. We have barely any posts. This is the stage in the game when people joke around. Moreover, prior to my posts, there weren't any serious posts in the game. There was absolutely no reason for me to think we had already moved on to the serious part of the game.

I'm not sure if you're new here, or what, but on day 1, we typically spend a bit of time joking around. We make baseless accusations. We cast votes against each other, without backing anything up with serious reasoning. It usually doesn't mean anything - its just part of the fun. And this particular game is even more conducive to that type of interaction, due to the ridiculous personalities we've been given.

So yeah...I was joking. My 'twist' of your words...also a joke. And by 'joke', I don't mean the 'ha ha' type of comment that starts 'two Rabbis and a monkey walk into a bar...' I mean something more along the lines of non-serious sarcasm/dry humor. I'm baffled as to how you could have missed it.

And I can't believe that I actually have to explain any of this.

Here's my earlier comment, just for your reference -

Is there a limit? An accusation shortage that is threatening the group? I wasn't aware that we had to ration. Somebody should really think hard about adding that to the rules.

To answer your question, there are 3 evil players. You can count, can't you, Ms. Lopez? So yes, I do want to get rid of more than 2 players. Are you trying to imply that you don't want the same? If so, why?

Are you really trying to say that you thought I was being serious there? Really? Please be aware that answering in the affirmative makes you look like a complete fool.

Your vote on Jagger doesn't bother me, and that was clearly a joke. Jagger's vote on you was also clearly a joke (and an amusing one at that).

Actually, as much as i tried to make it amusing, I fear that it wasn't entirely a joke. His meaningless vote seemed like an odd move, so i decided to see if he cracked under pressure.

He's cracked a little too much under pressure though, making me slightly less suspicious.

There's still a tingling doubt though. I'm desprately on the wall here... It's driving me mad.

and why would you have any sympathy for Jacko? interesting comment to say the least.

Actually, i've just been waiting on someone to pop in and say hi while i've been logged on, so i can use that line.

Sad i know, but it's the only Rolling Stones song i really know that well. Why couldn't i have been The Boss? :-(

or even Bon Jovi.

Actually, as much as i tried to make it amusing, I fear that it wasn't entirely a joke. His meaningless vote seemed like an odd move, so i decided to see if he cracked under pressure.

Well, I made a similarly meaningless vote right after him and I don't see you assailing me any, so I assumed you just wanted to have fun with song lyrics. :P What strikes me as strange is that he didn't keel over from the pressure you put on him, but one of J.Lo's comments. Bit odd and worth noting down, but hardly damning evidence. As said, we're only on pg4.

So yeah...I was joking. My 'twist' of your words...also a joke. And by 'joke', I don't mean the 'ha ha' type of comment that starts 'two Rabbis and a monkey walk into a bar...' I mean something more along the lines of non-serious sarcasm/dry humor. I'm baffled as to how you could have missed it.

And I can't believe that I actually have to explain any of this.

I think you need to get your sense of humor checked. For all I know, you could be telling the truth, but I don't see nothing humorous.

And seriously. Chillax.

Someone has my drugs. Of course i'm taking it seriously!

But seriously, you have tried to kick off two vote-spates already, both baseless. It really does raise the question "Why?"

Were they really jokes, as a way of lightening the mood and kickstarting discussion, or were they an attempt to make an early evening of the odds?

Okay, it's clear that you're being serious here. Which means you're actually trying to build a case against me for casting 2 joke 'votes' (ignore the reality that we can't even officially vote, we can only suggest) early on day 1 of the game.

I don't even know how to respond to that, beyond what I've already said. Until proven otherwise, I'm forced to proceed under the assumption that you're a horrible mafia player.

Okay, it's clear that you're being serious here. Which means you're actually trying to build a case against me for casting 2 joke 'votes' (ignore the reality that we can't even officially vote, we can only suggest) early on day 1 of the game.

I don't even know how to respond to that, beyond what I've already said. Until proven otherwise, I'm forced to proceed under the assumption that you're a horrible mafia player.

How does discussion begin in a Mafia game if not by making accusations and building cases on day 1? Just curious since you seem to like the idea of explaining to me how to play the game.

What would you do? Sing "Blaze of Glory" til we all give up?

The case on you has nothing to do with the two joke votes. They were, after all, two joke votes. The case, as I see it, relies on the fact that you overreacted when he accused you of flip-flopping on your two joke votes. You took his joke too seriously, not the other way around.

And traditionally, your response would be along the lines of how he's opportunistic and jumped at the chance to accuse you and blah blah blah. The traditional response also includes some respect for your fellow players, and I'd rather like it if you'd show some.

Well, I made a similarly meaningless vote right after him and I don't see you assailing me any, so I assumed you just wanted to have fun with song lyrics. :P

The person who starts baseless votes is more guilty looking to me than someone who continues them. Of course, if someone had teamed up to create an early bandwagon, they'd have defiantely had my vote.

Oh, and on me being a bad mafia player, i guess i could probably take that charge on the chin. But i play it as i see it, especially early on when we can only hope that silly mistakes are made.

Yes.

You were being serious.

Okay, lets break this down.

You claim that I was being serious. So you think I was building a real case against you, correct? Or at the very least, I was attempting to cast serious suspicions against you. Right?

So how was I doing that? What was my major point against you?

My supposed point against you was that your comment implied that you would never want to get rid of more than 2 people in a game where we know that 3 people are evil. I was saying that was suspicious, because you wouldn't ever be able to get rid of all 3 FM/Symps, if you only lynched 2 players.

Now lets step back. Ask yourself - does that make any sense at all, as an actual accusation that somebody would seriously make in this game? Does it fit at all with how we usually play mafia? Does it realistically indicate guilt in any way?

Or does it seem more like sarcasm?

Or does it seem more like sarcasm?

Nope, it seemed serious, not sarcastic. You don't have to make a case against someone to be serious. You can just as easily cast doubt on the statement being asked by turning it around on the accuser, exactly what you did. Understand that this is day 1 and the only thing we can go by this early is reactions to probes. You reacted poorly. That is the simple fact and you breaking it down to me won't change that. Anyone else would have just ignored the statement or laughed it off and said "yea, next up on my hit list is Michael Jackson." Instead, you twisted my words against me, wrote a sermon on how Day 1 is about jokes and then proceeded to break down the accusation.

Just out of curiosity, what's it matter if you were serious or not? Why make it into a big deal when no one else was? It was page 4 after all. I get the impression you're scared so as a result, you automatically jumped on the defensive.

Archived