The obligatory Steven Erikson thread (possible BH spoilers)

Lord Baelish

My guess is that Paran (and Apsalar) will end up on Genabackis in time for Toll The Hounds. Paran may well be reunited with the surviving Bridgeburners. Wouldn't be surprised if Kalam returns then, either.

I completely agree with LB. I thought he symbolized the turning away of Paran at the last moment, just minutes away from what could have been an interesting meeting, pretty well.

oh well.

I just hope we see lots of Apsalar/G Paran in Toll the Hounds. (when's that coming out?)

Spring 2008, if all goes well.

Given the fact that Erikson has completed more than half of Toll the Hounds thus far (the first two books are done), it appears that it should be released on schedule. :D

The fact that he's spending a lot of time writing this new Malazan volume is the only reason why I'm not mad about the time it's taking him to answer those interview questions I sent him! :P

Patrick

payday's tommorow, so i might buy reaper's gale in anticipation of that. :P

can anybody tell me which characters does reaper's gale focus on?

is their any quick ben, paran (all 3), azath house, mappo and apsalar in particular?

The main returning characters in RG include:

SPOILER: Minor RG spoilers
Tavore and the Bonhunters (Bottle, Hellian, Fiddler, Stormy, Gesler etc.), Toc, Trull Sengar, Onrack, Quick Ben, Hedge, Karsa, Icarium (no Mappo) and most of the characters from Midnight Tides (Tehol and Bugg, Rhulad and Fear Sengar, Seren Pedec, Twilight, Silchas Ruin, Udinaas, Feather Witch, Kettle etc.)

The Letheri/Edur and the Bonehunters get most time in the books.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else seen the new MBF UK covers? I wasn't expecting them so soon but I walked into Waterstones today and they had Gardens of the Moon and Deadhouse Gates with their spanking new, fit-in-with-RG-and-TBH covers. DHG also has all the other new covers displayed inside the front page. Unfortunately, I can't find any examples online. Grrr.

DHG and HoC's covers are still the same as before, but the colour of DHG's seems to have been toned down a bit. GotM has a single tower on the cover, whilst MoI has a warrior shrouded in flames (similar to the RG cover actually). MT's cover I couldn't make out very well, but is similar to the existing cover except it shows a large rectangular structure in the water rather than the TE warriors.

Some of them looked pretty good, particularly the GoTM and MoI ones, but the MT one looked odd. Still much better than the US ones though.

Archived