SubPress A Feast for Crows LE Update

Here is an excerpt from their November 14, 2007 Newsletter:

"George R. R. Martin -- A Feast for Crows Update

First, everyone please accept our apologies that George R. R. Martin's epic fantasy, A Feast for Crows, is not yet in your hands.

The holdup, as one might expect, has been the artwork. For a variety of reasons, Tom Canty is nine months late with the finished art, only now turning in the last of the black and white illustrations for volume two of our edition. We've already proofread volume one, and have it ready to head to the printer.

After Tom turns in the last of his black and white art, while we're proofing volume two, he'll turn his brush to finishing the covers and interior color pieces, which he tells us are all in process.

I can only apologize at this point, and tell everyone who has ordered the book that we're pushing Tom to meet his commitments as quickly as he can -- he's a perfectionist, and wants this book to turn out absolutely perfectly, and we believe fans will find it worth the wait.

Thank you, everyone, for your patience on this one. It's going to be a gorgeous set of volumes that will sit proudly on the shelves next to A Storm of Swords, the set that Charles Vess so ably illustrated for us."

I wonder if it'll be in by the end of the year. I certainly hope so myself. It doesn't appear as if A Dance with Dragons will hit until maybe second quarter 2008 at the earliest, so this will ameliorate my A Song of Ice and Fire needs, for a period of time, just fine.

• 1 month later...

Here is an update from their 12/17/2007 Newsletter:

"Still on the George Martin front, it's time for A Feast for Crows update. Tom Canty has now turned in all of the black and white artwork for both volumes, and we've already managed to proof volume one completely. Jenny Crisp, our Martin proofer, should be done with volume two in the next couple of weeks. All we're waiting for then is Mr. Canty to turn in the color work for the book, and we head to the printer.

We're also in final negotiations with an artist for the novel George is currently working on, A Dance with Dragons, and expect to have an announcement on that front soon."

So looking forward to this.

Archived