Testors Ruby Ford for Sale

Balerion

I'm considering selling my Testors Ruby Ford sculpture, and I was wondering if anyone here has bought or sold one of these since Testors stopped making them last fall, and if so what the value of these is now. How many of these ended up being produced? I haven't been able to find any on ebay or anywhere else online.

I have one of the assembled pewter sets, with slight damage from the shipping from Testors. One of the swords, and one of the hands (with a sword) broke off when the sculpture was shipped to me, and I still haven't repaired it. It could be very easily fixed, so I don't think it should lower the value of the set too much. It's a low number set, and I still have the certificate, as well as the book shaped box that it was shipped in.

Also, what would be the best way to ship the set, to avoid further damage? Clearly testors didn't figure this part out.

If anyone is interested in the set, please private message me.

What I heard Tom Meier suggest once is that you get those really tiny styrofoam balls (not the larger "peanuts"), fill a box party way with them, then put in the pewter miniature, then top the box up with the rest of the balls. That should, theoretically, fill every significant gap and space with soft, styrofoam goodness that should protect the miniature.

Archived