PC Game - Mount and Blade

Amin

I know there was a post about this a few years ago, but it's been recently updated. The game is even better now, and really fitting the Thrones theme, and could use a Thrones Mod.

This game fits the Thrones theme so well. If you don't believe me, you can see even easier now. Install it, open up, and don't bother with making a character, just press quick battle and choose Skirmish One. Imagine you are a band of Edmure or Robb's knights, rushing in to help a village under attack from Tywin's reavers, because thats what's going on, there's a bunch of peasants getting slaughtered by enemy raiding forces.

http://files.filefront.com/mountandblade+0...;/fileinfo.html

been addicted to that game since I first saw a post here about it! I'm really surprised there hasn't already been a Westeros-themed mod. I know there's been talk and some work towards it a few times, but nothing ever came of it. If I had anything approaching programming or artistic skills I'd take a stab at it myself, and I still might try to at some point, once the game gets a little more complete. But I agree completely, fantastic game, especially considering it's all independently done, and the developers have just been huge in helping out the modding community. If you ever get bored of playing the vanilla version, there's a million mods you can check out, from minor changes to total conversions!

I downloaded and played this thing a while ago and it jumped easily onto my short list of favorite games alongside major corporate juggernauts like Halo. We need to figure out what needs to be done to have a Westeros Mod of Mount and Blade. It's just too perfect an opportunity to miss, and it seems like we're missing it.

There was an ASOIAF mod project that was started on the Taleworlds forums more than a year ago, but it slowly died because nobody who likes Martin seems to have programming skills, and vice versa, even though it seems like half of the people on that board have names like Jon Snow or Stan B. Maybe we can get up enough interest here. So.

Who here knows how to use Python, can script for M&B or can do art stuff? Who here has the time to put a lot of work into this thing, and who here won't give up on the project like so many others (myself included; hey, college is hard-enough on its own) have? Will no one help the widow's son? Horatio Kitchener/Uncle Sam/Tywin Lannister wants you!

This game already has pretty much everything anyone would need to make a 'living' Westeros environment. What it needs is a new map, new(modified, really) textures and some other modifications.

If anyone is willing to step up to the plate on this one, more information than you could ever imagine needing is here:

http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php

The ASoIaF mod thread is here:

http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,15328.210.html

It's a sad tale, but there have been some signs of movement lately. Please consider lending a hand!

Agreed, the new version is even more suited to something like "War of the Riverlands" modification. You can seige and take over castles. You can attack, loot, and burn villages. There are random war parties going all over the map. It almost has that feel without a modification, all it primarily needs are the map, names, and minor modifications.

Hey, Guys, Just a quick update that there is now an Alpha for the ASOIAF mod to M&B available here:

http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/board,63.html

This is only the roughest of sketches of what the eventual mod will look like; it's more of a testbed for content than anything else. We don't even have a new map yet.

But, It is a step in the right direction. If anyone here wants to help just give out an email address on the forum and you will be contacted.

Thanks.

Archived