WoW

TerraPrime

I don't suppose I can prevail upon anyone who has the patience and understanding of what it was once like to be below twenty in level to explain to me how I get a threat meter and/or radius set up? Thank you!

The dictionary at the end of the manual has explained to me some of the hieroglyphical acronyms that you people use in here, but I am still at a loss for others.

I now understand "tank". Hopefully, others will follow.

I suspect that, if I WAS in a PvP environment, that I would swiftly be labelled a "carebear". :-) Oh well.

:rofl:

Don't worry, it's not just you.

in fact, i encourage you to ask anything, since it's likely stuff I don't know either, and I hate being the only nOOb in town!

ETA: And also, people here have been immensley patient and helpful, something i am very appreciative of.

And only occasionally mocking....

But always in a lighthearted way!

;)

Everyone has been superhelpful here for me, I'm sure they will for you too.

As for addons, I always get mine from wow.curse.com and if your any sort of caster, get quartz it's just so nice and purty. Also damagemeter is nice, kinda pointless, but nice, and if your a Face-melting Fire Mage like me, you get to feel super 'l33t' being top o' the chart.

Actually I have an addon question for those in the know, I use auctioneer all the time and I trust its prices. But a friend of mine told me the other day that it's kinda broken has been for a couple patches, is this true? Or has he just not updated his auctioneer in a while and it's getting funky with the current patch?

Oh and I just did the bestest quest ever. It was a pair of them from Reaver Falls, near thrallmar, they were bombing runs where I just sat back on a flying mount and threw bombs at the legion, it was totally kick ass! The 2nd one is actually repeatable, but nothing is given for it after the first time, not even a little bit of rep. :(

Well, it's even more fun when you can do it yourself. Though you can get knocked off, so maybe not...there's the already mentioned Skettis Quest, and then there's one for the Ogres in Blade's Edge, and there's also the PVP battle for Halaa in Nagrand. If your faction doesn't control Halaa, then you can get on a mount and try to bomb the guards there. I've managed 8 bombs in one run, it might be possible to do 10, but I haven't managed it yet.

Awesome pvping last night.

Did and AV and managed to win despite 20 afkers, Flew to nagrand while re queing to try and farm some air. Killed one elemental, and as soon as I'm done I turn around and get pyroblasted by a mage who then comes and spits on my corpse. Ok well I was still pvp tagged. AV comes up right then so I enter. It was great. 30 afkers. And 2 people who did under 500 damage/healing. With 8 active people its a bit hard to win AV.

So after the loss I gave up on PvP and head back to farm some more air. Same mage is there. Not tagged. I /rude him. 2 seconds later he , a rogue and another player blue boy me. So I res, sit down to eat, and hey nukes me while I'm eating. I res again, soon as I do he attacks me. I close on him and almost get him down when his rogue buddy ganks me. I ahnk and finish off the mage, then get ganked by the rogue. By this time by res time is up to 2 minutes. So as I'm waiting I'm bitching in g/chat about getting corpse camped so Terra and another guy come to help. While they are coming my res time is up, and low and behold the rogue is fighting an elemental right on my corpse. I res on top of him and gank his ass. Terra and the other guildy show up, and they both take off. 2-3 on one they have lots of fun, but they always run off once things even up. Griefers like that is why I'm glad I don't play on a pvp server.

Pretty good night for me as well. Heroic Steamvault and part of Ramparts (the important part, the final boss, as he was my daily). So 6 badges on my rogue. And about 2,500 honor for the paladin. By Tuesday he should have S3 gloves and... well, I think I want the Vindicator's Scaled Boots before the belt.

We tried to get a Mark of the Nexus King; blew 3 stasis chamber keys and didn't get one. And all the blues that dropped were healing; one would have been great for my paladin if it hadn't been BoP.

lol, well if you DID play on a pvp server you'd know how to deal with "griefers" (wtf is a griefer?) :smoking:

Hey, I'm imba but I'm not a pally. I can't consecrate then heal, or bubble then hearth. :P

I know I was pvp tagged, I'm technically fair game, but blueboying is generally frowned upon.

Still, I'm fine with him blue boying me when I'm at half health. But then when I come back at full health he has to get two other people to help him blue boy me a second time. Thats pretty cowardly.

Its pretty hard to take out a rogue and a mage solo at half health. I did manage to get each of them at least once though before they ran off when my back up arrived

Raiders, Curious as to what the preferred raiding add-on is at this time. Used to have CTRA, but it took a while to be updated after the last upgrade. Then, when it seems a newer version is available, I am doing a poor job of downloading it. I download it, but get error messages when I try to unpack the files.

So, is there a better, updated, raid mod, or is there some particular manipulation I should do to succeed at downloading the CTRA?

Have Healbot and Omen and managed to load the updated versions of those add-ons, so just balked by the CTRA.

On the other hand, have been in Kara and ZA, with just the two add-ons and I was able to be effective, so maybe a raid add-on is less important at this level?

Thunderclap

Resto Shaman

Emerald Dream

My PvP gear such as it is.

Right now its pretty much my PvE gear as well. I swap out the boots and gloves for better leather dps gear, and the cloak is a better dps piece as well. I also have the cheap pvp trinket that I use in pvp as well.

So I dont have much right now

the only real pvp pieces I have currently are

S3 Legs

S2 Mace

Vindicator's neck

Vindicator's ring

Vindicator's wrist

Cheapo trinket

I've got about 11k honor and plenty of marks aside from wsg

Arena points I only have 100 and some change.

Any suggestions as to where I should prioritize?

Better Trinket for 2 min CD and 35 res?

Boots for extra stam and res or Belt for extra stam, res, armor?

Or some S1 pieces.

So far I've spent honor on stuff that was PvE upgrades as well, but anything from here on out is probably a dps downgrade.

I'm leaning towards a saving arena points for the S3 gloves, next. The extra 5 yards on shock will be nice.

Also giev 5v5 I need points! :P

Raiders, Curious as to what the preferred raiding add-on is at this time. Used to have CTRA, but it took a while to be updated after the last upgrade. Then, when it seems a newer version is available, I am doing a poor job of downloading it. I download it, but get error messages when I try to unpack the files.

So, is there a better, updated, raid mod, or is there some particular manipulation I should do to succeed at downloading the CTRA?

Have Healbot and Omen and managed to load the updated versions of those add-ons, so just balked by the CTRA.

On the other hand, have been in Kara and ZA, with just the two add-ons and I was able to be effective, so maybe a raid add-on is less important at this level?

Thunderclap

Resto Shaman

Emerald Dream

Not familiar with CTRA, is it a raid frames thing? Warnings?

I use Xperl for frames and bigwigs for warnings and the like.

A lot of healers seam to like grid and clique, I tried it briefly but didnt care for it. I prefer healbot

As a caster I'd also highly reccomend getting Quartz. Its a casterbar that shows latency allowing you to cast spells faster.

Decursive can be helpful, to, but I didnt like that one much either.

anyways I think CT has fallen by the wayside for all their mods.

Thanks, Race

That was the refocus that I needed.

I have heard others speak highly of Quartz. I will try that and the Xperl, maybe the bigwigs if I get a chance. My raidleader is quite vocal and does a thorough job of talking through all the fights and yelling out warnings so might be able to skip the bigwigs.

I guess it is the trashcan for ctra, will clear the files and move on.

Archived