NFL Playoffs

Space Bandito

I got a little uncomfortable watching the game for a second. Anyone hear Madden talking about Garrard? "Take a look at his legs. I mean look at him from the #9 on down. Wow! "

I mean look at him from the #9 on down. Wow! "

I turned to the lady friend watching this game with me and said: "Umm, yeah, I'll let you take care of that. Let me know how it goes."

At least he's not going on and on about that one center's ass crack sweat.

I turned to the lady friend watching this game with me and said: "Umm, yeah, I'll let you take care of that. Let me know how it goes."

At least he's not going on and on about that one center's ass crack sweat.

Was entertaining. I guess they must've sent word to the sky cam operator to zoom in on Garrard's ass. But they were in I-formation so he kind of had to come around the side in a slow zoom shot that i would term "loving". Meanwhile Al Michaels is snickering.

Was entertaining. I guess they must've sent word to the sky cam operator to zoom in on Garrard's ass. But they were in I-formation so he kind of had to come around the side in a slow zoom shot that i would term "loving". Meanwhile Al Michaels is snickering.

It's all a put on! Come on! Madden's setting something up for if and when the Jags play the Patriots and they can have a "which QB has the better ass" contest... :P

Would it have been a better tribute to roll over and die in the last four games?

Of course not. "Lose it for Sean" is just as moronic as "Win it for Sean".

You play your best to win because you owe it to the fans and the team who are paying so that you can play. This is the case whether you have faced tragedy or not. Since it is the case whether you have faced tragedy or not, it is worthless as a tribute.

This does not mean that you don't feel the hole. It means that you are seeking a way to pay him that is not in his own coin.

When they lined up the first play with ten men, that was a tribute, because it symbolically said, "There is a hole where Sean Taylor was that cannot be filled." What does winning four games symbolically say?

What I mean is, it was Pedro Taylor's (Sean Taylor's dad) request to win the rest of the games for his son.

There were four teams trying to make sure it didn't happen. Suppose one of them had succeeded; would that mean the team was spitting on Mr. Taylor's legacy? I don't think so and neither do you (nor should you). But the flip side of that is that the wins were not a concerted effort to honor that legacy.

This team was not using his death as a prop. If you'd seen the emotion on guys faces, heard how they talked about the man, you'd know what his death meant to guys on this team.

I have, and I do. That is the tribute to Sean Taylor, not a few football wins that they were going to try to get anyway; and it is a far better and stronger tribute than any brass trophy could ever be.

UNit 81, call him Big Ben just once and I will put you on ignore.

It was a good game, minus that horrible call in the end zone on the Steelers final touchdown.

Sorry, just not a fan of any team that needs a towel for emotional support.

I never call him that...too gay. I would go by his last name but I don't want to spell it.

And before you're too hard on the towels just know that all the proceeds from them go to a school for kids with developemental disorders like autism, etc.

I never call him that...too gay. I would go by his last name but I don't want to spell it.

And before you're too hard on the towels just know that all the proceeds from them go to a school for kids with developemental disorders like autism, etc.

Fair enough. (even though they are made by kids in China). Good Luck in the Draft and 2008 season. Your team played its guts out against a mean Jacksonville defense. I thought Ward was being a prick, but then I saw the defender bending his ankle backwards on purpose - not cool.

I for one was disappointed by the outcome of the Steelers-Jags game. I'd feel much more confident about the Pats' chances against the Steelers than against the Jags. I guess I should hope for the Titans to win tomorrow or something.

The Jags could be a tough team for the Pats to play. Not that anyone would pick against the Pats, but it could be a nervous game for them, especially if the weather were to get bad up in Foxboro. The Jags are much more built for a slugfest in the snow than the Pats are at this point... maybe enough to even stand a chance.

Great game overall. Ordinarily, after a win like that, you figure the team is going to suffer something of an letdown in the following week because they've been so emotionally drained. But if Jacksonville is playing the perfect Pats, I don't think there's much risk of them not being up for the game.

Looking forward to the Giants/Bucs game tomorrow. To me, that's the game that was most up in the air as far as picking one way or the other. And I've kind of adopted Garcia and the Bucs, for old times sake, for the 08 playoffs at least. It would be kind of fun to see him break the Giants' hearts again-- something about this matchup seems eerily similar to that epic Giants-49ers game in '02.

Archived