Goodkind XXXIII: Happy New Yeard!

tzanth

Santa is real!

Take that back!

[/what the Yeardites think I am]

It's been a long time since I've been tempted to look at the happenings in TG.net. You people have raised that temptation in me again.

Aren't you Jewish, Pita? Contradiction, young man! Now we know Santa isn't real. Thanks, kid. You've killed Christmas. :P

Happy new yeard everyone!

I wonder, is there any ritual I have to take for me to become a lemming of discord? Or is it sufficient that I think Terry Goodkind's writing is utter crap?

(I must admit that I have sinned in the past: I used to enjoy the first few books of the SoT :blush: ; but then I met ASoIaF and other fantasy, and changed my ways)

I was 100 pages into WFR and had commented on its weakness here. Went down to San Francisco to visit some friends this weekend and had it in a travel bag along with some magazines and another book. Lost the bag. Thought it was a sign that I was being relieved of my semi-obligation to finish the book.

Friend calls me yesterday to say he found my bag and he's FedEx-ing it up with its contents. Come back to me Tairy!

I was 100 pages into WFR and had commented on its weakness here. Went down to San Francisco to visit some friends this weekend and had it in a travel bag along with some magazines and another book. Lost the bag. Thought it was a sign that I was being relieved of my semi-obligation to finish the book.

Friend calls me yesterday to say he found my bag and he's FedEx-ing it up with its contents. Come back to me Tairy!

I might be a little too embarrased to claim a bag that had a Goodkind book in it. People would probably assume that you enjoy Goodkind, since they see you with one of his books. :)

I might be a little too embarrased to claim a bag that had a Goodkind book in it. People would probably assume that you enjoy Goodkind, since they see you with one of his books. :)

That's a good point. In fact, my buddy who I left the bag with probably thinks all fantasy sucks so when he saw the contents of my bag, he probably laughed at what I was reading. Oh, if he only knew.

A belated and morally inspired Happy New Yeard to you guys.

My resolutions for the Yeard include warranted criticism, more bad photoshop artwork of my 'favorite' scenes and refusing to buy toilet paper until all my SoT novels are used.

On another note, Happy New Year everyone. Here's hoping 2008 is the best year of your lives and the worst of all those yet to come.

So how do I approach the management staff at the B&N I frequent to tell them that their Confessor display that is still up in the window facing the sidewalk is still offending me?

With a knife. :thumbsup:

KIDDING.

With a hacksaw.

Not kidding.

If contradictions could destroy copies of TG books I'd be saying "This sentence is a lie" every single second of every single minute of every single hour of every single day of every single week for about 3 or 4 seconds.

This thread has always puzzled me.

I have no idea what 'yeard' means. Lemmings of Discord just reminds me of... ok I have nothing to put here. The whole 'chicken that was not a chicken...' thing(great example of untentional comedy) I get, but what the hell is up with goats, and celery, and Tairy?!? Oh, and Ayn Rynd anyone?!?

33 different threads?!? Is it this fun to make fun of Goodkind? Is it because he's an asshole or something? Am I missing out on something big here?

Should I... read his SOT books?

I have no idea what 'yeard' means. Lemmings of Discord just reminds me of... ok I have nothing to put here. The whole 'chicken that was not a chicken...' thing(great example of untentional comedy) I get, but what the hell is up with goats, and celery, and Tairy?!? Oh, and Ayn Rynd anyone?!?

33 different threads?!? Is it this fun to make fun of Goodkind? Is it because he's an asshole or something? Am I missing out on something big here?

I feel I must answer this as I had the same questions about a month ago. Yeard is a ponytail/beard combo. He has one. A bad one.

Lemmings of Discord, I will defer to one of them, but Goodkind haters were once named such and they wear the title with pride.

Is it fun to make fun of Goodkind? More fun than you know. Once you read some of his interviews, you won't believe this guy is for real, or that he is some mega-selling author. It will crush what little hope you have left for humanity.

Should you read his books? Maybe. I read 100 pages of his first and I dont' know if I can go on. He is such a bad writer it's amazing. His story is very cliched fantasy and I suppose many have succeeded like him, but his writing is so bad that it's too painful to get through the cliches.

Yeard is Tairy's way to spell Beard and since it's his way it is now applied to his hairstyle, ponytail and beard (think gay version of Chuck Norris). In Tairy's twisted little mind the goats are noble, the chickens are evil, celery gives you moral fortitude to resist the lemmings of discord ( a term coined by the Yeard's biggest sycophant My*; I don't dare to utter his unholy name here in fear that it'll summon a mod), and of course Ayn Rand is the only philosopher worth reading. I hope this answers all your questions. As for the Yeard being an asshole... just read his interviews and mindonner's excellent blog on all things yeardly.

Archived