Sarah Conner Chronicles

SwordoftheMorning

As huge fan of the Terminator series, I have to admit more than a lil curiousity in regards to this show. Yea, it'll prolly be dreck, but hell it'll be Terminator dreck. Too bad its on Fox. I detest the censorship on network TV. " You're TERMINATED Fucker" won't be the tagline for this one I'm sure.

I'll watch the first one at least, and prepare to be disappointed.

http://www.terminatorsite.com/

I wasn't until I found out Lena Headey is starring in it.

That's why I'm watching.

(Mind yo,u she annoyed the hell out of me in 300, but I forgive.)

SAME HERE!!!!

I fell in love with her when I watched Imagine Me and You. She just does something for me.

Take the Terminator franchise, add in a dose of Dawson's Creek, an emo looking punk for John Conner....what could go wrong?

Who is that kid? He looks familiar, but I can't place him. My guess is the Claire's friend from season 1 of "Heroes", but I haven't bothered to look it up.

He is in fact Zach from Heroes. IMDBed it. Didn't know that. In either case, his haircut from the pub. photos is really bad. In fact those haircuts should be banned nation-wide and anyone who insists on having them should be shot. A guys hair should never be allowed to cover his eyes. That is the realm of badly drawn, sexually ambiguous, scrawny little japanime superheroes. We should not allow that shit into our homes to corrupt our children. The lone redeeming feature of Heroes season 2 was the fact that Peter got a damned haircut.

I'll watch it. Or I'll at least TIVO it.

The girl who played River Tam has really grown up, from the pics of her on that terminatorsite.com. She was just weird and creepy looking on Firefly. Now she looks like a total hottie.

Take the Terminator franchise, add in a dose of Dawson's Creek, an emo looking punk for John Conner....what could go wrong?

Where're you getting the Dawson's Creek vibe from? I'm not seeing it. And John Connors IS an emo looking punk. At least he was in T2, which the show is picking up from the ending of.

I actually have high hopes for this show. I'm guessing FOX doesn't want to fuck up their Terminator franchise by putting out a shit show, so they'll at least be putting some serious bucks into it. At the very least, I expect to see some good CGI.

Where're you getting the Dawson's Creek vibe from?

Teenage girl 'protector' terminator, an overabundance of High School scenes in the promos, the fact that this is a network show and they tend to think that we like shit about picking on geeks and mean, snobby cheerleaders in sci-fi/super-hero shows.

I'm warily optimistic about the show.

But, looking at it coldly, it'll be a disaster. Look at what network restrictions did to Bionic Woman? (Look what the non-restrictive SCI-FI Channel did for BSG, where Eick is a partner with Ronald D. Moore.) Of course, maybe Eick is simply not that great whenever Moore isn't available?

Be interesting to see Summer Glau as a terminator.

This will be a train wreck. I'll still not watch it.

I loved Linda Hamilton in that role. No one else should or could play Sarah Connor. I'll be waiting to read on these boards how totally it sucks.

I figure, if they pick up after T:1, they won't have any Terminators in it. It will be mostly Sarah finding people to teach her about warfare, raising John, and finally getting put in the mental institution. Then they can pick up after T:2 if they can think up a storyline for that.

Also preparing to be disappointed, but my expectations are mild. I'm just hoping it's maybe a step up from Bionic Woman.

Having caught the pilot episodes for both series a few months back the SCC pilot was the better of the two. It was just more fun.

(does anyone know what the timeline will be?)

John Conner is obviously a teenager as shown in the promos so think circa T2.... but there is a twist ;)

Archived