Galway Eurocommie Meet 25-27 April!

Werthead

:wideeyed:

I'd just like to say that 'merkins don't taste good at all. Very bland. You don't want to eat us. And couldn't I offer you a nice, freshly roasted, sacrificial goat instead?

:wideeyed:

*makes packing list*

-new liver for transplant

-defensive weapons

-body armor

I am not very palatable, so I am alright. That, or I'll be hanging out on the Aran Isles for the whole weekend. :P

I spent some of today repeatedly trying to will the Aran ferries site to work so I could post a link. Then, this evening, Ta Da, it worked. Yay :)

I would really like to go out to Inis Mór, to see Dún Anghasa, the late Bronze age fort on the cliffside.

eta - yeah so no cars on the Isalnds but we can hire bikes or travel by jaunting cars ( I have no idea :huh: I will find out - I've never seen one ). It's pretty cheap though - only E25 for students.

It occured to me that anyone who is driving up is probably best off parking at mine or Werts, just a thought.

I spent some of today repeatedly trying to will the Aran ferries site to work so I could post a link. Then, this evening, Ta Da, it worked. Yay :)

I would really like to go out to Inis Mór, to see Dún Anghasa, the late Bronze age fort on the cliffside. I am happy to take my car, so me + 4. There is talk of a magic bus from Scotland - park at mine lads, if you need to.

Yes, I'd found that one already. :P

Same sights I was aiming for, with some birds thrown in (the winged variety).

Yes, I'd found that one already. :P

Same sights I was aiming for, with some birds thrown in (the winged variety).

I can take 4 folks in my car down to the ferry pier, they are out of town.

I am also going out for my classics class party tomorrow night, at the Cellar bar. Some of the lads have put together a band called, Bucket of Guinness and a Straw. If they are any good I will get them to play for us. The cellar bar is available to hire, I'll find out for how much - and I can get lunatic musicians to play - insta hoolie.

So the question I put to you all ( not just Zollo ) is do we want to hire somewhere ? for what night ?

There is a pretty good club called the GPO, that does good tunes across the road ( and more importantly serves red bull ). It's pretty easy stumbling from one to another. It's not usually a deal to get in and some weekends they have pretty good guest DJ's. One bloke mixes and rhymes in Irish - which rules. I reckon we need to get the Jawa up there with some old skool sklep. I digress ....

eta - I fail at typing.

I can take 4 folks in my car down to the ferry pier, they are out of town.

I am also going out for my classics class party tomorrow night, at the Cellar bar. Some of the lads have put together a band called, Bucket of Guinness and a Straw. If they are any good I will get them to play for us. The cellar bar is available to hire, I'll find out for how much - and I can get lunatic musicians to play - insta hoolie.

So the question I put to you all ( not just Zollo ) is do we want to hire somewhere ? for what night ?

There is a pretty good club called the GPO, that does good tunes across the road ( and more importantly serves red bull ). It's pretty easy stumbling from one to another. It's not usually a deal to get in and some weekends they have pretty good guest DJ's. One bloke mixes and rhymes in Irish - which rules. I reckon we need to get the Jawa up there with some old skool sklep. I digress ....

eta - I fail at typing.

I'd say GPO on Friday and other on Saturday. Saturday nights in Ireland are no sights for tourists as you know. Too hormone packed :P

And there is NO place in Ireland that doesn't serve Red bull. Else tell me and I'll get them kneecapped.

Btw you don't know what a jaunting car is?? You ......................... tourist! ;) (horse drawn cart to put it real shortly. You've seen them all over Killarney you must have)

I must admit I'm not keen on it either, but if everyone else is going I'd probably tag along. Myself and small ferries do not mix well. Peadar did give us a great tip though: don't get the ferry from Galway itself, but from another place out west past Spiddal. Apparently the ferry from there takes less than half the time then from Galway directly. Peadar can probably chime in himself with the details.

I must admit I'm not keen on it either, but if everyone else is going I'd probably tag along. Myself and small ferries do not mix well. Peadar did give us a great tip though: don't get the ferry from Galway itself, but from another place out west past Spiddal. Apparently the ferry from there takes less than half the time then from Galway directly. Peadar can probably chime in himself with the details.

The website Mel posted a link to mentions the ferries goes from somewhere called Rossaveal which is 40km from Galway, is that it? A trip to the Aran Islands does sound quite interesting if other people are doing it.

Archived