Feelgood moments?

The Alchemist

This thread most definitely deserved resurrection. Feelgood moments for me were:

- Stark children hanging around together in first chapters of AGOT. Looking in retrospctive, it's sad (and nostalgic) that that's probably the last time they see each other before the end of series. So I'll add their eventual reunion as another feelgood moment :D

- Daenerys finding her place among Dothraki khalasar

- election of Jon Snow over Janos Slynt as LC of Night's Watch

- Tyrion outsmarting Cersei on every step in KL during his reign as King's hand

- Arya exploring and adapting to city life in Braavos and meeting new people

- Grenn and Pyp coming to Jon's aid when Aliser Thorne sent 3 recruits on him

Given the chance to have a proper think about it I'm sure I'll come up with plenty of examples (like I always do in these kinds of threads) but one that jumps out to me right now is the first time during ADWD when Theon begins to be referrred to by his real name. Maybe this was always the case and I didn't notice but I remember pausing at one point and realising that a line of dialogue ended with "Theon said" as opposed to "Reek". I don't know whether it was intentional of not but to me it really began to symbolise his "return".

Also, during the same chapters when it's revealed that Big Walder doesn't engage in the bullying Little Walder does - it was nice to know that some of them are decent people.

1. Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold.

2. When Jaime went back for Brienne. :wub:

3. During the bread riots, "Cersei reared up like a viper." Possibly the only time she defends Tyrion. I was all, do not fuck with this lady.

4. A little moment, at the tourney for Joff's name day. Sansa has just arrived, and Tommen declares that his mother has given him the go-ahead to joust. Sansa says to him solemnly "I fear for your foe." It's just so darn sweet.

5. Davos learning to read.

6. Related to #5, Stannis' arrival at the wall when all seemed lost.

aDwD moments:

Spoiler
7. Jon: "fetch me the block." I literally got up and cheered.

8. "Not any girl. Ned's girl."

9. "The North remembers."

10. When Dany subdued Drogon and rode him for the first time.

Come to think of it, there were several feel-good moments in DwD.

When Daenerys and what's left of her khalasar finally find Vaes Tolorro and the water and food there, averting starvation in the Red Waste (although it sucked that Doreah and others did die before that).

Arya thinking to herself that Hot Pie and Gendry are her "pack" now, and they have to stay together.

When Brienne kills Rorge, granting a cleaner and better death than that vile monster deserved.

Bits of camraderie between Ned & Robert and Jon & Tyrion.

Archived