BWB Norcal IV

Kat

• 2 months later...

Ok, anyone want to do something? There's a n00b from the Bay Area who posted in the Pasadena signing thing and she wished for events around here. Maybe we can do some sort of food thing? In February? I am so creative, here. Who's around?

Ok, anyone want to do something? There's a n00b from the Bay Area who posted in the Pasadena signing thing and she wished for events around here. Maybe we can do some sort of food thing? In February? I am so creative, here. Who's around?

Hey Kat - thanks for reviving this thread! (I had looked around, but I kept getting sidetracked by all the other topics, and ended up spending way too much time reading about a discussion on the sexual preferences of Loras and the Blackfish...)

Hope there's a get together soon - would be really cool to meet everyone :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be happy to plan something, or to help plan...is it easier to meet on a weeknight or on the weekend? Are people around on Friday, 2/11?

Also not sure if there is any interest in doing a GOT premiere party, but my work's got a pretty sweet space in Sausalito that we could use if anyone would be interested :)

I'm always around. so is the Redwoman. when it warms up we can do a bbq/pool thing. the new place has a big pool.

I'm up in the north bay these days... and between work and the little one we're pretty busy. That said, I'm up for a gathering.

We were just talking about you and the baby the other night. Congrats! I was sent to get specifics <smile>

Not sure what people prefer, but will throw some ideas out there...

There's a place that's not too far from the Mission bart station called Beretta that has good pizza & really good cocktails. Can be a bit pricey ($9-12 for a cocktail, or is that normal for SF??), but we could also wander down to another bar from there.

We could all somehow get to the Presidio and go bowling? Japantown also has restaurants & a karaoke bar called Festa (although I never sing in public). Afterward, if we're tipsy enough, we could go take crazy sticker-pictures next door.

There's a wine bar called Amelie in Nob Hill that has good deals on wine, and heard the food is good too.

Of course, I'm also game for anywhere else in the bay area too :)

Oops I forgot I had posted here.

I am always up for karaoke (as I think The Red Woman is as well, neither of us is shy about singing in public), but last time we did that as an event I think too many people were "busy" that night. :lol:

I'm around 2/11. I think I could probably poke some of the other bay area people who may not have seen the thread. AG's moved to SF now.

bl, is the new place near your old place?

Maester Y, congrats to you both on the new addition!

Oops I forgot I had posted here.

I am always up for karaoke (as I think The Red Woman is as well, neither of us is shy about singing in public), but last time we did that as an event I think too many people were "busy" that night. :lol:

I'm around 2/11. I think I could probably poke some of the other bay area people who may not have seen the thread. AG's moved to SF now.

bl, is the new place near your old place?

Maester Y, congrats to you both on the new addition!

yep the new place is 3 blocks as the crow flies from the old place. and unlike the old place with its funky dining room, this place is spacious -- with wet bar (for Bronn) and pool/patio (for the RedWoman).

Beretta looked good, we almost went there last week (did flour+water instead)

if you (or anyone) is interested, TheRedwoman (my other half for the uninitiated) is in an Operatic Production (I think Its called Opera Scenes) at Holy Names in April. Yep, I'm pimping her show. The more the merrier.

Hey, good stuff! I am so horribly out of the loop and would love to get caught up and meet new people. My travel schedule is pretty hectic these days but as of now I'm open for Feb 11. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and will definitely be in if I'm around. Unless you guys decide to go to karaoke, then I think I have plans that night. :)

Well, we could always just start with pizza & cocktails, and then maybe find ourselves at Festa later...I should also add that there is an ice-cream crepe place across from Festa that is really good. Vanilla bean gelato with nutella and bananas wrapped up in a freshly made warm crepe...karaoke isn't all that Japantown has to offer :)

If needs be, I can also be DD and drive as many people that can fit in a 1998 civic!

Thanks... little one is doing well. He does, however, make it somewhat difficult to get out... especially on a Friday night. That said, 2/11 is a possibility, though I'd hate to ask that we pick a location that's more baby-friendly (bowling would be okay. A bar, not so much).

BL - He's six months old and getting big... like, really big.

if we are looking family friendly (and I know theRedWoman has poopooed Karaoke, as she has as singing thingee on sat) we can find a family friendly restaurant (like family style -- I like Capp's Corner in North Beach) or they may be others you know of.

Here are a few other suggestions

- Giorgio's Pizza or Burma Superstar in the Richmond. Could also go to the Buckshot(bar/restaurant w/shuffleboard, pool tables, etc.) nearby

- Suppenkuche in Hayes Valley. German food with lots of beer. Reminds me of a modern day Inn at the Crossroads..., but as such, can get quite noisy

- Caffe BaoNecci, also in North Beach

Capp's Corner is great - have only been there once, before heading to a Beach Blanket Babylon show. I think they also accept reservations?

Unfortunately our plans changed over the last few days... we've got to head out of town and our flight leaves on the 12th... makes a meet-up on the 11th a bit too much with the little one. We'll have to bow out this time, but we're looking forward to seeing you all again (and some of you for the first time) at some point in the future.

:cheers:

Archived