You know you've been reading too much ASoIaF when...

Ser Spidey

I actually do that.

A lot.

You check what'll happen if you put ASOIAF characters into other settings.

(For example, I had a lovely thought for myself about what would happen if Jaime were to go into Crime and Punishment. That would be the biggest middle finger Dostoyevski could get, and Melisandre would completely warp the world of warcraft)

Your email bounces because you spell your friend's name Robb instead of Rob. Did that yesterday.

You use the phrase "have you taken leave of your wits?!" a little too often.

Your ideal holiday isn't Hawaii, but the Water Gardens in Dorne.

You notice that a lot of people in your life don't look anything like their supposed father.

You start misspelling the name of everyone you know called "Jamie" as "Jaime" instead. Ditto "Caitlin" and "Catelyn".

You stop thinking that incest is quite as wrong as you always thought it was... at least when they're in love...

You start misspelling the name of everyone you know called "Jamie" as "Jaime" instead. Ditto "Caitlin" and "Catelyn".

You stop thinking that incest is quite as wrong as you always thought it was... at least when they're in love...

I have the same name problem now, but I also have Syrio's little saying come to me at random times, mainly its "Quiet as a shadow" and "Fear cuts deeper than swords"

I remember the old thread of this, some people do some crazy stuff!

Always say Gods instead of God.

You write Valar Morghulis and Valar Dohaeris all over spare book covers and in the corners of paper

You always want to say: "Yea? Well, Valar Morghulis Mother Fucker!" to some annoying person.

You have more friends over westeros.org than you do in real life.

You sympathise with Jaime over the incest problem - who wouldnt want to sleep with that fine pair of ***?!

The next time you see a dwarf, you no longer think of Gimli.

You know the words to The Bear and The Maiden Fair better than your own national anthem.

Calling your cats Jaime and Cersei, but hope they dont do what they did.

Using "this one" every so often in a sentance to friends.

Every horse is called Honour and Glory.

Every time there is a winter, you know that everyone else is still green compared to you.

There's plenty more. Like looking online for someone who breeds white wolves

You roast capons and poach pears in honey wine for your in-put to the large family Christmas dinner, and everyone thinks you're nuts.

GRRM's descriptions of food always make me soo hungry!

I've been having ASOIAF dreams the past couple nights.

My physics teacher this semester is actually named Jaime. Her last name is Poole, like Jeyne Poole. That really messes with me.

GRRM's descriptions of food always make me soo hungry!

I've been having ASOIAF dreams the past couple nights.

My physics teacher this semester is actually named Jaime. Her last name is Poole, like Jeyne Poole. That really messes with me.

Oh gosh, that must be so confusing. LOL. My best friend in middle school was named Jaime. She was a short Japanese girl who very much loved Harry Potter and slash fiction, though... Not at all like Mr. Lannister.

...you see the yellow deer crossing road sign with the and think "Hey, this must be Baratheon territory".

...a buck is now a "crowned stag" and a squid is now a "kraken".

...you see a sign that says Mountain Road and you think "The Road that Rides?"

...Tyrell Road is right down the street from our house. Ironically, that road takes you to a place called Innisfree Gardens (not Highgarden).

...you want to rename your dog Sandor.

...the glowing hand on street crossing sign makes you think of you know what.

...you have italicized thoughts of things you'd like to say to someone during a conversation.

...you think that pink cloaks and armor covered with flowers are not necessarily feminine.

There are others but I can't think of them right now. My friend Bob says I have a problem. Thanks!

... when you look at the dangling shiny banners in Sainsbury's at Christmas and immediately see the reindeer as a Baratheon stag and the robin as an Arryn falcon and some unknown creature as a Stark direwolf, then try to make the snowflake turn into a Tyrell rose and wonder what on earth you're going to make substitute for a Lannister lion.

Archived