You know you've been reading too much ASoIaF when...

Ser Spidey

You treat school or work like its a mini Game of Thrones. (Yeah I do this, and I know other people who treat it the same, going around backstabbing and manipulating people to get themselves into higher positions)

The academic's version...

You refer to your school as "The Citadel."

Anytime someone completes a graduation requirement, you say that they have forged another link on their Maester's chain (extra bonus points if you have actually decided which metals represent which requirements).

You think of the department chairs as Archmaesters.

When someone asks you a question, but they already have the answer, you say "Just so."

When someone mentions being afraid, you think (or say) "Fear cuts deeper than swords."

Every time you're in a public restroom you have to resist the urge to write "Winter is coming!" on the walls.

When you wonder why the US is considering building a wall to the south when they should be building one to the north.

Hahahahhaha! Illegals are kinda like the others they breed "wights" almost as fast. And they are nearly indestructible just cant get rid of them.

I have a new and rather sad one:

When you are browsing through a toy shop, enter the Lego section and your immediate reaction is to wonder how much you'd have to spend in order to buy enough Lego to re-create the Battle of the Blackwater.

I kid you not.

When you are browsing through a toy shop, enter the Lego section and your immediate reaction is to wonder how much you'd have to spend in order to buy enough Lego to re-create the Battle of the Blackwater.

I kid you not.

That would of course depend upon how much of the battle you would be showing, the scale of everything, and how many ships you would have to build...

Ahem.

* When you ask to be cremated so as not to become a weight

* The next time you see a crow you imagine it with three eyes...

* You drink thermite thinking it will turn you into a dragon...

That's all I got for now.

~When SOMEHOW in a phone conversation with your mother you get on the topic of ASoIaF (even if all mom asked was what you were doing for dinner/this weekend) and after about half an hour you realize that the dialtone has been buzzing for the last fifteen minutes...whoops.

~When the only time you ever speak at a volume where someone can actually hear what you're saying is while you're discussing the latest in the R+L=J theory or who Mel is going to burn next (and it's always with someone who's never even read the series, so the coversations are very one sided).

~When you randomly start laughing hysterically at the things said on this thread (or the character one-liners thread) and your boyfriend/co-worker asks what's so funny but when you explain he/they looks/look at you like you're crazy.

~When someone asks to see a picture of your boyfriend, you don't know whether to show them your bookmark that just happens to be a computer printout picture of Sandor Clegane, or a picture of the guy you've been living with for two years.

~When your original copies of the series' pages are so dog eared and discolored and the spines are so creased from multiple readings that you have had to go back and buy new copies.

~When you literally have to take a "timeout" from reading because your boyfriend (that guy you've lived with for two years, not Sandor) has forgotten what you're face looks like.

~When family members and friends know almost as much about the series as you...and they've never read them.

I kid you not.

The store probably doesn't have enough stock for that.

When you make a bunch of ASoIaF characters into Magic: The Gathering cards.

Hound

http://www.anycraze.com/createacard_view.asp?id=737663

Dany

http://www.anycraze.com/createacard_view.asp?id=737666

Thoros

http://www.anycraze.com/createacard_view.asp?id=737669

FM (my favorite)

http://www.anycraze.com/createacard_view.asp?id=737670

Master of House of Black and White (I got the quote at the bottom wrong)

http://www.anycraze.com/createacard_view.asp?id=737671

You start looking for dwarfs when using rest room...

you sneak up and capture your cat, which is not amused, and somehow feel you are closer to being a faceless man...

You look at the British royal family and start to notice they all look like their Mother but not their Father...

your arms start to look like popeyes after lifting the 1200 page books for the 20th time...

• 2 weeks later...

You spend more time at work on this forum then actually working.

You finish the series only to start over the next day.

You think more about AdWD than your next paycheck.

If GRRM does not finish by June like he said you will hire a faceless man to take care of him.

Everything in life reminds you of something from Asoiaf.

Archived