ADwD in October 2008?

Guest Ser Jaime

2010 would be a great release date, sort of a nod to the late, great Arthur C. Clarke. I'm going to try and convince George.

Excellent notion. So, we can expect The Winds of Winter in 2061 and A Dream of Spring in 3001? Splendid!

U.K. publishers tend to need a shorter lead time to get a manuscript to press, and I think their editorial process may be just a wee bit more streamlined. If slots are especially tight in the U.S., the U.K. can get a book out months in advance.

GRRM's previously remarked that the hope is to be able to get both editions out at more or less the same time.

So for what reason would Amazon Uk have ADWD out before Amazon US?

Amazon doesn't publish books, they just sell them. As Ran said, UK publisher are usually faster, not sure why. Could be because they don't have to print so many copies in advance. I think AFFC came out in the UK five or six weeks before the US release.

I feel myself realy lucky. My Girl, my mom and my brother are reading the series while i buy all the books. I can read English (writing is another thing, sorry) but they don't. So they have to wait untill the Dutch version coms out (which is most times half a year later) and i juist buy the English version on day one.

Whoehahahahahahahahahaha!

(Only thing is i have to keep my mouth shut when i've read a chapter, for half a year.)

GRRM's previously remarked that the hope is to be able to get both editions out at more or less the same time.

I think that was the hope, but as with ACoK it looks like it's going to be a problem of Bantam simply not having the gap in their pre-Christmas release schedule to release it, which will push it back to next year whilst Voyager can squeeze it out before the end of this year (all depending on GRRM's finish date, of course). I recall GRRM saying in some of his later blog entries that 'one' of the editions might get out this year (presumably the UK one) and also that the UK one may again be released first this time around.

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe the words of house Stark should be changed to "June is Coming"

:rofl:

So what do we do if the books never get finished? Who will pick up the series and give us some sort of an ending that is at least close-ish in greatness to what we currently have? I mean, Mr. Martin isn't the youngest chick in the coop. I know that is certainly morbid to think of, but we've still got a long ways to go and lots of unanswered questions.

:rofl:

So what do we do if the books never get finished? Who will pick up the series and give us some sort of an ending that is at least close-ish in greatness to what we currently have? I mean, Mr. Martin isn't the youngest chick in the coop. I know that is certainly morbid to think of, but we've still got a long ways to go and lots of unanswered questions.

If GRRM doesn't finish the series it won't get finished period. And even if some one did try and finish it I wouldn't read it. there is no ASOIAF with out GRRM

This post should answer your question: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1376122

amazon uk

Order Date: 25 Feb 2008

Order #: 202-

Recipient: ogbebaba

Items not yet dispatched:

Delivery estimate: 4 Nov 2008 - 6 Nov 2008 1 of: A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice & Fire)

Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

:rofl::rolleyes::lmao:

amazon uk

Order Date: 25 Feb 2008

Order #: 202-

Recipient: ogbebaba

Items not yet dispatched:

Delivery estimate: 4 Nov 2008 - 6 Nov 2008 1 of: A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice & Fire)

Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

:rofl::rolleyes::lmao:

Damn. I want the book fast so maybe I'll buy from Amazon UK. But I like the US artwork better. I might be buying this book twice!!!!!

:read:

Archived