Go GIANTS!

Lucky Pierre

Now I know you're an ignorant wet smack, because it's not like the Pats have been dominant, or even consistently good, for fifteen years. There are more levels than "joke" and "dominant", but I can see how it may look like a binary situation to a Bengals fan. Bledsoe and Parcells at least made the Pats seem like a viable team, but they were never dominant. There were some pretty bad years between 1994 and 2001. And I wouldn't even have argued the Pats were a dominant team until 2003. It wasn't until 2003 that they looked to the rest of the league like anything else than a feel-good one-and-done story. Please look up one Carroll, Pete.

My fucking point is that it was perfectly reasonable to consider this run of recent Pats' dominance to be "for a change".

I guess I haven't gotten this whole self control down.

Ignorant how? Because I didn't include every bad season the Pat's have had? You don't have to be dominant to no longer be the butt of jokes. That's the point. You're attributing things Bormon never said to his point and it's unnecessary. The point of me saying they've been dominant is because they have. How many teams have won 3 super bowls in the past 15 years? How many teams have been to 5? They haven't been the butt of jokes for a long time, whether they had a bad season or not in between now and 1993. The butt of jokes comes when a team is consistently bad, like the Bengals, like the Patriots of old. You can be a mediocre team and avoid all the pitfalls that comes with being the worst team in the league. You're attributing a situation to the Patriots that simply wasn't truly there for the past 15 years.

Carroll might not have taken the Patriots to the Super Bowl but they weren't bad either. They went to the playoffs twice in his three years. So please, stop trying to make the Patriots out like they were the Bengals. It's annoying as hell.

Man, I didn't mean for such a little statement to cause such a pissing match.

All I said is that was humorous. I didn't expect DanteGabriel to charge in on his big black Stallion to defend you like it was a big deal.

I'd try and explain my perspective on how we got to this point in debate, but I think Mexal is afraid of my huge black stallion, and frankly doesn't understand what "dominant" means. I mean, the Bengals got to the Super Bowl twice in nine years in the 80s, before Joe Montana and Ronnie Lott left tread marks on their asses... Were they dominant then?

Bormon, my apologies for provoking a pissing match over your reasonable and not-humorous statement.

Mexal, I apologize for thinking that the Pats were not a dominant team until 2003. Does that make you feel better? Can you temper your surging hormones now?

I'd try and explain my perspective on how we got to this point in debate, but I think Mexal is afraid of my huge black stallion, and frankly doesn't understand what "dominant" means. I mean, the Bengals got to the Super Bowl twice in nine years in the 80s, before Joe Montana and Ronnie Lott left skidmarks on their asses... Were they dominant then?

You seriously crack me up. I haven't meant someone with the ability to take an argument and . Thank you for making my work day entertaining.

Obviously they weren't dominant since we only made it to the playoffs three times in 10 years and lost two super bowls. The Patriots have won 3 super bowls and have been to the playoffs 9 times since 1996.

I don't even know why you're still trying.

Mexal, I apologize for thinking that the Pats were not a dominant team until 2003. Does that make you feel better? Can you temper your surging hormones now?

You still don't understand. I could care less about that. It wasn't even what the original argument was about. It's what you made the argument about. It seems you have some repressed issues about it or something since you jumped on the opportunity to take "butt of jokes" to "not dominant til 2003."

:wideeyed:

I find it pretty funny that Mex hasn't questioned me supporting the Giants since he knows full well they are not my team... alas, it is because by beloved Broncos are not the AFC team AND for GRRM. A happy author is, well, a happy author!

So, to you Pat fans... if it came down to supporting the Patriots or getting ADWD sooner-which would it be?

:)

I find it pretty funny that Mex hasn't questioned me supporting the Giants since he knows full well they are not my team... alas, it is because by beloved Broncos are not the AFC team AND for GRRM. A happy author is, well, a happy author!

So, to you Pat fans... if it came down to supporting the Patriots or getting ADWD sooner-which would it be?

Come on LP! I would never question the support of a team against the Pats ;)

books get finished, 19-0 doesn't happen often...still rather see them win for that reason than have the book by the end of the year. and again, 9ers fan...

Yes, for a change. How long have you been a football fan? I don't know if you realized, but the Pats were kind of a joke before Bledsoe and Parcells.

Kind of?

Regardless, I want to see another "Week 17 Game" where both teams lay it all out there, play hard, its back and forth, and the Patriots win :) .

In order for the Giants to win, they not only have to play perfect football, but they also have to force the Pats into a few costly errors, and then capitalize on such errors. In other words, they have to be the 2001 Pats- Ty Law INT'ing Kurt Warner for the TD and Mike Martz forgetting he had the most potent Running Back in the latter half of the Twentieth Century on his team. So, Strahan and Uri forcing some turnovers, shutting down Moss, etc. That's what its gonna take.

I don't see that happening. I think the Pats BURY teams they have 2 weeks to prep for. Then again... they have never wona SB by more than 3 points.

Pats 31

Giants 28

As far as fans of teams go... its the Superbowl, allow is some fun as the days close on, quite possibly, the greatest football team ever.

Regardless, I want to see another "Week 17 Game" where both teams lay it all out there, play hard, its back and forth, and the Patriots win :)

I know I should be rooting for a display of great football on both sides, but I really just want the Pats to lay out a thorough ass-beating.

Mercy is for the weak! Cobra Kai! Do or die! Yaaaaaaargh!

Thought you were a Zorse guy, myself.

Help me out, folks.

Do I root for the historic 19-0, or for the team that beat the reviled Dallas Cowboys? (Beating the Cowboys is a big deal for me.)

Do I root against the obnoxious Pats fans and the division rival Patriots, or do I root against the heartache-causing Giants? (I'm a Bills fan; my earliest football memory is a random punt in some Jets game. Next is the missed field goal.)

Archived