GOODKIND XXXIV: It's spreading!

Myshkin

It's too late, I think. You posted in this thread, and hate Tairy and his writing. Thus, you are a Lemming of Discord.

And don't worry about the almost-rape. You already had the real thing done to you by the Sword of Truth. The books. I meant the books. :unsure:

Heh. Seriously, I don't hate the guy, but those books are ridiculous.

Richard ran hand along the grip of his butter knife, feeling the word TRUTH stitched there in gold wire. He fixed the bucket of "I can't believe it's not butter!" to the counter with a raptor gaze.

Eater of toast

The butter stayed smugly defiant before him, defying his righteous will to have toast smugly.

Spreader of marmelade

with razor precision the knife lashed out, again and again, one application, and then another, he wheeled around and another slice was buttered

Bringer of jam

He could feel the knowledge of a thousand butter spreaders coursing through him, this was the dance with breakfast. A whole loaf of bread could not stand before him unbuttered.

Richard enters kitchen.

Richard glares at piece of toast.

Richard spreads butter and jam on toast.

Look of satisfaction as Richard consumes toast.

Yes, this is going to translate to the screen quite well. :ack:

Richard ran hand along the grip of his butter knife, feeling the word TRUTH stitched there in gold wire. He fixed the bucket of "I can't believe it's not butter!" to the counter with a raptor gaze.

Eater of toast

The butter stayed smugly defiant before him, defying his righteous will to have toast smugly.

Spreader of marmelade

with razor precision the knife lashed out, again and again, one application, and then another, he wheeled around and another slice was buttered

Bringer of jam

He could feel the knowledge of a thousand butter spreaders coursing through him, this was the dance with breakfast. A whole loaf of bread could not stand before him unbuttered.

:rofl:

The latest!

The show is being produced by Sam Raimi, director of the “Spider-Man†films, and Robert Tapert, a producer on “Xena†and “Hercules,†the show “Xena†was spun off from.

The show has a good shot to build on the big-screen popularity of fantasy as well as draw in former “Xena†and other fantasy fans. Already yesterday bloggers were buzzing about the new show, including lesbian site AfterEllen.com.

“Since my favorite warrior took her leave, I've been not-so-patiently waiting for my next chance to see such exploits each and every week,†writes blogger nogoal4u. “Naturally, upon hearing of this series and the two men who will produce it, I began having flashbacks to happier TV times.â€

That would be good, most of the fights in SoT are about as realistic as Xena. You could have one complete show from the perspective of Betty the goat as it battles against people that do not have the proper perspective of life and dare to doubt Richard.

The fights may be equally unrealistic in the two media, but in very different ways. I mean, SoT is all about the blood and gore, right? Hercules and Xena involve lots of sharp swords and axes and whatnot, but obey very strict rules regarding the use of such weapons: namely that they pretty much aren't. Much like in Buffy, you should know better than to bring a knife to a fist-fight :)

( ETA: I would be particularly interested in watching an on-screen rendition of the fight in which Richard tears out someone's spine, and that guy continues to fight a bit. )

Since this priceless show is a Disney production, no less, I feel like they're going to lean much more towards the Xena way of doing things. But will that be too wimpy and, ironically, indicate a failure to choose life on the part of the TV producers? Discuss :)

Eater of toast

Spreader of marmelade

Bringer of jam

I like this guy; he'll fit in just fine around here.

How does one become a lemming of discord? if there is an initiation that involves almost rape, then I don't want any part of it.

Welcome, Wine-skin changer. Your parody was most excellent. You should sig part of it. :)

I actually like the idea of some kind of initiation process or rite of passage.

For God's sake, man. Let's not give people ideas, shall we? Going over the cliff is bad enough for us lemmings. ;)

Enigma,

We have a new Goodkind thread at an avergae of 1 a month. That's how much we love him to pieces. ;)

I actually like the idea of some kind of initiation process or rite of passage.

Well then, in that case, I delcare myself the official Treasurer for the Church of the Lemmings of Discord and you may send the tithes of $10,000 and a nice buttery spread recipe to me directly. :P

Wouldn't his raptor gaze simply cause the toast to butter itself?

You make a good point.

Well then, in that case, I delcare myself the official Treasurer for the Church of the Lemmings of Discord and you may send the tithes of $10,000 and a nice buttery spread recipe to me directly. :P

Hold on there a minute. All right, you can have the money, but I get the buttery spread recipes.

So they're doing Wizard's First Rule in 22 1 hour episodes? That seems a bit much, really. I could've seen it done in a 2 or 3 part mini series (probably 5-6 hours total). Are they really gonna pad this one out, or are they gonna do the first few books (so we can get to some of the much more hilarious moments of the series!).

Archived