Putting up an avatar... using a Mac...

Starkaryan

Okay, I apologize for sticking this in with all the serious ASOIAF threads, but I've been wanting to put up an avatar for-freaking-ever... I have a MacBook and I'm wondering if that's the reason it's not working... can somebody help me (preferably a Mac-user), I've been through ALL of the helps in the FAQ/Help sections and every time I try to upload one from my computer (my OWN images), it says to contact a Board Administrator... sigh...

Better chance of getting some help in the section marked 'Help'. ;)

Also, some more details would be useful: what browser are you using? What version? What type of file is your avatar and what size? etc.

Better chance of getting some help in the section marked 'Help'. ;)

Also, some more details would be useful: what browser are you using? What version? What type of file is your avatar and what size? etc.

I'm using the latest edition of Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.12. I have also gone through all of the steps of making the image size compatible with the listed restraints (100x100)...

Uploading directly to the board is disabled, either you put an url or you go without custom avatar. Using a Mac has nothing to do with it.

For reference, since it doesn't seem clear, "URL" means the address of something hosted on a website, of the form (more or less) http://thing.stuff.xxx/optional/other/~stuff/myimage.extension . The hosting website can be anything as long as the board can connect to it, University hosting, your own server, work servers... The easiest, like MM said is a free hosting one, like imageshack.us, photobucket, putfile, tinypic, imagevenue or many others, I use casimage myself. Just upload there and then paste the url they give you into the avatar url field of the board.

Apologies if you knew that already.

• 1 month later...
Okay, I apologize for sticking this in with all the serious ASOIAF threads, but I've been wanting to put up an avatar for-freaking-ever... I have a MacBook and I'm wondering if that's the reason it's not working... can somebody help me (preferably a Mac-user), I've been through ALL of the helps in the FAQ/Help sections and every time I try to upload one from my computer (my OWN images), it says to contact a Board Administrator... sigh...

I use a Macbook and I'm having a problem too. I paste in my imageshack link and hit the update button and it says no avatar was selected.

I use a MacBook Pro and Firefox and have no problems. I go to an image hosting site (either imageshack or photobucket), re-size the image, and then paste the direct link into my controls. I haven't had a problem yet...

Archived