A Dance with Dragons cover art

Jussi

Here's an idea: the sword might not be a generic sword. What if it's actually Blackfyre ;)

Or Dark Sister, I suppose, but I think the Sister is supposed to be thinner, almost a rapier.

Wert, is the typo in Voyager's write-up a sign that their edition tends to have more errors in it? I hate it when books are heavily polluted with typos; pulls me out of the story so often that I sometimes just give up. The cover is sweet, though. :)

The last of the Targaryons, Daenerys Stormborn, the Unburnt, has brought the young dragons in her care to their terrifying maturity. Now the war-torn landscape of the Seven Kingdoms is threatened by destruction as vast as in the violent past.

Tyrion Lannister, a dwarf with half a nose and a scar from eye to chin, has slain his father and escaped the Red Keep in King’s Landing to wage war from the Free Cities beyond the narrow sea.

The last war fought with dragons was a cataclysm powerful enough to shatter the Valyrian peninsula into a smoking, demon-haunted ruin half drowned by the sea.

A Dance with Dragons brings to life dark magic, complex political intrigue and horrific bloodshed as events at the Wall and beyond the sea threaten the ancient land of Westeros

Yep. I'd read this book now. Wouldn't be against that at all.

Bring back the covers of old. These new ones just don't cut it IMO.

Blackfyre

I agree. I'm too old to have these new fangled cool covers thrust onto me. I also hate having a set of books that don't match; it upsets my inner librarian. It also means when this blasted series is finally complete, no doubt I will have to buy a complete new set just so they line up beautifully on my shelves.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived