News from the insane world of Terry Goodkind

Werthead

Maybe it's just me, but this whole Badkind forum reminds me one of those Dubya campaign stops last US election, where he's surrounded by nothing but carefully screened audiences asking carefully screeened questions. "Mr. Goodkind, I don't have any questions but I have two thank yous. Thank you for being the bestest author in the whole world, and thank you for keeping us safe from all those evildoers who don't think you're the bestest author in the whole world."

:cool:

No 'frivolous' threads? What kind of **** board is that?

Yeah, like that doesn't elemenate conversation for 90% of the population of this planet.

This thread is wonderful and I hate Terry G. I fear for his state of mind what with all the torture and head chopping.

and the lamest line in the history of Fantasy

"Mistress command me!!"

Oh classic!

http://www.christianfantasy.net/terrygoodkind.html

Goodkind is an offence unto God! Officially!

Actually an interesting website which reviews books solely on their sex/gore content and their suitability for a Christian audience. A slightly odd way of reviewing books, but some of their stuff is amusing (on WoT: "This series will be concluded shortly after the author's death.") No Martin reviews though. Guess the reviewer fainted at the first incest/child defenestration scene.

No I think the reason was the website hasn't been updated in almost three years.

I just have one question. When the SoT is done (only two books away!:D), will TG find a way to put Ayn Rand's crap all over another fantasy series!?! Or will he finally die a slow death???

Patrick

Another fantasy series? As I'm sure you know, Goodkind doesn't write fantasy, only mindless, derivative, objectivist literary fiction which happens to have everything in it that the Wheel of Time does. But doubt only the most discerning reader will be able to tell the difference between another Goodkind series and SoT. It'll be exactly the same plot, ideas and poor writing, but there'll be a few different names.

Maybe he'll write a new series called Truth of Swords! :P But it won't be a re-working of past works...NO...it'll be the tale of Lankah, a girl of the woods who meets the young, good looking, but on the run and hiding, Father Confessor Arnd...

On an interesting aside, one of the guys from Malazanempire got wind of the forum debate and decided to try and engage the Goodkindites in rationale discourse (based on the fact he quite liked the first couple of Goodkind books). The response was sadly predictable...

Freedom of speech does not apply here. It's a privately owned board. The owner makes the rules about what speech is tolerated. Individuals that choose not to follow them don't last long.

All opinions are valid, as long as they don't conflict with reality. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

All fairly tedious I'm afraid.

http://www.malazanempire.com/forums/showth...hp?t=693&page=9

is where this debate began but Morgoth soon moved it into more interesting arenas...

Archived