WoW - more cotninuation

TerraPrime

I have friend that always plays as female toons, and uses the standard ass argument. But something went wrong, and he got a voice changer so he could sound like a chick on ventrilo. It was super creepy.

I always play dudes myself, mostly because I don't want to field the odd/infrequent bad teenage come-on, or sleazy pass, and I don't really stare at my toon's ass the whole time anyway, so I have no problems. I gues polygons don't do the trick or something.

During my formative years playing SWG, two of my guild-mates got married in game, turns out they were both dudes, one pretending to be female, and it caused quite the stir. I have been a strict play as you are player ever since.

So I gotta know, how many of you guys play toons of a sex other than your actual sex?

[quote name='Wine-skin changer' post='1282037' date='Mar 20 2008, 13.49']So I gotta know, how many of you guys play toons of a sex other than your actual sex?[/quote]

6 toons - 2 males, 4 females.

I've only had 2 instances of someone trying to hit on me when I played a female toon. Both were pretty mild and they sort of figured it was a dude playing anyway (didn't stop them from tentatively asking, of course). In one case, the guy was a bit of a prick, so I responded to "Are you a chick for real?" with "No, I'm a guy, but I still suck cocks." That silenced him. :)

[quote name='TerraPrime' post='1282075' date='Mar 20 2008, 12.56']6 toons - 2 males, 4 females.

I've only had 2 instances of someone trying to hit on me when I played a female toon. Both were pretty mild and they sort of figured it was a dude playing anyway (didn't stop them from tentatively asking, of course). In one case, the guy was a bit of a prick, so I responded to "[b]Are you a chick for real?" with "No, I'm a guy, but I still suck cocks."[/b] That silenced him. :)[/quote]

:rofl:

I'm female and all of my toons are female, even the bank.

But I have a guy friend who rolled a female on a new server, because he said people are nicer and give more stuff to women. I dont think I believe that though.

I have a mix myself. 4 female, 3 male, one open slot on Venture Co. My only 70 is female, mostly because I think its neat to have a chick throwing around icebolts. Plus, my old boss (female) had the nickname "Ice Princess"...umm which I started and it grew ...muhahahaha!! So, I modled my WoW toon after her. One cold bitch who loves to mix it up.

Hasta!
Stark Out!

But how do they see the ass? i hardly see anyone with their cape turnd off. Only at low level, when u either dun have a cap or get thsoe shitty short capes, do u actually get to see the ass. As soon as u hit 30+ ur cape usually covers the backside from neck to foot. So i dont see how the "ass" argument works. Unless they actively turn off cape, just to see the ass.....which is beyond creepy.

Nothing wrong with choosing a toon easy on the eyes.

Of my eight toons I have six male and two female: a belf pally and a low-level draenei shaman.

My pally is prot, and I rather like the visual "effect" of a frail-looking thing like her tanking, which is one of the reasons I rolled the pally female. The shammy is female in mockery of a player who threatened to hunt down a guildmate of mine in real life after he got the payback he deserved for camping us numerous times with his 70 shammy back while we were still leveling--she bears a feminized version of his toon's name. Admittedly, the "ass factor" did figure into both toons to some extent, the pally moreso.

I would say that my female pally tends to be treated better than my male toons. People unaware she's an alt of mine are generally more courteous. Alliance scum are less annoying towards her in the wild and seem to be more gracious (or more humbled) losers when they get beaten in pvp. I see a lot less begging from strangers for gold and runthroughs on her than on my male toons. (Albeit, these are just my perceptions--I play her somewhat less frequently than my two male "mains" and time of day will have some effect also).

I have been hit on playing the pally; once was by a creepy old loon who wanted to cyber wow-style with his orc in some secluded corner of Orgrimmar. Usually though it's awkward teenage boys getting way more open about their personal lives than I could care for before I drop a "bro" in the conversation. :stunned:

[quote name='Wine-skin changer' post='1282037' date='Mar 20 2008, 15.49']I have friend that always plays as female toons, and uses the standard ass argument. But something went wrong, and he got a voice changer so he could sound like a chick on ventrilo. It was super creepy.

I always play dudes myself, mostly because I don't want to field the odd/infrequent bad teenage come-on, or sleazy pass, and I don't really stare at my toon's ass the whole time anyway, so I have no problems. I gues polygons don't do the trick or something.

During my formative years playing SWG, two of my guild-mates got married in game, turns out they were both dudes, one pretending to be female, and it caused quite the stir. I have been a strict play as you are player ever since.

So I gotta know, how many of you guys play toons of a sex other than your actual sex?[/quote]

I always play female toons no matter the game. In Mortal Kombat I was Sonja. In Soul Calibur I played Seung Mina, then in SC2 I played Xianghua (we share the same birthday, so I had to). In Street Fighter I always played Chun Li. My elementalist in Guild Wars is female. My mage, my druid, my priest, my warlock, all females of different races.

I don't feel like I get hit on a whole lot, but that's probably because I don't act like a girl in game. I don't go on vent unless it's with my friends; I don't ask for stuff; I don't run around wearing skimpy clothing or dancing for money; I don't use leetspeek, webspeak, or any other jargon unless I'm with friends; I spell correctly, construct sentences correctly for the most part, and even occasionally I capitalize and punctuate; I cuss. A lot. In other words I act like one of the normal non-crazy girl gamers.

I haven't received gifts from random people just because I'm a girl. My friends give me things, but I give in return. For example, I have a friend who I always PvP with. Just this last weekend I dumped 600g and about 300g worth of gems into the guild bank for him. So all in all I think I get treated pretty neutrally. Most people assume I'm a guy until I talk on vent. In the more immature guilds I've raided with, I've gotten hit on. Getting hit on in Vent is an automatic no for me, and guarantees that I will not raid with that guild ever again.

The first time I ever wore black mageweave leggings I ran around for two weeks staring at my girl's shapely ass and wishing my ass looked as perky and cute as hers. Well, let me preface that with saying that for humans, the darker the skin is, the better the body looks. The lighter it is, the more it looks like a giant sausage with legs. My girl is almond colored and her ass looks fantastic. I had a guildmate whose character was basically Irish, pale skin, red hair, green eyes, etc., and her ass just looked lumpy and shapeless with black mageweave on. Verdict: black girl's back looks 200% better than white girl's back. In MMORPGs I like to play darker skinned toons anyway. You almost never see dark skinned adventurers in these games. Hell you almost never see black people in fantasy series, period (a couple of Martin's characters and a very important character in Melanie Rawn's Ambrai series come to mind).

Anyway, the point is after the initial novelty wore off I put my cape back on and unless it clashes, it stays on. And I continue to roll female characters.

Edit: As PvP goes, I get ganked about as frequently as everyone else (once I logged into Southshore while wearing my PvE gear and within 10 minutes got ganked by a hunter, woo). A good deal of the time I either get laughed at or spat on if I die in world PvP, or spammed with something. And since my class is a mage I get asked for runthroughs a LOT regardless.

I play a green skinned person, and let me tell you, it ain't easy.

I cleared Kara again last night, and our first 25 man, Gruul's, is tommorrow. When we down him (It's a when, not an if), we will have gone from having a discussion on rerolling to downing a 25 man boss in two months. :D

Things are going very, very well. Making new friends, having a lot of fun, killing shit.

[quote name='Stego' post='1283038' date='Mar 21 2008, 08.18']I play a green skinned person, and let me tell you, it ain't easy.

I cleared Kara again last night, and our first 25 man, Gruul's, is tommorrow. When we down him (It's a when, not an if), we will have gone from having a discussion on rerolling to downing a 25 man boss in two months. :D

Things are going very, very well. Making new friends, having a lot of fun, killing shit.[/quote]

My other girls are blue, furry, and tiny, respectively. Life is hard for a female Tauren!

[quote name='the winged shadow' post='1282976' date='Mar 21 2008, 04.34']But how do they see the ass? i hardly see anyone with their cape turnd off. Only at low level, when u either dun have a cap or get thsoe shitty short capes, do u actually get to see the ass. As soon as u hit 30+ ur cape usually covers the backside from neck to foot. So i dont see how the "ass" argument works. Unless they actively turn off cape, just to see the ass.....which is beyond creepy.[/quote]

I turn off the cape, because I hate the clipping effects I get while mounted.

I get cape clipping effects on my gnome warlock, Lechuckles, just by strafing, but I've kept it on so far. I am somewhat tempted to drop it. He's my main (at 49 now!). My primary alt/horde main is a 28 Tauren druid, Bigscarybear.

I've got one character of every class at least to level 10, and all of them are male except my Dranei shaman. The only reason I went female with her was because I already have a friend with a male Dranei shaman, and I wanted to hear the female jokes/taunts. Plus I don't much care for how the male Dranei look, something about their frame looks bizarrely douchebaggish to me.

Anyway, I don't play her much anymore except as a free prospector since it's not level dependent and Lechuckles is a mining fiend for engineering (305 skill, it's sexy) anyway (which also uses gems, too).

The guild I'm in have being having a "discussion" recently due to a decision by 3/5ths of the guild officers that have annoyed alot of the members out of general principle.

Basically the majority of the officers have decided that when we raid were going to have no choice at all but to keep throwing ourselves at Kael, everything we do must be aimed at him, while all of us don't mind trying to kill kael (I have to emphaise try because alot of the healers and ranged dps have being proven to be massive slackers by the fight) whats irked a fair few of us is the fact when we asked that someday soon could we have a pop at Vashj we got told its the officers way or the highway and that any questioning of this will be met by the officers not listening to what you are saying but instead trying to co-erse you with verbal harrasment.

Its an arguement thats kind of died down due to people just not wanting to stick their neck out on something that they know they aren't going to be listened to about anyway.

guilds are teh suck. i dont even bother reading my gchat anymore. i just show up for the raids i sign up for and leave when we're done. too many angry young men playing wow.

Archived