I will be so PISSED!

micswitch

I think Im most emotionally attached to Hodor and Tyrion. Hodors death would just suck because the dude is just great for tension relief and he is just the loveable idiot. Im going to have "Hodor?" engraved on my tombstone. Tyrion because he brings a certain intelligence and cunning that many of the other characters lack-yes even Ramsay Bolton and Tywin are dismal in Tyrions shining brilliance.

[quote name='micswitch' post='1318620' date='Apr 18 2008, 12.58']I think Im most emotionally attached to Hodor and Tyrion. Hodors death would just suck because the dude is just great for tension relief and he is just the loveable idiot. Im going to have "Hodor?" engraved on my tombstone. Tyrion because he brings a certain intelligence and cunning that many of the other characters lack-yes even Ramsay Bolton and Tywin are dismal in Tyrions shining brilliance.[/quote]

agreed on Tyrion - doubt GRRM will kill him off just yet, as he must be a joy to write.

i would be pissed if any more of the "living" starks (i.e. not Catelyn) and/or their direwolves get killed off. lord knows they've been hard done by so far.

Tyrion for me too. I have a hard time picking a favorite character, but Tyrion is way up there. His chapters are a joy to read. They have intrigue, action, comedy, and I sympathize with the character. Poor old Tyrion constantly gets handed the short end of the stick yet remains one tough nut to crack. I think I could read a book just about Tyrion.

Dolorous Edd would be another one that I'd be unhappy to see get killed off, but I imagine he's pretty safe. I could see him being the last man in Westeros if it came to that.

[quote name='S. John' post='1318694' date='Apr 17 2008, 23.41']Tyrion for me too. I have a hard time picking a favorite character, but Tyrion is way up there. His chapters are a joy to read. They have intrigue, action, comedy, and I sympathize with the character. Poor old Tyrion constantly gets handed the short end of the stick yet remains one tough nut to crack. I think I could read a book just about Tyrion.

Dolorous Edd would be another one that I'd be unhappy to see get killed off, but I imagine he's pretty safe. I could see him being the last man in Westeros if it came to that.[/quote]

Awww I hope Dolorous doesnt die! I love his sense of humor...or lack thereof. When I read his parts I always imagine him sounding like Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh.

I would like to see the Hound live just because he is one of the characters that I misjudged and truly hated in the beginning but Ive grown fond of. I always love it when an author can make the unloveable- loveable or at least bearable.

I don't like it when badasses such as Tywin die because the story becomes more boring for me in general...other than that there aren't many deaths I can think of that would really piss me off...I'm waiting for the day when GRRM makes good on his "no character is safe" (or did I just make that up?) promise and kills Jon/Dany/Tyrion.

If GRRM does with Tyrion what I think he will, we are going to be a lot more angry than if he were just killed.

I assume that Tyrion will [i]become[/i] the twisted little monkey demon that everybody already takes him for. Dany will reject him, and Tyrion will become what his father was: a Machievellan monster without any morals. He will become one of the main antagonists, we will [i]hate[/i] Tyrion, and we will hate GRRM for it. If the author manages to pull that project off it'll be his greatest achievement: an evil overlord [i]we understand[/i]. GRRM will succeed where Lucas failed, because his Tyrion will be a believable monster, which Anakin Skywalker never was.

Ent Heureux, I hope you're extremely wrong, but can see how you might turn out to be extremely right, about Tyrion.
Before I read ASoS, my brother mentioned in passing that Tyrion wasn't in AFfC, which he was reading at the time, so I was on tenterhooks the entire time I read it, praying that Tyrion wasn't about to snuff it. When the Red Viper got crushed by the Mountain I was sure that was it. The thing is though, since I was half preparing myself for him to die throughout ASoS, I'm not sure that I'd be pissed if Tyrion died now. I'm not sure that any single [i]death[/i] would piss me off at all. Sadden me? Absolutely. But I'm more likely to actually get pissed off over stuff pertaining to the living. For example, if Arya turns out to be permanetly blind, or if Euron succeeds in taking control of the dragons, or if Littlefinger ever has sex with Sansa (just thinking about that possibility makes me want to spew). However, I do sincerely hope that Sansa, Arya, Jaime, Tyrion and Dany all make it out alive.
I'm not terribly optimistic, though.

[quote name='Ent Heureux' post='1318828' date='Apr 18 2008, 05.08']If GRRM does with Tyrion what I think he will, we are going to be a lot more angry than if he were just killed.

I assume that Tyrion will [i]become[/i] the twisted little monkey demon that everybody already takes him for. Dany will reject him, and Tyrion will become what his father was: a Machievellan monster without any morals. He will become one of the main antagonists, we will [i]hate[/i] Tyrion, and we will hate GRRM for it. If the author manages to pull that project off it'll be his greatest achievement: an evil overlord [i]we understand[/i]. GRRM will succeed where Lucas failed, because his Tyrion will be a believable monster, which Anakin Skywalker never was.[/quote]

I love this theory, and I really hope it comes to pass, we have had "bad guys" become more of less "good guys" but not really the other way around.

I would be pissed if Aray died, he already faked her death twice, I don't need to see her die again.

[quote name='the winged shadow' post='1318952' date='Apr 18 2008, 13.22']I hope Darkstar doesnt die. If he dies we won't get anymore "cool" lines and the board won't have anything to talk about and die down and..yeah.[/quote]

I think youre a little confused you meant "camp" lines i'm sure

[quote name='the winged shadow' post='1318952' date='Apr 18 2008, 06.22']I hope Darkstar doesnt die. If he dies we won't get anymore "cool" lines and the board won't have anything to talk about and die down and..yeah.[/quote]

Do you guys really truly like this character? He seems like a bully & a punk to me. What am I missing?

[quote name='Hodorous' post='1319102' date='Apr 18 2008, 16.32']Do you guys really truly like this character? He seems like a bully & a punk to me. What am I missing?[/quote]
You're missing the Darkstar hate thread :P
[url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=637&hl="]http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=637&hl=[/url]

[quote name='Ent Heureux' post='1318828' date='Apr 18 2008, 04.08']I assume that Tyrion will [i]become[/i] the twisted little monkey demon that everybody already takes him for.[/quote]
Yes, I kind of thought this was quite clearly the arc.

[quote name='SkyPirate' post='1319141' date='Apr 18 2008, 10.01']You're missing the Darkstar hate thread :P
[url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=637&hl="]http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=637&hl=[/url][/quote]

Heh, thanks for that. I especially like the HotPie example: "I am DarkPie....and I am of the Night." That's gold, Jerry. Gold.

Namorath, I completely agree on Davos. I'll definitely be pissed if GRRM kills-off Davos in the manner the Cersei chapters suggest.

As for POV characters, definitely Tyrion. I recognize that Jaime doesn't exactly have a bright future, and his death will come as no surprise, but damned if I won't miss reading his POV chapters as well.

As for non-POV characters, well, on second thought I guess I really don't care who dies. The Hound, maybe?

Archived