Cricket 3

IheartTesla

To highlight my ridiculous WA parochialism, I might point out that for much of the 90's Australia had one of the best all-rounders in the world and he never really got a reasonable chance at test level - Tom Moody.

[quote name='Ser Stubby' post='1555861' date='Oct 15 2008, 08.46']To highlight my ridiculous WA parochialism, I might point out that for much of the 90's Australia had one of the best all-rounders in the world and he never really got a reasonable chance at test level - Tom Moody.[/quote]

I'm with you there. Tom Moody was an excellent all-round cricketer at first-class level and there is a good chance he might have had some success in the test match arena.

On the subject of all-rounders, I found this quote from Cricinfo very interesting:

[quote]The Ian Botham v Andrew Flintoff debate which has vexed England supporters might be settled by seeing Flintoff take on the best bowlers from Botham's era. Botham averaged only 21 against West Indies, 12 below his career average. They bounced him relentlessly and he took them on relentlessly. One of the modern batsman's friends is clearly the limit on bouncers.[/quote]

The Botham vs. Flintoff debate? I didn't realise there was one. As far as I'm concerned, Beefy is superior to Freddie in all departments - batting, bowling and slips-catching.

And, as the last Ashes series proved, they are both equally poor captains.

Archived