Dune: The Original Novel

Larry.

[quote name='Black Wizard' post='1328155' date='Apr 24 2008, 12.19'][b]Omnius was able to calculate where the no-ship [i]Ithaca[/i] was [/b][/quote]

I don't think this is quite the same.

One of Frank's ideas was that if someone acquired enough memories, the understanding they would achieve would be greater than the sum of the accumulated knowledge. This is what the Bene Gesserit did, and what the Master Face Dancers were eventually able to do. In a sense, it [i]sort of[/i] makes you prescient, but not in an absolute sense.

Paul and Leto II both had this ability, as well as being prescient, which is essentially what made them so dangerous.

Perhaps the simple existence of the ability to be unseen by prescience is enough to ensure the Golden Path. Before Siona, no one could hide from the mind of Leto II. It was simply impossible, and he was able to dominate the entire human race because of that. After Siona, through evolution, the human race would never again be one monolithic entity that could be manipulated by one oracle. So maybe that even if another oracle ever arises, and is able to see Siona's descendents, there will already be another group that they won't be able to see. Almost as if Leto II opened a Pandora's Box that can never really be closed.

Archived