Big Bang Theory

Bormon

[quote name='SirRots' post='1328126' date='Apr 24 2008, 11.00']Code Milky Green CODE MILKY GREEEEEEEEN[/quote]

:lmao:

Leonard: Alright, get some rest and drink plenty of fluids.
Sheldon: What else would I drink? Solids? Gases? Ionized plasma?

:lmao: :lmao:

I laugh louder for this show way more than any other comedy on TV right now.

When Sheldon screws over their WoW group, then posts the phat lewt on ebay, then other Jewish guy immediately buys it, I laughed for the rest of the night.

Big Bang Theory > HIMYM > Two and Half Men

[topic="0"]I AM THE SWORD MASTER![/topic]

reporting back in. after watching the only thirteen eps i could find, i can most definitely say that i'm going to be keeping up with it from here on out. i expected to be intimidated at how "smart" these guys are but all of that is just window dressing. you aren't supposed to know what the hell these guys are talking about sometimes...that's part of the charm.

and, dear god, penny.

:drool:

and now that she isn't playing teh teenager, i don't have to feel like a pedophile.

win win.

You know as much as I have building up the show, last nights show was only so-so. The scene where Leonard goes "back in time" was really funny. But other than that, not so much.

Last night, Leonard didn't just come off as dorky, but gay as well. Not sure if that was what he was shooting for.

[quote name='dornish prince' post='1330607' date='Apr 26 2008, 13.57']and, dear god, penny.

:drool:

and now that she isn't playing teh teenager, i don't have to feel like a pedophile.[/quote]

:drool: :drool:

I FULLY agree :thumbsup:

Leonard is my least favorite of the four for reasons highlighted in last night's show—he's not comfortable with himself. He's always been vaguely whiny, and last night he really showed it off.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok, this is officially my new favorite show

SPOILER: Have you ever heard of Schrodinger's cat?

I think the fact that the show didn't drag out the whole, Penny / Leonard thing was great. (unlike Ross and Rachel) It shows me even more that the show isn't about Penny's relationship with the uber geeks, but the uber geeks all by themselves. We all know that the relationship is going to die at some point, but as long as we have more moments of Sheldon trying to choose the perfect seat at Penny's this show will continue to be hilarious.

[quote name='Black Wizard' post='1362068' date='May 20 2008, 08.48']The Big-Bang theory is fantastic. My favourite part is when Penny's hosting a fancy-dress party and Sheldon goes dressed as the Doppler Effect. :lol: My Physics teacher is much like them.[/quote]

That was great, I know people like this. I love that they have let the geeks stay geeks and not turn them into normal guys or studs or something like that.

• 3 months later...
[quote name='Bormon' post='1524802' date='Sep 19 2008, 15.12']So this show returns Monday. Any theory's on where the whole Penny / Leonard thing will go?[/quote]
Poorly. There is no funny in nerds getting the girl.

I didn't pick up on this show until over the summer, and I'm not sure how I missed it, aside from football conflicting with it.

[quote name='Ser Paladin' post='1524842' date='Sep 19 2008, 15.33']Poorly. There is no funny in nerds getting the girl.

I didn't pick up on this show until over the summer, and I'm not sure how I missed it, aside from football conflicting with it.[/quote]

I am worried about this too. They broke form the norm, and went right to the geek getting the girl almost right away. I am hoping that they do some different things with it.

I got into the show late as well. I watched the first episode when it first aired, and was not impressed. I gave up on it then and there. Over the summer, though, there was nothing good on and I caught a few of the later episodes and they were much better. I think I then ended up watching every episode in one day. Pretty good show, but not as good as HIMYM.

[quote name='Ser Paladin' post='1524842' date='Sep 19 2008, 13.33']Poorly. There is no funny in nerds getting the girl.

I didn't pick up on this show until over the summer, and I'm not sure how I missed it, aside from football conflicting with it.[/quote]

I agree that it won't go well, but the two of them all in love wouldn't be very funny.

So what if he gets to keep the girl? It's a break from the norm to even have the situation exist as it does for the show.

I didn't like it when it started. I let it go after a couple episodes. I've given a bit of another chance this summer and I'm programming the DVR for the beginning of this season. We'll see how it goes.

HIMYM is still better though. :P

I really enjoy this, although I've only seen a few intermittent episodes. Sheldon absolutely steals the show, but the ensemble is good too. I have practically zero physics education but I don't think I'm missing any of the jokes so far. (thanks NYTimes science section)

I'm going to see if Netflix has anything available so I can watch the episodes in order and follow the arc.

HIMYM is good too. Monday night on CBS is about as good as Thursday night on NBC (The Office and 30 Rock). I think those four sitcoms are the sum total of my non-soccer TV viewing. Apart from that, if I turn on the TV I just go straight to History International or NGC.

Best qote is obviously when Sheldon and Leonard are trying to avoid Penny singing (when Sheldon comes up with his un-unravelable lie) and Wolowitz and Koothrappali show up. :P

[b]Sheldon:[/b] [i]Well, Penny is on her way to perform in a one-night showcase production of rent, which we are unable to attend, because we're going to a symposium on molecular positronium given by Dr. Emil Farmanfarmian.[/i]
[b]Howard:[/b] [i]Wait a minute-- farmanfarmian is speaking and you're bogarting the symposium?[/i]
[b]Leonard:[/b] [i]Howard, I'm sorry.[/i]
[b]Howard:[/b] [i]No, no, you're quark-blocking us.[/i]
[b]Leonard:[/b] [i]I don't know what to say. Howard, listen.[/i]
[b]Howard:[/b] [i]No, it's okay. It's your Millennium Falcon. You and Chewbacca do whatever you want to do. Me and princess Leia here will find some other way to spend the evening. [/i]

I love this show and am so excited for Monday! More ways to procrastinate my homework again now that the fall season is starting up!

I accidentally read the sentence-blurb on the CBS site about the first episode, so I know kind of what to expect from the Leonard/Penny date. I really don't like reading those beforehand, but oh well! The best part of the show is the quotes anyway. :D

Thought it was a pretty solid start to the 2nd season! Of course, I love Sheldon and he had a nice starring role in this one, so no surprises that I loved it!

Best quote:
[i]
Leonard: Tell me the secret!
Sheldon: Mom smokes in the car! Jesus is okay with it, but we can't tell Dad.
Leonard: Not that secret, the other secret!
Sheldon: [gravelly voice] I'm Batman! SHHH![/i]

Archived