The Happy Ending

Starker

The happiest ending I can probably think of is one in which Dany invades and wins over Westeros...and falls in love with Jon and they marry...

Realistically, the end of the series is going to be something grim, with a little cliffhanger for possible sequels...

[quote name='Marwyn' post='1368108' date='May 24 2008, 01.33']Seeing as ''A time for Wolves'' was one of the projected titles for book 7, you could take that to mean that the Starks will play a major role in the book ^^[/quote]

Or that the wolves are just eating the carcass of Westeros and picking through its bones! Sorry, couldn't resist :smoking:

I hope that the Starks are restored to Winterfell and A Dream of Spring shows them returning to power. Please Martin, please.

Littlefinger won't sit the throne. No matter how ambitious he is, nobody [i]ever[/i] becomes king without (a) inheriting the crown, (b) marrying the queen, or © winning a stupendous military victory. Littlefinger has no blood ties to the crown, no queen would stoop to marry someone of such low birth, and he's not a warrior. That isn't to say that he won't become the king/queen's right-hand man.

But I think the Curse of Harrenhal will get him first.

• 3 years later...

I am not at all anti-Stark, and I think some of them will be alive at the end of the last books, and coming back to Winterfell, but I think one of them or more will die .

I like a lot Arya (thought I don't find her really interesting in ADWD) but she leads a dangerous life, far away from any members of her family, so I'm not sure she will have a happy ending

But if I'm wrong, I would like to see her met Jon again

Since GRRM made some reference to the Lord of The Rings ending as a good bittersweet ending, I would bet that "The wolves will return" indeed, but not long, as they, like elves, should be doomed to fade out and leave their land to lesser bloodlines, after their final showdown in this land.

I agree with this.

I believe the Stark words of "Winter Is Coming" are a direct reference to the Long Night, and the words contradict the idea of the never-ending Summer that so many people believe will shape the ending of the series.

I personally believe that the forthcoming battle with the Others will be the final Winter, and the Starks will be instrumental in saving man resulting in the Summer that never ends. Their House will die out along the way making the ending 'bittersweet'.

Urrrmm...

I'm sure they'll die in the end but I would like to see Arya and Jon meet again before their time comes. I don't care if we end up with a Frey sitting the Iron Throne or every Stark dying horribly in utter failure, if he'll just give me one page, one conversation! of Arya and Jon together again.

More realistically, my happy ending would involve an epic Knight fight a la Tower of Joy. I want to see characters I know and love going at it with other characters I know and love.

Arya might be reunited with Nymeria who will somehow lead her to Ghost and in turn that would mean Jon, therefore we'd get a nice reunion, the same could be true for Shaggydog/Rickon and Summer/Bran and then all the Starks would be back together (Sansa having since been raped & killed as she has no direwolf).

(Sansa having since been raped & killed as she has no direwolf).

:ack: Ugh!

However it could actually mean the opposite. So far Jojen has been useless at interpreting his dreams. I think the Wolves will meet again, but it could actually mean the Wolves as in Shaggy Dog, Nymeria, Ghost and Summer, who all contain the Starks in their second life as they are all dead and only live on in their Wolves.

Sansa not having a Wolf therefore maybe the one to survive.

I haven't read Dreamsongs, but the thread on here did make it seem like GRRM kills off almost all his main characters. I really think this would suck though if it happens in ASOIAF.

Archived