World of Warcrack

Grim Shady

The Seventh God says: "I saw Pallies tank VR with Warriors as the OT and they didn't seem to have trouble with each other or the dps."

Stego says: "Hey god-emperor, VR is tanked by multiple tanks fighting for aggro."

Reading comprehension ftw? By OTs I'm referring to the warriors that were trading with the pally. But I guess you'll argue terminology now as a last resort of a failing argument? I thought the "half-assed dps" was stretching it, but wowie wow wow!

Check this out...

Two farms nearby. One has a regular herd of cows with one bull as usual, babies every year. This spring the one with the cows split his herd and put half in the other farm's field because the grass was getting high. Living lawn mowers!!!

So I went over to one of the cows, not the bull mind you, but one of the cows and I says..."Mooo?" And the cow goes, "Moo moomoo mooooo moo moo!" So using state-of-the-art technology we transported the cow into the World of Warcraft and rounded up 24 strangers and paid them $2.75 each to go fight VR. The Cow solo tanked it. It was kinda bumpy but one of the rogues was a fantastic healer. Really pulled us through.

[quote name='Grim Shady' post='1378366' date='May 31 2008, 13.19']Check this out...

Two farms nearby. One has a regular herd of cows with one bull as usual, babies every year. This spring the one with the cows split his herd and put half in the other farm's field because the grass was getting high. Living lawn mowers!!!

So I went over to one of the cows, not the bull mind you, but one of the cows and I says..."Mooo?" And the cow goes, "Moo moomoo mooooo moo moo!" So using state-of-the-art technology we transported the cow into the World of Warcraft and rounded up 24 strangers and paid them $2.75 each to go fight VR. The Cow solo tanked it. It was kinda bumpy but one of the rogues was a fantastic healer. Really pulled us through.[/quote]

This is one of the most bizarre stories on the board that I have ever read.

[quote name='Lord of Oop North' post='1378378' date='May 31 2008, 11.32']This is one of the most bizarre stories on the board that I have ever read.[/quote]
I was just thinking the same thing.

I have to post this part right now.

Nightbane was a comedy of errors.

Idiot rogue shadowstepped outside again. He got autoported back to us. So he did it again!

He got stuck outside for half the fight. Then we mind visioned him for a while as I ran out to summon him. Turns out the instance and world versions of the terrain totally don't match.

Edit: Did I mention he's top dps? By quite a bit?

[quote name='PhelanArcetus' post='1378537' date='May 31 2008, 12.56']I have to post this part right now.

Nightbane was a comedy of errors.[/quote]
It was quite the adventure! he could even mount from his stuck position.

[quote name='Relic' post='1378544' date='May 31 2008, 17.02']grim after your last wow blowup i thought you werent gonna be posting bout it here :P[/quote]

What blowup? Sounds like someone's been telling tall tales. I've heard quite a few myself.

OMFG! Someone hacked my account and took my human mage, stripped her nekkid, and solo'd VR. They left a message in one of my other character's mailboxes that said simply, "Papazao."

So like Kirk to Khan in ST2 I said, "FEDERLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!!!" It echoed through time and space for a while. You may have heard it.

Let's see if Quarterflash has an update on the situation: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du9iX7Zzgs8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du9iX7Zzgs8[/url]

mmm sax

P. S. I'll see you folks when WOTLK hits shelves or the next time there's a death in my family, whichever comes first. Thanks for the distraction alpha males! You the dawg now!

P. P. S. OK I love you bye bye.

P. P. S. tacos tacos tacos tacos tacos tacos tacos tacos tacos BURRITO

:lol: WTH?

Phel, if a shadowstep rogue is your best DPS, what are your other guys doing? :(

We've started smacking people in the head with WWS, forcing them to work on getting hit capped etc. A couple of players have basically dragged themselves up by the hair, putting out 200-250 more DPS now. We also got a new prot warrior and a trio of paladins in the guild (one holy, one ret, one prot) and they are all pretty decently geared and now what they're doing. And the ret paladin is female!

Joskii won overall e-peening by having a pally healer with concentration aura on Illhoof and got an estimated 2000 DPS :P It made us laugh.

Yesterday we went to Lurker. Everyone in our guild was on time, buffed and ready. Everyone in the other guild in our allaince was not. We're on a recruiting drive and tbh, I think we need reserve lists. If people aren't in the instance the MINUTE the raid starts, they are sitting out, end off.

Trash was LAEL easy. One warrior who is a total noob feared mobs near Hydross......and gave us a steady stream of elemental adds. Interestingly, we took the normal pull AND 4-5 adds and didn't wipe. I thought it boded well for Lurker.

Got to Lurker, only 2 people had not read up at all, 2 had read up but not watched any videos. We sort out the island DPS and stuff. Pull....and the stupid fearing OT warrior gets aggro before the MT. Try 2, same thing. The MT, who is normally the mildest person on the planet, tells the OT he is an idiot. Try 3, Lurker instagibbs a resto shaman when he shows. Try 4, Lurker instagibbs a shaman again. Try 5, we got fish.

Two people ALWAYS got spouted. On Every Single Try. Always the same two idiots. Two healers as well, meaning raid healing went up the shitter immidiately. One of them also kept releasing since he was so far away and took an age to run in, meaning loooong wait times between pulls. He sometimes ran in the wrong way as wel, dying and causing another corpse run. *sigh*

Some people are just unbearable idiots. It's really not hard, but they just fail at the simplest of things.

If everyone but the tank backs out of melee range on the pull, Hydross can not hit them. Make them stand on the back edge of the platform. The tank should be in the water. Also, ranged can not pull aggro because he can only hit melee range. Still, a shield slam/whatever a bear opens with would not be amiss on the pull.

As for getting hit by spouts.... OUCH. Those are knuckle-draggers. It should help if you call out when he begins to cast spout. It gives plenty of time to get underwater.

Fire and Blood marches on. Teron Gorefiend down.

Grats on Teron! :)

The shaman was on the other edge of the platform, which makes it a bit....wah?

The people not avoiding spout though, I was about to murder them last night, painfully.

[quote name='Lyanna Stark' post='1379682' date='Jun 2 2008, 04.42']:lol: WTH?

Phel, if a shadowstep rogue is your best DPS, what are your other guys doing? :([/quote]

Well, here was the roster:
- Me tanking (not very well, honestly)
- Rhaenerys tanking
- Undergeared click-to-cast prot pally tanking a few things (friend of guild/raid leader's boyfriend; we're stuck trying to train him). I watched a little. Definite moments of him doing this:
Exorcism. Wait 3 seconds. Autoattack. Wait 2 seconds. Consecrate. Honestly, I'm not interested in training him up, but the guild leader is doing it because her boyfriend wants it.
- Shadowstep rogue with all but one drop he wants at all out of SSC, may have a Hyjal drop by now, always popping elixirs, always trying to max out his damage. He has massive crit and AP despite dropping hit and not being combat, and somehow it works.
- Another rogue, undergeared and inexperienced. Leader of a small guild that's trying to get through Karazhan and maybe do some 25 mans with us.
- MM Hunter, raid/guild leader's boyfriend. Was reading www.bash.org/?random for at least a third of the trash.
- Arms warrior, only recently having reached gear that doesn't make him laughable.
- Shadow priest, who had some trash afks, does terrible damage on much trash due to it dying too fast, and had to drop shadowform to heal in several situations.
- Holy priest almost solo healing the place.
- The worst balance druid I know, healing as balance. Which is why the shadow priest had to do some healing as well. We would have had another priest healer who is much better, but he stepped out for her due to overfull and the fact that they're dating and he gets much more play time.

Friday went very well; I signed on to do a quick transmute before going to Karazhan, and ended up helping a guildmate down heroic Kargath, since Shattered Halls was the daily. Healed it as ret spec. So I got 25 badges. Saturday, I could have done better on Karazhan, and if we hadn't had had to include some worthless people it would have gone better as well.

Sunday started off wonderfully; I pugged heroic Botanica for the daily, and got a spectacular group; actually a guild who needed 1 dps. Then we replaced the warlock who had to go and did Mech as well. So 11 badges on the rogue.

I then sat around for close on an hour waiting for a normally good guild prot paladin to finish something stupid; letting a friend in greens learn to tank by tanking heroic ramparts. I spec'd to Holy to heal heroic Terrace, and that was actually very rough. Much of the time due to the tankadin's inexperience with the instance and slow reaction times. We wiped because he tried to pull back the first four pull and well, you can't, and he didn't go back up to them when we said he needed to. Selin almost wiped us because he got mana drained to the point of not having any more threat output (I was in the middle of a big heal, so I couldn't stop to cleanse, the drain didn't get pummeled, and he didn't cleanse himself either). Vexallus was a big pain. Why? Because the tank utterly failed until the final attempt where we downed him to kill a flare in anything before the third pair of them. Delrissa had a couple wipes due primarily to the entire group gangbanging one of us right at the start, and then lag started stabbing us in the junk, as did "I forgot to turn righteous fury back on", and my lack of good healing skills and instincts. And Kael... well, if people wouldn't go out of the healer's range, it would probably be smart. We downed him in one, but barely. And of course he dropped two things we didn't want. Only loot taken was the prot paladin taking the Vial of the Sunwell. Which annoys me, since it was one of the reasons I went there, and I was healing it. But at least the hunter didn't get it. Yes, he wants it.

There are people out there who simply fail at things like dodging spout, or not standing where they have been repeatedly told not to stand, until a stupidly large number of tries finally teach them how to do things right. Said people, unfortunately, cannot always be removed from a run like they need to be.

[quote name='PhelanArcetus' post='1379841' date='Jun 2 2008, 08.37']Said people, unfortunately, cannot always be removed from a run like they need to be.[/quote]

Yes they can. Open recruiting and keep it open. A slowdown is better than a no-chance. :D

Anyway, my weekend consisted of progression. We killed Archimonde on Friday and Teron Gorefiend on Sunday after clearing to him. Tonight we take a look at Bloodboil and hopefully RoS.

The only problem in our raid at the moment is that we now have too many people showing up to raids! We had issues with attendance so we left recruitment open, and now all of those people want to be in for the progression kills. Last night we had almost a 40 man. I hate putting people on backup. I've been having to put REALLY good healers on backup constantly. Including my wife. :P I'm making her go shadow, I think.

As for my gear... slow steady improvements to multiple sets. I have some decent avoidance gear now, though I need a few more pieces for Sunwell level avoidance. For my primary tanking set, I got T6 gloves which got rid of my last T4 piece (Maidens mittens). Nothing sexy recently, though. No T6 shoulders or shield upgrades or anything. Still rocking Gruul's. I *am* over 18k unbuffed in my stam set now, though. Which blows my mind.

Ok Grim, step away from the pixie stix - we're worried about you....(3 resto shams? :o I'm at least going for variety).

Got enough badges for my new [url="http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33536"]belt[/url] and can see a difference in damage already - cranked a boglord for 4300, :drunk:

Upgraded my MB/Proc and Vidcard yesterday, I'm super skippy that I can run through Shatt without any lag now.
That's the only thing I'm happy about though:

I've been running H.UB and H.SP practically every day for the last 2 weeks to get my [url="http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32078"]shoulders[/url] and [url="http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30541"]skirt[/url].
I get up yesterday around 1230 and see some of our guys running through there for an early heroic set before doing it again with their alts later in the day.
Both my pieces drop - the Holy Pally saved them from DE just to prove it to me.
I go in there 2hrs later - we get all the same drops as the earlier run - [i]except[/i] for my shoulders and skirt, :tantrum: .

[quote name='Stego' post='1379851' date='Jun 2 2008, 08.47']Including my wife. :P I'm making her go shadow, I think.[/quote]

That's cold man.

Gimme a rogue spot in your raid =P

Owh Phel :/ that's pretty dire.

Regarding Lurker, I was not the raid leader since I hadn't been there before. Interestingly, I was still the only one who knew the trash pulls (having studied wowwiki, bosskillers, etc etc) for days so I knew which order stuff needed to be killed, which mobs silenced etc.

As for people AFKing on our raids: since I normally lead our raids (non 25-mans, I seem to have been relegated to whine bitch since a lot of people have a very hard time with female raid leaders. You should hear some of the comments I've got, like "HAHAHAHAHAH you got told by a girl" etc etc) and if people lag behind, we just leave them behind and continue, plus tell them their DPS was shite and they need to improve or will be benched for 25 mans until they do.

Hence KZ is where people prove themselves, and that works pretty well. Plus the fact that we have face mashed WWS stats lately, showing people why hit rating, correct spec and DPS rotations = good things. To be honest, the DPSers in our guild are normally outperforming their gear.

As for a prot pally taking 3 sec to cast consecration. :/ I still click holy shield on my pally tank since I have been too lazy when it comes to reorganising my keybinds. SoR and judgement are keybound though. But...once the CD is nearly up, you spam that button anyway, so it doesn't matter? Or well, you ought to, unless it is keybound in case you spam the key.

As for hMGT, I swear I am not setting my foot in that place again ever, unless I get paid. We've farmed the first boss for ages for this one mage's dagger, and it never ever drops. The people I go with are just getting worse at nuking Selin's mana crystals, just letting him drain and drain and drain. Nobody ever interrupts his casts (last time we went with TWO mages, none of the could be bothered to CS him, none of the could be bothered to nuke the bloody crystals).

This means I get mana drained, have to use fiend and pots, and people almost die anyway cos I can't heal them.

At least it must be fantastic with a pally tank on the annoying eel pulls before Vexallus. If I get a penny for each time I have heard "Oops LOL, got 3 groups. No wait, it's 4" and the AOE going "WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU HEAL ME?????" I'd be rich.

Archived